Peyton sets TD pass record, Denver cl...

Peyton sets TD pass record, Denver clinches

There are 30 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Dec 23, 2013, titled Peyton sets TD pass record, Denver clinches. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Now that the messy winter storm is past, here comes the next threat: bitter cold temperatures and wind chills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#1 Dec 23, 2013
Cudos to Peyton. Unfortunately included in that total are four TDs that weren't. The most recent being the juggling act of Decker through the end zone yesterday which was seen by all. Still think Peyton will get the record legitimately with four more against Oakland. It's just that the record will be artificially raised by four more than it should, but that's the NFL loving the Mannings. What can you do? Happy for Manning, he gets what he wants which is stats and records and Brady gets what he wants which is beating Manning and another shot at a SB despite having no reason why he should be there given his no support teammates. Maybe one day we will get sports writers with educations who can differentiate between value and raw stats. For the uneducated, Manning has stats, because he has the best offensive support in the league, while Brady has value, because he gets performance out of minimally gifted players that are not really NFL ready. Clearly it should be Manning for offensive player of the year and Brady for MVP. But that's only if the deck isn't stacked, which it almost always is, and in favor of the Mannings. As usual I'm left cleaning up the NFL's mess.
Milstrat

Cypress, CA

#2 Dec 23, 2013
Janitor wrote:
Cudos to Peyton. Unfortunately included in that total are four TDs that weren't. The most recent being the juggling act of Decker through the end zone yesterday which was seen by all. Still think Peyton will get the record legitimately with four more against Oakland. It's just that the record will be artificially raised by four more than it should, but that's the NFL loving the Mannings. What can you do? Happy for Manning, he gets what he wants which is stats and records and Brady gets what he wants which is beating Manning and another shot at a SB despite having no reason why he should be there given his no support teammates. Maybe one day we will get sports writers with educations who can differentiate between value and raw stats. For the uneducated, Manning has stats, because he has the best offensive support in the league, while Brady has value, because he gets performance out of minimally gifted players that are not really NFL ready. Clearly it should be Manning for offensive player of the year and Brady for MVP. But that's only if the deck isn't stacked, which it almost always is, and in favor of the Mannings. As usual I'm left cleaning up the NFL's mess.
If Peyton Manning would like to go down in history as Really Special he should tell the sports writers that it is O.K. to vote him the offense player of the year award, but that the MVP should go to the player that truly exhibits value by winning when it seemed winning was not possible for that players team. Top two candidates this year would be Brady and Jamal Charles. Can you imagine the history books identifying that Peyton actually turned down an MVP and suggested it go to his greatest competitor, Brady. He would forever be revered as a football great. And a lot greater than just another player who accepted an award he didn't deserve. It would raise his integrity level and multiply those who already lose him to include those in the New England area that support Brady. Best move Peyton could make. Unfortunately Peyton is so me, me that releasing a penny to make a dollar will never happen. Peyton screws up again and it's not even cold and windy this time.
Mistreat

Cypress, CA

#3 Dec 23, 2013
Milstrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If Peyton Manning would like to go down in history as Really Special he should tell the sports writers that it is O.K. to vote him the offense player of the year award, but that the MVP should go to the player that truly exhibits value by winning when it seemed winning was not possible for that players team. Top two candidates this year would be Brady and Jamal Charles. Can you imagine the history books identifying that Peyton actually turned down an MVP and suggested it go to his greatest competitor, Brady. He would forever be revered as a football great. And a lot greater than just another player who accepted an award he didn't deserve. It would raise his integrity level and multiply those who already lose him to include those in the New England area that support Brady. Best move Peyton could make. Unfortunately Peyton is so me, me that releasing a penny to make a dollar will never happen. Peyton screws up again and it's not even cold and windy this time.
Those who already lose him should have read...those who already love him. Sorry.
KC IS A JOKE

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2014
Milstrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Peyton Manning IS the MVP. Jamal Charles is NOTHING and never won anything. Next.......
Ben

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jan 3, 2014
I'm not sure, but I think Peyton has the record or at least tied with Farve on "one and done" playoff games.(Chokes) I look forward to another choke this season. This is a record you won't hear the reporters talking about.
Dont take an Einstein

Cypress, CA

#6 Jan 3, 2014
KC IS A JOKE wrote:
<quoted text> Peyton Manning IS the MVP. Jamal Charles is NOTHING and never won anything. Next.......
KC is no more a joke than any other team that made the postseason. Although Denver and Peyton could be a joke considering the Broncos lost to every team with a winning record they played this season with the exception on one, and Manning was credited with 4 more TDs and 7 more yards than he actually earned. Must be nice to have the NFL in your pocket and get accolade after accolade you haven't really earned on the field of play. Didn't realize the NFL was so scared of losing their viewing public that they had to create make believe heroes for marketing purposes. What is really a shame is that Peyton without the NFLs help would have gone down in history as an exceptional player. Now he will be scrutinized and ridiculed for receiving awards he didn't deserve and more so his lack of integrity for accepting awards and records he didn't earn on the field but was awarded in the smoke filled back room of the NFL and News Media. Like the man said, he could have been a contender, now he is just a wannabe who turned out the clown.
Laughing bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Jan 8, 2014
brady needs defenders like you

talk about a fraud

he's a .500 QB in the playoffs since 2004
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#8 Jan 9, 2014
And still at .500 which is Brady's worst spell, it still is better than Manning who has yet to come up to the .500 mark. So what you are really saying is that Brady at his worst is still better than Manning at his best. Not sure I agree with that, but you are on the right track finally.
Consider
Brady has a tougher mental makeup
Brady has a stronger arm
Brady wins against the league more
Brady beats Manning more
Brady has more postseason victories
Brady has more rings
However
Manning has better receivers
Manning has better protection
Manning played in windless dome
Manning plays at altitude
Seems
Manning should have better stats than he does
Manning should win more
Manning should beat Brady more
Manning should have more postseason victories
Manning should have more rings
But he doesn't because
Manning throws more INTs
Manning throws INTs at the worst possible moment
Manning chokes despite having the best offensive team
Laughing bear Fan

