Three things: Ravens vs. Texans

Full story: Baltimore Sun 10
Jump out to an early lead. The Ravens could use the crowd to their advantage. If they can gain a quick advantage, the crowd at Reliant Stadium will turn on a Texans team that got routed in the opener. Full Story
Joshua Radice

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Sep 12, 2008
They should run right at Mario Williams. Double team him right at the point of attack. Then on passing downs, line up a Tight end on his side to chip him on his way out to the pass pattern. On play action passes, that helps sell the run threat (with the TE engaging) and then the timing of the route works well for when the QB turns around to look downfield. Just a thought...
FireTrembley

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Joshua Radice wrote:
They should run right at Mario Williams. Double team him right at the point of attack. Then on passing downs, line up a Tight end on his side to chip him on his way out to the pass pattern. On play action passes, that helps sell the run threat (with the TE engaging) and then the timing of the route works well for when the QB turns around to look downfield. Just a thought...
Yeah let's play to their strengths...maybe put Flacco back in the shotgun with some 4 and 5 receiver sets and let him air it out. A few fake punts from our own 10 would probably be prudent too. While we're at it I think maybe throw them off with a little revival of the wing-T offense. Works well for those 8 man football teams in TX why not give it a try.
Joshua Radice

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Sep 12, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah let's play to their strengths...maybe put Flacco back in the shotgun with some 4 and 5 receiver sets and let him air it out. A few fake punts from our own 10 would probably be prudent too. While we're at it I think maybe throw them off with a little revival of the wing-T offense. Works well for those 8 man football teams in TX why not give it a try.
huh?! Flacco in the spread would actually play to his strengths, but he never ran the Wing-T (even in high school). Unless this is some lame attempt at sarcasm, in which case...
Maui Guy

Long Beach, CA

#4 Sep 12, 2008
Other things that go wrong:

1. What if one of the Ravens hurts his pinkie on a play? And his mommy isn't there to give it a kiss. What could happen from that?

2. What if Flacco, so upset at not playing at home, forgets all the plays and starts yelling "Hoo haaa!"

3. What if Willis McGahee gets mad because other people have taken his job and runs backwards to get even.

If this stuff happens I am going to be really upset!
FireTrembley

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2008
Joshua Radice wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?! Flacco in the spread would actually play to his strengths, but he never ran the Wing-T (even in high school). Unless this is some lame attempt at sarcasm, in which case...
Yeah it was good humored sarcasm...and putting the Ravens offense in a 4 or 5 receiver set would be suicide...especially against the Texans' pass rush.
Joshua Radice

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Sep 12, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it was good humored sarcasm...and putting the Ravens offense in a 4 or 5 receiver set would be suicide...especially against the Texans' pass rush.
My bad. Friday afternoon lameness...
jokerRavenFan

Waipahu, HI

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Why so serious?
Joshua Radice

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Sep 12, 2008
jokerRavenFan wrote:
Why so serious?
...wanna see me make this pencil disappear?!
Champ

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 12, 2008
I think Joshua is right. The best way to neutralize a good pash rush is to run right at them. That's the best way to beat Dwight Freeney, likely a good way to handle Mario. And I like the 4 receiver sets if they put Joe in shotgun so he can see what is coming at him. I like the way he procatively moves the pocket for himself - rather than wait for it to collapse around him.
Phil

Nampa, ID

#10 Sep 12, 2008
don't change the game plan like Billick did! Ravens have a good rushing attack, and Flacco could find open receivers on the play action. Ravens beat Houston.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andre Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race Dec '14 Diarrhea Dave 2
The Buffalo Bills Will See a Familiar Face When... Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
10 observations on the Texans so far (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
A Pick Six of new passing combos (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 2
Texans seek growth from trip to Denver (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Trio of Texans starters return to practice (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Palmer's short stint perfect, Arizona beats Texans (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
More from around the web