Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a ...

Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a play for Cardinals receive...

There are 29 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Bob Sansevere: Vikings should make a play for Cardinals receive.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Itemizing a few things ... Item: The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in a great finish to Super Bowl XLIII.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Juice Newton

Somerset, WI

#1 Feb 3, 2009
Boldin would be worth a 2nd round pick and a nice fit for the Vikes. Good call Bob!
Vikes fan in Calif

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2009
I agreed the Vikings will need a Quaterback for next year, TJ is no QB. It also helps to find a head coach like Mike Tomlin instead of Brad Brainless.
itzmetou

Saint Cloud, MN

#3 Feb 3, 2009
Id have to agree... the draft is deep with Tackles this year and if we were to trade for Boldin it would be a FANTASTIC IDEA!!! think about it Berrian the deep threat and then you have Boldin the big body possession receiver.... Wade the elusive slot man and then you have Rice who WILL make plays against a 4th string CB. Great Idea! But whatever we do we need to get a QB here! Farve in FA, Trade for Matt Cassel, Derek Anderson, Sage Rosenfiels, or even try to get Carson Palmer away from the Bengals, bengals are in a state of chaos and need to completely REBUILD again. Lets go Wilf make some moves! Its now or NEVER Winfield deserves a ring and so does Peterson!
Fritz

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 3, 2009
never trade for matt cassel he is a product of a system and not worth what we would have to give up for him. brady was a gem but do you think that the patriots were lucky enough to get two really god quarterbacks in the late rounds. not likely
Bryce

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Feb 3, 2009
Boldin plus picking up Matt Hasselbeck or Derek Anderson would seal the deal for me
Fritz

Lakeville, MN

#7 Feb 3, 2009
derek anderson had that one good year because people didn't have him scouted that well either and then he picked up another good reciver in stalworth and he did even worse

Since: Feb 09

Louisville, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2009
Juice Newton wrote:
Boldin would be worth a 2nd round pick and a nice fit for the Vikes. Good call Bob!
You had better be willing to part with a whole lot more than that if you want Q. A 2nd round pick isn't worth the Cards notice when it comes to a guy like Q.
Edwin

Big Lake, MN

#9 Feb 3, 2009
A good receiver won't mean a thing without a quarterback who can get the ball to him, and a Head Coach who isn't deathly afraid of throwing a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.
40for60

United States

#10 Feb 3, 2009
The KY Arizona Cards Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better be willing to part with a whole lot more than that if you want Q. A 2nd round pick isn't worth the Cards notice when it comes to a guy like Q.
Then cough up Fitzgerald, he wants to play closer to home anyway, and the Cardinals simply don't deserve him.
Fritz

Lakeville, MN

#11 Feb 3, 2009
it would be sweet to get fitzgerald back in minnesota. to bad the carndals will never trade him though
itzmetou

Saint Cloud, MN

#12 Feb 3, 2009
Well we would all love to see Fitzgerald come back right? ehe too bad he never will. Thats like saying that the Vikings were going to trade Randy Moss away back in 99-00 season and trying to tell the Lions to trade away Calvin Johnson haha.... they would simply laugh and look the other way. But like i said..... I Cleveland had A LOT of issues this year. Defense was horrible, offense was in dissarray Stallworth was hurt yet again, and Big Play Braylon Edwards was a bust this whole season (I had him on my Fantasy Roster) so believe me when i say their offense was in dissarray. Derek Anderson is a lot better than you think they just had waaaayyy too much issues on both sides of the ball. I think our best odds of landing a QB will be with either Cleveland for Anderson, Seattle for Hasselbeck, or lure away Carson Palmer if we can....

Anderson will be a cheaper trade for us since Quinn will get his chance so a 2nd rounder at most is legit for Anderson. Same would go for Hasselbeck but I dont think Seattle will let him go.

