College's best are up for grabs

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Because of flops such as Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer and Akili Smith in the 1990s, quarterback once was considered the most risky position to select in the NFL Draft's first round.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Unless it's Calvin Johnson. No wide receiver picks until 2nd or 3rd round please.
TRUEDOLFAN

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Steve wrote:
Again to my point of picking the best players. The lions are idiots if they don't take Calvin Johnson at 2 if he is there. I don't care how many wideouts they have drafted before. You have to take the best players available.
When you're loaded with talent, you have that luxury. When you have as many needs as the Dolphins, you have to take another angle. What good is it drafting the best defensive player available when you still can't score any points. We need to pull a Jimmy Johnson here and rely on great scouting to fill needs, not picking the biggest name available.

We're rebuilding and don't have a firm foundation to build upon. The New England Patriots drafted smart and filled needs, thats why they're competitive every year.

As for the Lions, Jon Kitna was 4th in passing last year...and you say pick Calvin Johnson when they already have Roy Williams? They're picking 2nd for a reason...they can't run the ball or protect the QB.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Detriot is going no where this year. You pick Calvin Johnson along with the best available players in everyround this year. Next year you do the same thing & in year 3 they won't be in this position again.
gj4fins

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

My suggestion - Fins trade the 9th Pick to the Gang Green Stinkin' Jets for Jon Vilma and the 25th Pick - Vilma odd man out in NY's 4-3, but would be awesome 4th LB Piece of our 3-4 Scheme. With the 25th Pick we get WR Dwyane Bowe, Jarrett, or Anthony Gonzalez from Ohio State. With the 2nd Round Pick we take the Best Available QB on the board. So for the Top 2 Picks we get a Pro Bowl Linebacker from the U already under contract, A Quality WR, and in the 2nd Round take care of QB position with a young guy to learn under Trent Green and Cam. Remainder of draft we go for O-Lineman plus Secondary Help, along with defensive depth.
cmac

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

I cant count the number of morons writing in on these blogs that know everything but absolutely nothing. So I should add my 2 cents as well. The Dolphins absolutely need more speed on offense and picking up wr Ginn would do just that. I would love to see that happen with the #9 pick, then secure an OT and Beck at QB in the second round. If the Dolphins waste picks on defense early in this draft I would loose confidence in the job Ran & Cam have started, which so far looks very solid.
thirstybuzzardca ne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Gary wrote:
There is no use talking about Russell and Quinn, they won't be playing here and I doubt that Thomas or Brown will either. Thomas will be gone and so will both QBs.
As far as moving up in the draft goes that appears to be out of the question because of all the holes they need to fill. I look for Miami to stay right where they are and pick the player they feel that fits there system, and that appears to be on the defensive side of the ball. This draft is loaded with Off-lineman and they will load up on them because there will be good ones still left in the third round and beyond. So here is my guess Miami will move down to get more picks if possable. If they are able to do that then look for Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton or Beck to be in a Dolphin uniform by the end of the first day.
Well said
TRUEDOLFAN

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

Steve wrote:
Detriot is going no where this year. You pick Calvin Johnson along with the best available players in everyround this year. Next year you do the same thing & in year 3 they won't be in this position again.
They have attempted to do that the last 15 yrs and they are still in the toilet, time for a new strategy...better yet a new GM. Matt Millen is one of the worst GM's in the history of the NFL because of drafting the best player available instead trading down and adressing needs, which seems to be at reciever 3 yrs in a row, and look at them, picking in the top 5 again.
TRUEDOLFAN

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

cmac wrote:
I cant count the number of morons writing in on these blogs that know everything but absolutely nothing. So I should add my 2 cents as well. The Dolphins absolutely need more speed on offense and picking up wr Ginn would do just that. I would love to see that happen with the #9 pick, then secure an OT and Beck at QB in the second round. If the Dolphins waste picks on defense early in this draft I would loose confidence in the job Ran & Cam have started, which so far looks very solid.
So you come on here, call names,and then suggest picking Tedd Ginn with the 9th pick? He sucks at running routes (remember Gonzalez was the clutch reciever there) and can't block. You were better off not posting at all.
Mike 17-0

Stow, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

No way, and if they did what else would the fins get?
gj4fins wrote:
My suggestion - Fins trade the 9th Pick to the Gang Green Stinkin' Jets for Jon Vilma and the 25th Pick - Vilma odd man out in NY's 4-3, but would be awesome 4th LB Piece of our 3-4 Scheme. With the 25th Pick we get WR Dwyane Bowe, Jarrett, or Anthony Gonzalez from Ohio State. With the 2nd Round Pick we take the Best Available QB on the board. So for the Top 2 Picks we get a Pro Bowl Linebacker from the U already under contract, A Quality WR, and in the 2nd Round take care of QB position with a young guy to learn under Trent Green and Cam. Remainder of draft we go for O-Lineman plus Secondary Help, along with defensive depth.
cmac

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

So..Mr. TRUEDOLFAN you have lots of opinions about opinions. Who do you say the Dolphins should draft at #9? It's obvious the Dolphins have lots of needs, receiver being one of them in my opinion. I believe we can get quality players at other positions deeper in the draft, and although Ginns abillity to run routes are questionable, like most NFL rookies, his natural abillity is not. Didn't mean to offend anyone with the moron comment, but we all are a little moronic for taking this so seriously. Thats what being a fan is all about. No punt intended. Go Dolphins 2007!!!
TRUEDOLFAN

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

cmac wrote:
So..Mr. TRUEDOLFAN you have lots of opinions about opinions. Who do you say the Dolphins should draft at #9? It's obvious the Dolphins have lots of needs, receiver being one of them in my opinion. I believe we can get quality players at other positions deeper in the draft, and although Ginns abillity to run routes are questionable, like most NFL rookies, his natural abillity is not. Didn't mean to offend anyone with the moron comment, but we all are a little moronic for taking this so seriously. Thats what being a fan is all about. No punt intended. Go Dolphins 2007!!!
To answer your question we should draft no one with the 9th pick, trade down. If lightning strikes, trade up for Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

As for Ted Ginn, its unfortunate he gotten hurt in the championship game, he wouldn've been exposed for being mediocre with the rest of his teamates. Look at his stats, he played against no one. One can argue he had over a 100 yds against Leon Hall from Michigan. Well Leon Hall (another overrated BIG 10 player) gave up over 200 yds to Jarret so thats not saying much. Looking at his games, stats, and even scouting reports...no one has this guy as a #1 reciever. Check out Calvin Johnson and Dewayne Bowe, you'll see what natural ability truly is.

Oh yeah, I apologize for the negative comment, thought you were another bozo that knows nothing about the sport, you proved me wrong with your last comment. Go Dolphins!
thirstybuzzardca ne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2007

Trade up for Calvin Johnson, this boy is a stud.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••