Spurrier building USC powerhouse

Feb 15, 2011 Full story: Augusta Chronicle 95

Bit by bit, Steve Spurrier has added pieces to South Carolina's roster and now has the kind of football team he loves to coach: One with reliable receivers, a dependable run game and a defense he can count on to get him the ball back.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#1 Feb 17, 2011
Cut it with the USC shytt. There is only ONE USC. The Mighty Men of Troy from Southern California

THE REAL USC - FIGHT ON
Cockster

Dunnellon, FL

#2 Apr 24, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Cut it with the USC shytt. There is only ONE USC. The Mighty Men of Troy from Southern California
THE REAL USC - FIGHT ON
Get on your skate board and go home. South Carolina was a school before OJ Univ.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#3 Apr 24, 2011
Cockster wrote:
<quoted text>
Get on your skate board and go home. South Carolina was a school before OJ Univ.
Who has the "rights" to USC. Look that up Plainsville boy! And yes I do have a skateboard, but I like to take my convertible beemer instead to the beach to scope out the chicks, thank you!
Cockster

Gainesville, FL

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Now, how did I know you would have a Beemer and a skateboard. Good recruiting year for you guy's. "USC". How do you like your new head coach?

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#5 Apr 29, 2011
Cockster wrote:
Now, how did I know you would have a Beemer and a skateboard. Good recruiting year for you guy's. "USC". How do you like your new head coach?
We are definitely going thru a transition period where many programs would just fold and lay at the bottom of their conference, but bwecause of what USC is, has, and where we play, top quality recruits will come here regardless if we are on probation or not. The high recruiting class proves that. I think Kiffin did an admirable job under the situation. We "only" win 8 games and people are throwing us under the bus. I guess when you thoroughly kick ahss and dominate college football for a decade, everyone thinks you "suck" if you have an 8 win season as opposed to our 11 and 12 win seasons. it is 80 degrees here today and a nice, mild breeze. I am debating...skateboard or beemer? I am getting a little too old for my board though...LOL
Cockster

Gainesville, FL

#6 Apr 29, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>We are definitely going thru a transition period where many programs would just fold and lay at the bottom of their conference, but bwecause of what USC is, has, and where we play, top quality recruits will come here regardless if we are on probation or not. The high recruiting class proves that. I think Kiffin did an admirable job under the situation. We "only" win 8 games and people are throwing us under the bus. I guess when you thoroughly kick ahss and dominate college football for a decade, everyone thinks you "suck" if you have an 8 win season as opposed to our 11 and 12 win seasons. it is 80 degrees here today and a nice, mild breeze. I am debating...skateboard or beemer? I am getting a little too old for my board though...LOL
Good to hear back from you. Enjoy the Beemer if it's that nice out. Yeah, you're right about "USC" and the number of wins each year. When we win 8 games we dance in the streets. LOL. I don't have a Beemer. I'm into Muscle Car's from the 50' and 60's. My collection is a 55,56,57 Chevy, a 64 Chevy
4 speed 327/300hp, a 62 willy's Jeep, and last but not least a 1990 IROC. They are a fun cars but not
much on high tech. LOL. Good luck on the season this coming year.
The real USC

Federal Way, WA

#7 May 5, 2011
Pretty sure if the trojans played in the SEC, they would rarely have even an 8 win season. Play in a real conference bemmer deusche, and then lets have this conversation again!
JHT81

Mobile, AL

#8 Oct 18, 2011
Yes USC with their 8 or 10 draft picks every year would be terrible in the only "real" conference. Some of you SEC homers are so dumb its beyond belief. I am not a fan of USC but they have better talent than any SEC team year in and year out other than LSU Bama and Florida and they have better QBs than any of those teams, in fact the 2nd string QBs at USC would start at most SEC schools.
bobby ray

