San Francisco 49ers Loss Rekindles Tr...

San Francisco 49ers Loss Rekindles Troy Smith vs. Alex Smith QB Controversy

There are 1 comment on the BleacherReport story from Nov 22, 2010, titled San Francisco 49ers Loss Rekindles Troy Smith vs. Alex Smith QB Controversy. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Troy Smith, amazing in his first two starts, laid an egg with the 49ers offense against a mediocre Buccaneers defense Sunday Ezra Shaw/Getty Images The San Francisco 49ers were shutout 21-0 at home by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday, potentially reigniting controversy at the quarterback position for the Red and Gold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Space Cowboy

San Antonio, TX

#1 Nov 23, 2010
The Niners should realize that their future should not be put into the hands of a quarterback named Smith, Alex or Troy. I stated at the start of the season that Alex Smith could not handle the action. The season is a wash so it doesn't really matter which one starts. They should draft a real quarterback in the upcoming draft. Andy Dalton from TCU, Kellen Moore from Boise State or Colin Kapernick from Nevada would likely fill the bill. Any one of those three can run, pass, and read defenses better than anyone the niners currently have, but there probably are a multitude of high school quarterbacks that can out perform the current clowns that play the position for the niners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breakfast: The Quarterback Domino Effect Feb 18 SFB phart 2
News News Quarterbacks will dominate the 2018 NFL of... Feb '18 Raider Fartluv 2
News Vikings Off Season Plan Post Senior Bowl Jan '18 Farted Viking 2
News Alex Smith blasts 49ers culture during his firs... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Raiders Pharts 2
News How does the Alex Smith trade look now? (Jul '17) Jul '17 Yep phart 12
News Chiefs move up, take QB Patrick Mahomes 10th ov... (Apr '17) May '17 He pharted 6
News Starting with Bears, surprises galore on Day 1 ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Galore pharts 2