Louisville, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2009
Fritz wrote:
it would be sweet to get fitzgerald back in minnesota. to bad the carndals will never trade him though
Why would Fitz ever go to Minnesota? Maybe when he is nearing retirement but I think he would like to stay with his original team.
Fritz

Lakeville, MN

#14 Feb 4, 2009
fitz is no where near retirement. and we could probably get palmer for a 2nd rounder and taylor even though taylor is a great back up we could get another running back in the draft

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#15 Feb 4, 2009
i have said ever since anquan boldin has been wanting out of arizona that the vikings should go after him because he would be a great fit in minnesota. the only problem is that the vikings have a lot of big contracts on the team and he may not fit under the salary cap or they might not have enough money to pay him.

Rensselaer

#17 Feb 4, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>the biggest problem? Who do you have that can get him the ball??? Worry about that first.
why are of you trash talking tjack? half of the time he hits the reciever right in the numbers and they let it bounce off of their chest. so i think you should also look to see who he has to throw the ball to. berrian is more of a deep threat than a route runner. rice wasnt used nearly enough except in 3rd down and redzone situations and it hurt his progression of route running quite a bit. bobby wade has below average hands and an ok route runner but nothing to brag about. robert ferguson and jim kleinsasser are both better run blockers than recievers. shiancoe is an average back up tight end and had only one game where he made a few plays. aundrae allison is nothing more than a fourth reciever and a special teams player. and jaymar johnson just fills the roster out. that isnt a very good recieving corp. in fact, it is probably one of worst in the league because of the way they are used.
Fritz

Lakeville, MN

#19 Feb 4, 2009
tjack had a really good final couple games when he regained his starter role but i think we need to go after palmer because if cincinati was thinking they would be clearing house while they can get the most for their big players and totally rebuild

Rensselaer

#20 Feb 5, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>it's not a secret and the general consensus of many football experts that your current QB sucks.
and we also know how often they are right.

Louisville, KY

#21 Feb 5, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
and we also know how often they are right.
I for one like TJack. I think he is better than most people try to say. I would much rather have him as the starter than our QB in the wings Matt, that QB that every one said great things about from USC. Have you seen both in a game? Matt looks scared in the pocket and TJack looks much more comfortable(even when he runs) then Matt ever has. The moral of the story is I agree with you people shouldn't trash TJack.

Rensselaer

#22 Feb 6, 2009
The KY Arizona Cards Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one like TJack. I think he is better than most people try to say. I would much rather have him as the starter than our QB in the wings Matt, that QB that every one said great things about from USC. Have you seen both in a game? Matt looks scared in the pocket and TJack looks much more comfortable(even when he runs) then Matt ever has. The moral of the story is I agree with you people shouldn't trash TJack.
everyone just seems to give up on a guy after his first year starting if he doesnt have a peyton manning like season. even manning didnt play too good his first year with 28 ints. as for matt leinart, i have said ever since he came out of usc that he will be great and i still believe that. every young guy is scared when he first gets his chance mainly because they are scared of screwing up and being hated by the fans. he just has to get used to the nfl level of play.

Louisville, KY

#23 Feb 6, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone just seems to give up on a guy after his first year starting if he doesnt have a peyton manning like season. even manning didnt play too good his first year with 28 ints. as for matt leinart, i have said ever since he came out of usc that he will be great and i still believe that. every young guy is scared when he first gets his chance mainly because they are scared of screwing up and being hated by the fans. he just has to get used to the nfl level of play.
I do hope you are right about Matt the results just haven't shown it thus far. Matt has GREAT receivers to throw to. We have all seen Kurt throw it up and Fitz make an amazing catch. The problem with Matt is his throwing the ball up to Fitz is even out Fitz's amazing reach. Hopefully he will get better and I did hear that he has gotten alot more serious since loosing his job to Kurt. Maybe that will help him. After all TJack was much better when he regained his position late in the year. Maybe you just need to take the pressure off sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grading the 49ers' loss to Seattle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News 2015 NFL Free Agency: Best Twitter Talk About L... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OCF 1
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10
News Niners roll, turn attention to Packers (Dec '13) Jan '14 GBPfan 13
More from around the web