Columbia, SC

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
THE REAL USC - FIGHT ON
You must be on of S. Cal's honor grads.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#11 Nov 8, 2011
bobby ray wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be on of S. Cal's honor grads.
You know it! When it comes to successful tradition, South Carolina is just a momentary flash in the pan when you compare it to the University of Southern California. CASE CLOSED
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#12 Nov 9, 2011
JHT81 wrote:
Yes USC with their 8 or 10 draft picks every year would be terrible in the only "real" conference. Some of you SEC homers are so dumb its beyond belief. I am not a fan of USC but they have better talent than any SEC team year in and year out other than LSU Bama and Florida and they have better QBs than any of those teams, in fact the 2nd string QBs at USC would start at most SEC schools.
And LSU's 2nd string defense would start at any Pac 12 school. The SEC is very well represented in the NFL. It ain't always the pretty boy QBs. LSU has 1st round picks every year going back to 2003, except for 2010. Their 2011 1st round draft pick, Patrick Peterson, looked like a men among boys in NCAA and still looks like a men among boys in the NFL.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#13 Nov 9, 2011
The condom mascot media darlings don't like it when another school shares the same acronym. The real USC, led by Steve Spurrier, is a college founded in 1801, when Los Angeles was still part of Mexico. The real USC and proud SEC member, will still be here when Los Angeles again returns to Mexico.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#14 Nov 10, 2011
DrewC wrote:
The condom mascot media darlings don't like it when another school shares the same acronym. The real USC, led by Steve Spurrier, is a college founded in 1801, when Los Angeles was still part of Mexico. The real USC and proud SEC member, will still be here when Los Angeles again returns to Mexico.
If you REALLY want to go thru all your South Carolina was first bullshyt, I suggest you send a personal message to CPEM (respected topix poster) and he will set you straight on the real facts here! And despite who was first, the USC/South Carolina version lost in court and loses in ALL categories as to who the REAL USC is. Nice try though Swamper...
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#15 Nov 10, 2011
I don't care about court cases. USC = South Carolina. I don't even acknowledge that Los Angeles has a team because of the cheating. The real USC will be playing in a bowl game this year.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#16 Nov 11, 2011
DrewC wrote:
I don't care about court cases. USC = South Carolina. I don't even acknowledge that Los Angeles has a team because of the cheating. The real USC will be playing in a bowl game this year.
Hahahahahahahaha... You are funny DrewC, you are funny. I admire you following the flash in the pan Carolina team... but to compare the two...hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha...

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 11, 2011
Power House??? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#18 Nov 11, 2011
See if your team can get it's house in order before deriding South Carolina. They're currently ranked higher than the trojans despite your NFL quarterback. And losing to Stanford? Come on. I hope the mighty cardinals win out just so LSU can show you Pac 12 guys how to shut down an offense. Over 100 points between the redbirds and the condoms? Really?

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19 Nov 12, 2011
USC 8-2
Matt Barkley - 2nd Best QB pick for the NFL
Trojans - Most active players in the NFL
USC = University of Southern california

Im done with stupid, flash in the pan comparisons

CT - OUT (WITH THE LADIES TONIGHT)
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#20 Nov 13, 2011
CT - nobody cares about Southern California any more. So you have a great quarterback playing for a mediocre team under probation in a terrible conference. You guys lost to Arizona State and Stanford.

Man, USC looked good against Florida Saturday!
gamecock forever

West Chester, PA

#21 May 20, 2012
well ct you know with all the problems that your usc has about breaking the rules of football you never seen our hismen trophy winner give back his trophy for breaking the rules

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alshon Jeffery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bears overcome slow start to beat Buccaneers Nov '14 Matt 2
Rodgers throws for 4 TDs, Packers beat Bears 38-17 Oct '14 Sekiv 26
Images: Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers Oct '14 CuntlerVision 23
Lovie Smith and the Draft (Apr '14) Apr '14 Pads and use 2
Are Chicago Bears Fans Just In Their Questionin... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Cutler confusion clouds Bears' outlook (Nov '13) Nov '13 Shower Room Antics 2
Bears' Marc Trestman: There are no issues with ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Rock Says 4
More from around the web