Recap: San Francisco vs. Oakland

Recap: San Francisco vs. Oakland

There are 5 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Aug 20, 2011, titled Recap: San Francisco vs. Oakland. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

Alex Smith threw for 126 yards on 8-of-13 passing with an interception and Kendall Hunter rushed nine times for 105 yards and a touchdown, leading the San Francisco 49ers past the Oakland Raiders, 17-3. Former New York Jet receiver Braylon Edwards caught two passes for 46 yards and standout tight end Vernon Davis grabbed two balls for 19 yards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Aug 21, 2011
We missed a goalling opportunity with our first team in; just like we did twice when we faced them in regular season last year. Not very many penalties on us. We did allow a couple of sacks and tackles for losses which really concerns me about the OL.

“RAIDERS 2016--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#2 Aug 22, 2011
Boy oh boy.
I was always taught: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
So......here goes..........
Michael Bush. The end.

Michigan

#3 Aug 22, 2011
OK, I got that out of the way. Now on to some real bitching. I waited a few days to calm down before I post.

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WITNESS SATURDAY?!?!?!?!?
We have a [email protected] mess!!! I stated in another thread that RT is my only concern. I made a big mistake. Our starters looked terrible against a 49'ers team that only won 4 (or was it 5) games last year. What are we going to do when we face real teams like the Patriots, Packers and Jets?!!!

Now.....I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games. I've seen he Raiders go 4-0 in preseason and then only win 4 or 5 games in regular season. I don't care that we lost the game. I don't care that we lost to the 49'ers. Preseason is a game for the vets to get a little practice and to evaluate players.

Satele is the only one that looked good on the O-line.

Even my boy Veldheer looked bad at times. LT is not his natural position but he needs more work in pass protection.

Loper looked bad....plain and simple.
Carlisle, I've previously said had a good season last year and I was fine with him at LG---not anymore. The entire right side was bad. Real bad. Carlisle and Barnes were both somewhere between bad and terrible.

B. Campbell and Barksdale came in later and they looked just (or almost) as bad against the 49'ers 2nd string.

Wis, Jr. played 2nd string and didn't look very good either.

Based on what I saw Saturday night, we got problems.....big problems. The starters for the 49'er are the equivalent to the Patriots 2nd (or 3rd) string players....and we made them looks like a Super Bowl team.

Michigan

#4 Aug 22, 2011
Hue is starting to sound more and more like Cable with his 'It's my responsibility' speeches.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 Aug 23, 2011
Zild0405 wrote:
OK, I got that out of the way. Now on to some real bitching. I waited a few days to calm down before I post.
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WITNESS SATURDAY?!?!?!?!?
We have a [email protected] mess!!! I stated in another thread that RT is my only concern. I made a big mistake. Our starters looked terrible against a 49'ers team that only won 4 (or was it 5) games last year. What are we going to do when we face real teams like the Patriots, Packers and Jets?!!!
Now.....I don't put a lot of stock in preseason games. I've seen he Raiders go 4-0 in preseason and then only win 4 or 5 games in regular season. I don't care that we lost the game. I don't care that we lost to the 49'ers. Preseason is a game for the vets to get a little practice and to evaluate players.
Satele is the only one that looked good on the O-line.
Even my boy Veldheer looked bad at times. LT is not his natural position but he needs more work in pass protection.
Loper looked bad....plain and simple.
Carlisle, I've previously said had a good season last year and I was fine with him at LG---not anymore. The entire right side was bad. Real bad. Carlisle and Barnes were both somewhere between bad and terrible.
B. Campbell and Barksdale came in later and they looked just (or almost) as bad against the 49'ers 2nd string.
Wis, Jr. played 2nd string and didn't look very good either.
Based on what I saw Saturday night, we got problems.....big problems. The starters for the 49'er are the equivalent to the Patriots 2nd (or 3rd) string players....and we made them looks like a Super Bowl team.
YOU SAW what is saw Z-RAIDER. i said i would shut up and quit bragging about our coach and RAIDERS if they did not look good vs the niners! well, i did! but not for too long! i know it's preseason and we have lost 3out of four games in the past and looked good through out the regular season. i talked about how good the starters looked in the first game vs arizona. but this game? now, we got the saints comming to oakland sunday. and the saints whooped our buts last year in preseason, big time! i know that was last year and last years are by-gone but the saints are still in good condition. we just have to get up to parr. RAIDERS didn't inpress me but we did have oportunity's and we couldn't take advantage of them. one thing i did mention that worried me was j campbell andd his injury thing. although? it looked to me like he took the blow to the head intentionally. and as far as m bush? he's never impressed me but he has had his good games. now i want to see TAIWAN JONES and d-mac? emmhm =) yes sirree! i still think bush and d-mac make a good tandum and bush went at it alone besides cartwright and whats his name but I WANT TO SEE TAIWAN JONES!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How does the Alex Smith trade look now? Jul '17 Yep phart 12
News Chiefs move up, take QB Patrick Mahomes 10th ov... May '17 He pharted 6
News Starting with Bears, surprises galore on Day 1 ... Apr '17 Galore pharts 2
News Twitter Tuesday: Chiefs anger, paranoia, depres... (Jan '14) Feb '17 Another Phart 4
News Chiefs Lose to the Bucs: The Good, The Bad, and... (Nov '16) Nov '16 The Deflator 1
News Where will Colin Kaepernick land in 2016? (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News How the Chiefs can upset Tom Brady and the Patr... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web