Spurrier building USC powerhouse

There are 15 comments on the Augusta Chronicle story from Feb 15, 2011, titled Spurrier building USC powerhouse. In it, Augusta Chronicle reports that:

Bit by bit, Steve Spurrier has added pieces to South Carolina's roster and now has the kind of football team he loves to coach: One with reliable receivers, a dependable run game and a defense he can count on to get him the ball back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Augusta Chronicle.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
andy j

Taylors, SC

#82 Sep 9, 2012
as a clemson fan i have finally learned that i can also pull for usc, although it took me 40 years. i dont see any weakness on usc team and i honestly believe that they can win every game, this team is as advertised and i think this is the year they can win it all,,,,,,diehard clemson fan

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83 Sep 9, 2012
andy j wrote:
as a clemson fan i have finally learned that i can also pull for usc, although it took me 40 years. i dont see any weakness on usc team and i honestly believe that they can win every game, this team is as advertised and i think this is the year they can win it all,,,,,,diehard clemson fan
I think Spurrier has done a good job at SC but I think we still beat them this year.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#84 Sep 9, 2012
You guy looked good against Mizzou, but I hope the missing players coming back helps your D. Because that could be your one weakness that puts South carolina over you. We shall see, it'll be a good matchup regardless.
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Spurrier has done a good job at SC but I think we still beat them this year.
Cock N Shoot

Gainesville, FL

#85 Sep 9, 2012
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up! it's time to get up now. YOU MUST HAVE BE DREAMING AGAIN. Time to go to school.

Location hidden

#86 Sep 9, 2012
Matt from Columbus wrote:
You guy looked good against Mizzou, but I hope the missing players coming back helps your D. Because that could be your one weakness that puts South carolina over you. We shall see, it'll be a good matchup regardless.<quoted text>
We should get 2 maybe 3 back on D this week and should have all back by the SC game our D wasn't the problem against SC last year our offense gave the ball up either 4 or 5 times last year and we had a few players suspended. They had 2 pick 6, fake punt for a TD and 2 fumbles 1 for TD and the other brought back inside our 5 for a TD this year will be a different story.

Location hidden

#87 Sep 9, 2012
Cock N Shoot wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up! it's time to get up now. YOU MUST HAVE BE DREAMING AGAIN. Time to go to school.
Don't buy the SC hype my friend UGA will win this game.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#88 Sep 9, 2012
I want you guys to win the east AND win in the SEC championship. My other fav in the conference, Auburn, looks terrible.
a johnson

Taylors, SC

#89 Sep 10, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Cut it with the USC shytt. There is only ONE USC. The Mighty Men of Troy from Southern California
THE REAL USC - FIGHT ON
Out of everything i talked about you waste your words and time on the name i used. GET A LIFE

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#90 Sep 11, 2012
a johnson wrote:
<quoted text> Out of everything i talked about you waste your words and time on the name i used. GET A LIFE
SC stands for Sportscenter!!! HaHa

MY LIFE IS A TROJAN!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#91 Sep 13, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>SC stands for Sportscenter!!! HaHa
MY LIFE IS A TROJAN!!!
SC stands for Sportscenter.

Even though coming from one of my Trojan enemy, that is pretty funny Mister Traveler :)
Cock N Shoot

Gainesville, FL

#92 Sep 16, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Look buddy, just because you have a hard on over this, doesnt mean I am going to join in your redundant orgy. There is a topix poster called CPEM who has debated this with other Carolinas and rebutted everything you good ol' boys are trying to project. It is really too insignificant for me to get into and been done too many times for a late schooler like you...
Because...
SC IS USC, THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, THIRD ALL TIME IN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. YOUR SCHOOL IS A PRETENDER AND WANNABE BIG SCHOOL PROGRAM
And the wannabe school is ranked above your beloved skate board u.
Gator Fan

Gainesville, FL

#93 Sep 16, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>SC stands for Sportscenter!!! HaHa
MY LIFE IS A TROJAN!!!
Maybe you should consider a real life. Go back to the west coast. They need you there. Oh,
yeah, Whats the name of that team that knock you west coast world beaters out of first place?
Like the world believed you were going to stay in first place. lol

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#94 Sep 16, 2012
Florida looks much improved this year, Georgia may have a contender afterall.
Gator Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should consider a real life. Go back to the west coast. They need you there. Oh,
yeah, Whats the name of that team that knock you west coast world beaters out of first place?

San Marino, CA

#95 Sep 17, 2012
Cock N Shoot wrote:
<quoted text>
And the wannabe school is ranked above your beloved skate board u.
South Carolina will come back down to earth ONCE they actually play a real football team. A high school team would be 3-0 against Vanderbilt, East Carolina, and UAB. The Trojans lost to the now 9th ranked Stanford Cardinal which are out to prove they were not JUST Andrew Luck.

San Marino, CA

#96 Sep 17, 2012
Gator Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
See above post Gator Boy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alshon Jeffery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears overcome slow start to beat Buccaneers Nov '14 Matt 2
News Rodgers throws for 4 TDs, Packers beat Bears 38-17 (Sep '14) Oct '14 Sekiv 26
News Images: Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers (Sep '14) Oct '14 CuntlerVision 23
News Lovie Smith and the Draft (Apr '14) Apr '14 Pads and use 2
News Are Chicago Bears Fans Just In Their Questionin... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Cutler confusion clouds Bears' outlook (Nov '13) Nov '13 Shower Room Antics 2
News Bears' Marc Trestman: There are no issues with ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Rock Says 4
More from around the web