Denver, CO

#9 Jan 9, 2014
And your point?
Being forced to watch the donkeys because of where I live I will say this.
He's easier to watch than Teblow even with his playoff failures
I had to watch that jackass bounce passes and miss open receivers too many Sunday afternoons.
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#10 Jan 12, 2014
Laughing bear Fan wrote:
And your point?
Being forced to watch the donkeys because of where I live I will say this.
He's easier to watch than Teblow even with his playoff failures
I had to watch that jackass bounce passes and miss open receivers too many Sunday afternoons.
I feel your pain. Peyton is excellent, just not as excellent as the league makes him out to be. Did you know...four of his touchdowns this year were not TDs? Bounce passes and juggled balls accepted as receptions gave him 55. Still legitimately holds the record at 51. Then there is the debacle of his yards passing record where the league acknowledged 7 of his yards were a lateral but then decreed the record is still his because they say so. Funny how when Brady hit Gronk for a TD to set a record they disallowed it for the exact same reason. Nice to have a league that watches out for your own personal best interests but not the other guys. When asked about it Peyton just says the league makes the calls and does what they are going do. Peyton is clearly waiting until he retires to grow up, become a man and practice integrity.
Did you know Peyton has said he wants to hold all the QB records before he retires. With the help of the NFL front office he just might, got to love those bounce passes. Too bad he didn't mention anything about winning or teammates but only his own selfish desires for records. Fun to watch for sure, but one screwed up individual by his own comments and behavior.
Dave

Cypress, CA

#11 Jan 12, 2014
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel your pain. Peyton is excellent, just not as excellent as the league makes him out to be. Did you know...four of his touchdowns this year were not TDs? Bounce passes and juggled balls accepted as receptions gave him 55. Still legitimately holds the record at 51. Then there is the debacle of his yards passing record where the league acknowledged 7 of his yards were a lateral but then decreed the record is still his because they say so. Funny how when Brady hit Gronk for a TD to set a record they disallowed it for the exact same reason. Nice to have a league that watches out for your own personal best interests but not the other guys. When asked about it Peyton just says the league makes the calls and does what they are going do. Peyton is clearly waiting until he retires to grow up, become a man and practice integrity.
Did you know Peyton has said he wants to hold all the QB records before he retires. With the help of the NFL front office he just might, got to love those bounce passes. Too bad he didn't mention anything about winning or teammates but only his own selfish desires for records. Fun to watch for sure, but one screwed up individual by his own comments and behavior.
Ever wonder why he jokes around all the time? People who do that don't live in the real world.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2014
If Peyton Manning wins a second SB, in Denver.....does anyone think, he will retire?
Laughing bear Fan

Denver, CO

#13 Jan 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
If Peyton Manning wins a second SB, in Denver.....does anyone think, he will retire?
yep
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#14 Jan 16, 2014
Laughing bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>yep
Nope. It would fly in the face of all he has been saying his entire career, that he wants all the raw number records that Favre currently holds.
Why would anyone give up while having the best offensive line protection-wise and the best stable of receivers in existence. They afford him a chance to put up more big numbers and another SB. If he retired, a top ten QB could win with what Peyton leaves behind and that would drive Peyton nuts knowing someone else is getting accolades that could have been his.
T Law

Cypress, CA

#15 Jan 16, 2014
Laughing bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>yep
Only way Peyton Manning will retire is when his skills can no longer add to his legacy. Once they start to detract from it, then and only then will he call it quits. I did my part now it's someone else turn to close him out.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#16 Jan 16, 2014
T Law wrote:
<quoted text>Only way Peyton Manning will retire is when his skills can no longer add to his legacy. Once they start to detract from it, then and only then will he call it quits. I did my part now it's someone else turn to close him out.
Perhaps he'll go out like Elway did!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 17, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saw an interview, where he said, he did'nt want to play once his body or skills began to diminish.....4 neck surgeries is a big deal...i agree that he may go out exactly like Elway....

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Just like a cheater.After Denver stole two Supre Bowls in 1997 and 1998. They Circumvented the league's salary cap to the tune of 29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and running back Terral Davis. Then three years later hit with the same infraction. This was a lot worse than pointing a camera at a sideline in my opinion.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2014
Grogan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Just like a cheater.After Denver stole two Supre Bowls in 1997 and 1998. They Circumvented the league's salary cap to the tune of 29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and running back Terral Davis. Then three years later hit with the same infraction. This was a lot worse than pointing a camera at a sideline in my opinion.
Well the patriots are known for cheating, so it is what it is.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2014
Grogan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Just like a cheater.After Denver stole two Supre Bowls in 1997 and 1998. They Circumvented the league's salary cap to the tune of 29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and running back Terral Davis. Then three years later hit with the same infraction. This was a lot worse than pointing a camera at a sideline in my opinion.
How is that Brady rule doing for ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Draft: Peter King sees Chiefs trading up Apr '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Kansas City Chiefs: Time to Panic? Vol 2.0 (Dec '14) Dec '14 They 7
News Raiders Players Celebrate Early; Almost Cost Te... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Frank 2
News Chiefs to rule in AFC West clash (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kyle 2
News Pats out to make noise on the road (Sep '14) Sep '14 BeliChickenChoker 9
News NFL: Charles, Chiefs roll over Patriots (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News PALLISTER: Is Tom Brady finished as fantasy foo... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Max Flatulence 8
More from around the web