Meyer now balks at taking leave | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 18 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 24, 2010, titled Meyer now balks at taking leave | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

West Virginia receiver Alric Arnett catches a pass in front of Alterraun Verner, left, of UCLA and Klint Kubiak of Colorado State in the East-West Shrine Game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Chunon

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 24, 2010
The whole leave of absence thing was staged theatrics designed to motivate Florida for the Sugar bowl and to jump start recruiting. What a sham.
Titusville Rob

Titusville, FL

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Urban is a slick opperator thats for sure. He couldn't face the fact that Bama kicked his ass and made up the whole health "thing". What a shameless person. He used it for recruiting as well, not to mention he probably will get a contract extension and a fat pay raise. He sure knows how to work the system.
johnbuck

Enola, PA

#5 Jan 24, 2010
I know 18 year olds don't have as much experience as they will when they get older but enough is enough with the Urban thing. First, he is retiring "for his family", then he will take a leave of absence with his family's approval; now he'll probably not do that but will be back for Spring pactice. This guy doesn't REALLY care about his family or what his Dr's say. He cares about his image and how he appears to the world and nobody better get in his way of that.
He's a true control freak. Its sad because it sounds like he has some pyschological issues of his own.
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#6 Jan 24, 2010
Maybe he found a new recruit to spark a bromance with now that Tebow has left, or more likely, he is just saying what he has to say to keep his recruiting class committed until after national signing day. Then he will walk away, er, limp, he does have health problems. A broken heart.
olbuck

Smyrna, TN

#7 Jan 24, 2010
Titusville Rob wrote:
Urban is a slick opperator thats for sure. He couldn't face the fact that Bama kicked his **** and made up the whole health "thing". What a shameless person. He used it for recruiting as well, not to mention he probably will get a contract extension and a fat pay raise. He sure knows how to work the system.
Have to agree and also have to add that Meyer is a horse's --- and would fit in very well in Washington along with the rest of the snake oil salesmen we have put in place to ruin our country.
Go Bucks11
Bodie

Ormond Beach, FL

#8 Jan 24, 2010
Urban Cryer he is so full of himself!!!! let's see what drama he has to say after Feb. 3rd Without Tebow next year he will have the big one!!
Plus One

Midlothian, VA

#9 Jan 24, 2010
Who cares about Suburban Meyer? I mean really, who cares? Just seeing another Urban article in the Dispatch is enough to give me an atrial fibrillation. Why are you still reporting this crap? This is Ohio, not Florida.

When Meyer and Tebow tie the knot, THEN you can report it. Thanks!
gpg

Florence, TX

#10 Jan 24, 2010
Tim Tebow's mom home schooled me.
OSUfan

Columbus, OH

#11 Jan 25, 2010
Urban Meyer-the biggest liar, besides Tiger Woods, around!
gravy

Richwood, OH

#12 Jan 25, 2010
Tebow broke his heart ! Poor thing !
awhellnaw

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Jan 25, 2010
Wow, we didn't see this happening did we...come on,Urban. You're starting to get a reputation as a drama queen.
awhellnaw

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Jan 25, 2010
olbuck wrote:
<quoted text>Have to agree and also have to add that Meyer is a horse's --- and would fit in very well in Washington along with the rest of the snake oil salesmen we have put in place to ruin our country.
Go Bucks11
We can't keep sports and politics separate, can we? Sheesh...
Reese

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jan 25, 2010
Who cares....There will be a back-lash next year in regards to recruiting.
tiger woods

Mission Viejo, CA

#16 Jan 25, 2010
I took a leave. It's overrated.

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#17 Jan 25, 2010
worked for Farve
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#18 Jan 25, 2010
tiger woods wrote:
I took a leave. It's overrated.
Yeah, but you took a leave because your wife was working on her short game and drilled you in the grill.
Ace

Astoria, NY

#19 Jan 25, 2010
Urban makes a used car salesman look ethical.
cowboy

Sebring, FL

#20 Jan 26, 2010
who cares? I believe most readers of this site care about what is going on with our team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alterraun Verner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joe Biddle: Titans defense stands tall in loss ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 xxxzzz 2
News AFC South Team Power Rankings Headed Into Week 4 (Sep '12) Sep '12 ronald smith 1
News Playing rival USC has been an emotional rollerc... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Gardena Sun 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Defense is at its break... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The old bruin 5
News Pac-10 Tour: Bruins thinking big in 2010 (Aug '10) Aug '10 Brew In 1
News Titans Agree To Terms With 2 Draft Picks - News... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Cathy In Ashland ... 1
News Mays takes shot at Carroll en route to S.F. (Apr '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 48
More from around the web