Can physical safeties cover? | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Their relative inexperience is a matter of record. Their coverage skills are unproven.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

I'm all for if you can't break up the pass or get the pick, make sure that receiver knows your there and bust that A$$.
JWMFIII

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

VERY timely article....I think that the Buckeye safeties and their inability to cover is the Bucks weakest link.....Look for the Canes to expose them big-time......Buckeyes will have to blitz to stop Cane passing attack!!!
striated

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

"Inability to cover"... exaggerate much? It may be our d's only real weak point, but for this d that's akin to the aerodynamics being the "weak point" of a Mack Truck!

THIS IS YOUR YEAR BOYS!!!! GO BUCKS!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

JWMFIII wrote:
VERY timely article....I think that the Buckeye safeties and their inability to cover is the Bucks weakest link.....Look for the Canes to expose them big-time......Buckeyes will have to blitz to stop Cane passing attack!!!
Don't think that will be a problem.
carolina fan

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

THESE DEFENSIVE BACKS WILL GIVE UP BIG PLAYS ALL YEAR'
.WE HAD BETTER OPEN UP OUR OFFENSE AND PUT TONS OF POINTS ON THE SCORE BOARD.
mdcbuck

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

These boys are solid, no worries! Nobody in the nation will be able to run against us which will force them to pass. Once they are one dimentional, the linebackers and defensive line's pash rush becomes most important. We have that covered big time. Don't even worry about the D side of the ball.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

JWMFIII wrote:
Just a correction to your statement, The Canes will TRY to expose the Bucks safeties. So let them try!
Big D

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

The last time we beat the sugar canes - it was with a d that was mean and hard hitting. Might not have been the best d - but they hit hard. If our young d smacks people down - we win. Big plays given up? It will happen. But as long as they play smash mouth we will come out on top. Look how the canes folded when hit hard last bowl game. Oh - I know the cold weather hurt the hot house flowers from the south. But it will be a warm day on the 11th for the canes to get introduced to our new d.
Go bucks!
mdcbuck

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

Amen and Amen brothers! Canes might produce for the first half against us but after a couple punches to the jaw, they will fold. Buckeyes will dominate the second half with a strong running game and knock out defense!
Vandalia Buckeye

West Milton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

I thought Johnson started in the Indiana game last year weh Coleman was suspended.
Ken Gordon

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Vandalia Buckeye wrote:
I thought Johnson started in the Indiana game last year weh Coleman was suspended.
No, Russell and Hines were the starters that day. But Johnson got significant playing time (12 minutes), the second-most he played all year, to 21 minutes vs. New Mexico State.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

These kids can hit and cover, I'm more concerned with Torrence and Chekwa being on their guys so we can blitz from everywhere.
GATOR GARY

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

The Buckeyes have better put a lot of pressure on Jacory Harris the CANE QB. If they do not it will be another CHOKING afternoon at the SHOE. Just 16 days away from another National TV CHOKE. The USC CHOKE was priceless. I will always remember the sad little faces of Buckeye Fan after the USC loss! GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!!!
mdcbuck

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

And here is GG again spewing his ignorance. Watch the game florida boy, watch the game!

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!:) YO!!!!!!
GATOR GARY

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

mdcbuck wrote:
And here is GG again spewing his ignorance. Watch the game florida boy, watch the game!
The truth is that Buckeye Fans just don't like to face the truth that their beloved Buckeyes have CHOKED in more big non-conference football than any other football team in the history of the NCAA. Hey! The truth hurts! I'll definetly be watching the GATOR BAMA GAME. It must be pretty embarrassing to be a Buckeye Fan in the heart of SEC Country. GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!!!
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Yea, here we go again with Double G and his insightful rambling. Just to let you know its not embarrassing to be a Buckeye in SEC country. Its actually pretty fun cuz I get to mess with all you SEC folks. And its gonna be even more fun in a couple of weeks.
JWMFIII

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Check out film of Moeller trying to cover Michigan receivers in 2008 game........Look at film of Hines trying to cover in USC game last season...as lost as lost gets...Buckeyes will have to blitz to crush Cane passing attack...GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
TNBuckeye

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

GATOR GARY wrote:
<quoted text> The truth is that Buckeye Fans just don't like to face the truth that their beloved Buckeyes have CHOKED in more big non-conference football than any other football team in the history of the NCAA. Hey! The truth hurts! I'll definetly be watching the GATOR BAMA GAME. It must be pretty embarrassing to be a Buckeye Fan in the heart of SEC Country. GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!!!
It is amazing that you even know what the words "meaningful out of conference game" means. UF does not know how to schedule any of these. At least Miami has always done it. A few SEC schools are now doing it. However, the Gators just wont travel north. Please do not claim FSU is a quality out of conference game!!!
TNBuckeye

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

JWMFIII wrote:
Check out film of Moeller trying to cover Michigan receivers in 2008 game........Look at film of Hines trying to cover in USC game last season...as lost as lost gets...Buckeyes will have to blitz to crush Cane passing attack...GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
It looks like JSTEW has a new name!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anderson Russell Discussions

Search the Anderson Russell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Oller commentary: Smith's college fame sack... (Sep '10) Sep '10 ODaized 40
Ohio State football: Johnson is ready to get st... (Aug '10) Aug '10 mdcbuck 19
NFL draft: Buckeyes' streak in danger | Buckeye... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Huh 37
OSU football: Spitler hopes for fast track to N... (Feb '10) Mar '10 fightfan 33
Buckeyes help tackle reading cause (Mar '10) Mar '10 49erBillie 1
Ohio State football: Gibson declares for NFL | ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 SC Stuart 23
Oregon won't be a pushover | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '09) Jan '10 Buck-guy NJ 423
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••