Seeing Boldin's sideline blowup is de...

Seeing Boldin's sideline blowup is deceiving

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 27, 2009, titled Seeing Boldin's sideline blowup is deceiving. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Before we get to Anquan Boldin's explanation of why he was caught on TV looking like the quintessential me-first athlete in the Cardinals' NFC championship game victory, it's important to listen to his answer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Dec 08

Oakland, CA

#1 Jan 27, 2009
A.B. don't let the media bother you .... i like your fight. Fitzgerald's too. I

t's easy to see why the Cards are in; they fought for it. They played hard. They played with some spirit, "fire in the belly".

Overcame great odds to be in this position, including two winning two playoff road games. And then at home the Championship.

Says a lot about a team that lost 3 out of it's last 4 regular season games. So much for the momentum theory.

How many Bears were emotional like Larry Fitzgerald was last game, and backed it up with performance?
Kelly Quinn

Lewisville, TX

#2 Jan 28, 2009
Wow. A sports writer who not only makes some great points, but can actually write. Good job. I may have to start reading my old hometown paper more often!
ACW

Saint John, IN

#3 Jan 28, 2009
Rick, one of your best articles I must say. This article explains Boldin's true character and not the bs everyone has been fed. This man is no pre-Madonna. He is a class act. He is also a true #1 wide out. Look at his numbers before Fitz was there....with Josh McCown throwing the ball.If it was any other year, I would love the Bears to trade for him, but I feel that we have too many holes to fill in this draft. We need to get younger and bigger on the o-line and this is a great draft to do so. Despite that, Jerry has proved he can't really draft in the first three rounds so why not ship those picks off since they will be wasted.
Bill

Iowa City, IA

#4 Jan 28, 2009
Good article Rick, but I have to disagree with Walter not getting a touchdown. It sure seemed to me that Mike tried to get Walter a touchdown, but the Patriots were NOT going to let Walter do anything. It had to be frustrating for him, but he is the main reason we won - he took the heat off everybody else.
charles

Plymouth, IN

#5 Jan 28, 2009
your efforts rk to get bolden in a bears uniform sucks just like your writing!
greg from chicago

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Nice article, Rick. I've been telling people the exact same thing for the last week or so.

Oakland, CA

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Bill wrote:
Good article Rick, but I have to disagree with Walter not getting a touchdown. It sure seemed to me that Mike tried to get Walter a touchdown, but the Patriots were NOT going to let Walter do anything. It had to be frustrating for him, but he is the main reason we won - he took the heat off everybody else.
I agree with you. The Bears did try to get Walter in there. The two pivotal plays that come to mind that did not go in Walters favor where the option play where Jimmy Mac kept it himself. He dove in from the 2 instead of pitching to Walter whom I am pretty sure would have scored on that play had Jimmy Mac pitch it back to Sweetness.

And the call to give the ball to Perry who scored. That call (series) and eventual TD by Perry probably should have been Walter's try.
It's too bad, but, Walter is still the greatest of all time, person and player.

Sounds like A.B.'s a pretty good catch too.

Oakland, CA

#8 Jan 28, 2009
charles wrote:
your efforts rk to get bolden in a bears uniform sucks just like your writing!
Charles, Charles.
Looks like RK has a following OF 5 FAVORABLE AND 1 UNFAVORABLE (right now),

Seems he'll be going happy tonight.

What was so bad about the article?

Oakland, CA

#9 Jan 28, 2009
when someone has 40 screws in their head, i think we all get a little excited.
since63

Mesa, AZ

#10 Jan 28, 2009
Q, as we know him in AZ, is the real deal. His passion is very similar to Walters. Ditka admits that not getting Walter a SB touchdown is his biggest regret. The Cards are a better team with Q on the field, however, in Healys defense, he runs guys in and out all the time. All Cardinal receivers will get touches in the SB and I think they'll win the game.
As to next year, anything the Bears could do to get this guy would make our team better! My biggest fear is we stand pat because Dopey Smith thinks we're almost there. We were 9-7 just like the Cards, forgetting that whenever the Cards really needed a win, they stepped up and got one, while Dopey's team folded because the players don't seem to play with any fire, the coaches a resemble the three stooges more than real NFL guys. hopefully, the Bears come back next year and we can get back to the playoffs again.

Oakland, CA

#11 Jan 28, 2009
Since, how's things in Mesa?
roughing out the winter???

Smith is not so dopey, but, he does seem to lack the ability to fire his team up consistently for big games.

Even in Super Bowl XLI, they (the Bears players) looked a little too un-nervous.....

This last game against Houston, technically our SB at that point in the season, and we played that flat?

I liked your post, but i am not sure Smith is Dopey. Maybe see no wonder, hear no wonder, do no wonder, but not dopey.

side note ....
would have been nice to be on the every 20 year plan. Too bad we never made it to Super Bowl XL to go with our Double XX's ...

technically, after 2006, didn't some of us expect a return trip ... and not the fallout of Rex?

Approved by Mike Dikta.
Sean

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 28, 2009
Putting him on the bench at the time was a wise decision. By the time the spat happened, the Cardinals had the game well in hand, and they, logically, didn't want to risk Boldin aggravating his injury from the Wild Card round in garbage time before the Super Bowl. Any coach would have made the decision Haley made. Fitzgerald was perfectly healthy, and could play with much less risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anquan Boldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grading the 49ers' loss to Seattle (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Purdy: 49ers headquarters just a big junior hig... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News 2015 NFL Free Agency: Best Twitter Talk About L... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OCF 1
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Micah Hyde is set to go anywhere (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mossy Cade 10
News Niners roll, turn attention to Packers (Dec '13) Jan '14 GBPfan 13
More from around the web