49ers Bound and Determined to Be Laughingstock Of the NFL | Bleacher Report

Apr 2, 2009 Full story: bleacherreport.com 7

Let me preface this article by saying that I am not one of those that has the opinion that Matt Stafford is the second coming of Joe Montana, or John Elway. I was never very impressed by his career at Georgia.

Yes, he put up good numbers, but he didn't strike me as a quarterback that could put a team on his back and carry them to victory. I don't see him as being the quintessential first round pick that so many have, since his combine workouts. Based on what I've seen of his play, he might be a decent backup somewhere, and four or five years down the road, might turn into a Trent Dilfer style. The type that doesn't help the team much, but doesn't hurt the team much either.

Read more
Ned

Great Falls, MT

#1 Apr 2, 2009
49er ownership is running the team into the ground, paving the way for a move to L.A.

Los Angeles 49ers 2010.......

“God I'm Good”

Since: Jun 07

Lincoln

#3 Apr 2, 2009
certainly seems like they are doing something strange here
Biker

Eureka, CA

#4 Apr 2, 2009
The 49er's have been nothing under the present owners. They may improve with the coach but they will not be a 1st rate contender until they sell to a person who is a football person or knows how to spend enough to get football people.
They stay on the cheap side. LA may be what they really want because they are not probably going to get the new stadium they want at tax expense.
Coliseum isn't great but it's useable and cheap.
I'd be willing to bet that after the draft their "grade" will be a C- or D at best.
Ned

Great Falls, MT

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Biker wrote:
The 49er's have been nothing under the present owners. They may improve with the coach but they will not be a 1st rate contender until they sell to a person who is a football person or knows how to spend enough to get football people.
They stay on the cheap side. LA may be what they really want because they are not probably going to get the new stadium they want at tax expense.
Coliseum isn't great but it's useable and cheap.
I'd be willing to bet that after the draft their "grade" will be a C- or D at best.
The Frisco Politcians would rather spend money on condoms and video's showing 4 year old boys how to sodomize each another,, then for a Stadium.

The Niners will never get a Stadium in the Frisco area.

“Discount Deals”

Since: Mar 09

Ridgeland MS

#6 Apr 2, 2009
I think Mike will get them turned around.
Biker

Eureka, CA

#7 Apr 3, 2009
They need a real quarterback above all. What they have, regardless which one ends up no. 1, isn't going to get them very far.
49er Doc

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 2, 2009
Hey knuckleheads da 9er boys are not going to LA unless it's correct spelling is Santa clara.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas City Chiefs: Time to Panic? Vol 2.0 Dec '14 They 7
News Raiders Players Celebrate Early; Almost Cost Te... Nov '14 Frank 2
News Chiefs to rule in AFC West clash Nov '14 Kyle 2
News Pats out to make noise on the road (Sep '14) Sep '14 BeliChickenChoker 9
News NFL: Charles, Chiefs roll over Patriots (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News PALLISTER: Is Tom Brady finished as fantasy foo... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Max Flatulence 8
News Ball security will be key for New England Patri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Max Flatulence 4
More from around the web