Bruins suspend 4 players, including Presley, for Saturday's game

Full story: Daily Breeze

UCLA suspended four players for Saturday's game against Kansas State - sophomore cornerback Courtney Viney, redshirt freshman running back Milton Knox and freshman wide receivers Morrell Presley and Randall Carroll - for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2009

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

"We violated a team rule, and it's their decision, and we just have to take it and move forward from here," Viney said. "I think the team is well-prepared, regardless, for Kansas State. I don't think it's a setback at all. I take full responsibility, and I'm full head of steam from here."

How refreshing an player taking responsibility for their actions.

proves Rick is doing the right thing and the players are getting the message.
love it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Great job Coach! We need more people out there willing to give necessary discipline, even if it means it will hurt their chances of winning a game. Personal responsibility seems to be something this country is lacking these days, so I have to commend the coach for doing the right thing and to the players for taking responsibility for their actions.

I'm even more of a UCLA fan now!
OJ Simpson

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

It's a bum rap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alterraun Verner Discussions

Search the Alterraun Verner Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Biddle: Titans defense stands tall in loss ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 xxxzzz 2
AFC South Team Power Rankings Headed Into Week 4 (Sep '12) Sep '12 ronald smith 1
Playing rival USC has been an emotional rollerc... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Gardena Sun 2
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Defense is at its break... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The old bruin 5
Pac-10 Tour: Bruins thinking big in 2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 Brew In 1
Titans Agree To Terms With 2 Draft Picks - News... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Cathy In Ashland City Tn 1
Mays takes shot at Carroll en route to S.F. (Apr '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 48
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••