For Minnesota Vikings' Cedric Griffin...

For Minnesota Vikings' Cedric Griffin, it's all about turnovers

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 27, 2008, titled For Minnesota Vikings' Cedric Griffin, it's all about turnovers. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Before Cedric Griffin's begins practice each day at Winter Park, he warms up by punching, hammering and raking - the football, of course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

team going nowhere

United States

#1 Nov 28, 2008
I wish he would work as hard at pass defense perfect poster child for whats wrong with the vikings
xHP ni naD

Glendale, AZ

#2 Nov 28, 2008
the only turn over i'm interested in at this point is the one coming at the head coach posistion. GO BEARS beat the Vikes, win the division, and put an end to the Klink era/ERROR once and for all. DA BEARS!!!!!!
Sense

United States

#3 Nov 28, 2008
team going nowhere wrote:
I wish he would work as hard at pass defense perfect poster child for whats wrong with the vikings
Interesting comment coming from cheddar land.
Should we start dissecting what ails GB?

Oops, I forgot, we have a 500 word limit on posts.
dennis lynn

North Las Vegas, NV

#4 Nov 28, 2008
He is the worst cover corner in the league..He makes make Dewayne Washigton and Fred Smoot look like Hall of Famers. He should be practicing how to look clueless during pass routes.. #rd and long you can bet the opposing QB's look where Griffin is located. Pathetic the way he prances after a tackle. The coaches the put him out there should be fired also.
Brandon

Lakeville, MN

#5 Nov 28, 2008
Maybe if Ced worked on tackling and covering his man, he'd be alright....he is terrible in coverage and poses whenever he does anything...
Griz83

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 28, 2008
Give me a break! Griffin has made zero progress in learning how to cover receiverers since is unfortunate arrival to play for the Vikings. No matter how bad the opposing quarterback, he can always take solace in the fact that Chiller and Co. will make sure Griffin is in there to give them a better than 50-50 shot at a third-down conversion no matter how many yards to go. If the opposing team throws his way, odds are that Griffin will be at least ten yards away from the receiver he's supposed to be covering. And now the Pioneer Press does a puff piece quoting Griffin and his inept coaches bragging about how tough he can be causing fumbles?! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with the same bad results. And Chiller & Co. have proven how nuts they are by continuing to play Griffin. Give somebody else--ANYBODY ELSE--a shot at playing corner instead of Griffin.
markymark

West Monroe, LA

#7 Nov 28, 2008
Hey, Griffin (aka toast as to how often he get burnt); why don't you work on pass coverage and try to prevent receivers from catching the football. Then you wouldn't have to work on trying to strip the ball from their hands. You and your DB coach are a couple of morons. The first priority of playing corner is stopping the receivers from catching the damn ball, not stripping it, USELESS! Your DB coach says you're "doing a nice job". If that's the case, then he is as clueless as Klink. UPDATED: FIRE CHILDRESS AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF, EXCEPT FOR FRAZIER!
doc

Hillsboro, OR

#8 Nov 28, 2008
Going in against Chicgo the Vikes need to get better use out of there offense weapons AD and Taylor. Throw something at Chicgo they haven't seen before. But I don't think are Coach has the smarts to do that. One Idea is to put Taylor at wide receiver and AD in the backfield. Don't limit AD use him more this Idea that AD needs more rest in just another example of the head coach Childress lack of football savy. Go Vikes
Waders

Tucson, AZ

#9 Nov 28, 2008
It bugs me that Griffin plays so far off the receiver at the line of scrimmage. It almost guarantees a reception. How many times have we seen that? How about a chuck to throw off the receiver's rythem? How about replacing the head coach?
Justin Sider

Santa Rosa, CA

#10 Nov 28, 2008
Joe Woods is an idiot and horrible coach. Griffin has difficulty covering and is better suited for SS/FS. Griffin hits as hard as anyone on the team and is pretty quick. Two things Sharper isnt... Having corners play off the ball is not their choice. It's the stupid scheme. Out of curiousity what the hell was wrong with CB Brandon Sumrall? He was a special teams stud and made the most of his limited playing time...
Mark

United States

#11 Nov 28, 2008
With Winfield and Griffin, we have two hard tacklers, but not the shut-down cover corner everyone wants on the team. It goes along with a strong run defensive team overall, but a poor pass defense: our problem last year, and much of this season. Really, we're going to have to learn to tighten up against the pass if we really want to improve our team. Our improved pass rush this year is a start. Griffin can make a statement this Sunday night against the Bears. Let him disguise his soft coverage if he likes, but let's see him make some breaks on the ball and bust up those pass plays. Skol, Vikings!
Baller

United States

#12 Nov 28, 2008
Claro que si, estos dos cabrones tienen que ponerse las pilas, en especial Griffin. Debido a que estoy en Mexico no veo muchos partidos de los Vikings, pero los pocos que he podidover he notado que siempre tiran pases a donde esta Griffin y alrededor del 90% son atrapados. Con 3 aņos en la liga, es para que ya estuviera bien establecido y no permitiera tantos pases completos.
Por otra parte, estoy feliz por que el juego del domingo sera transmitido en Mexico y podre ver como le dan en la madre a los pinches ositos... GO VIKINGs!!! PURPLE PRIDE!!!
tcP

Omaha, NE

#13 Nov 28, 2008
he better be able to rip it away, he's not even as good a willie teal in coverage.

BTW McNabb haters, while not my top choice or even top 20 choice for QB, he's better than Gus. McNabb is waning but he can be hot/cold at times, but gus isn't even luke warm/cold, he's just a stiff.
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

#14 Nov 29, 2008
I like Ced on that fumble last week....classic Viking blunder move that got saved by some player...so many days ago...so many beers....all I can remember is the the fumble on the ground and here comes Griffin....the funny thing is that the Vikings have done this so many times before...I mean when every turnover counts and is so important....they still don't learn from past mistakes...Ced instead of securing the ball on the ground he goes and tries to pick it up and run...guess what...as usual he/or any Viking muffs it but luckily we had another player in the area to fall on it...which by the way folkes never happens when one of our boneheaded players muffs the fumble recovery...it just completely amazes me...I just don't get it...turnovers are few and far between...just fall on the damn ball. This should be drilled into every players head and they should be fined if they try to pick it up and run with it. One because we always cause turnovers but ofcourse there is never anybody in the area to retrieve it...two we muff the fumble, just fall on the damn ball quit trying to be a damn hero...it only works out 17% of the time for us...arrrghhhh!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andre Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriots # 1 in power rankings? (Oct '15) Oct '15 Hawk 1
News Houston's Mallett looks for turnaround against ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts taint 1
News Texans' additions not enough to dethrone the Co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race (Dec '14) Dec '14 Diarrhea Dave 2
News The Buffalo Bills Will See a Familiar Face When... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News 10 observations on the Texans so far (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News A Pick Six of new passing combos (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 2
More from around the web