49ers notebook: McCloughan rules out ...

49ers notebook: McCloughan rules out Vick

There are 32 comments on the Ledger Dispatch story from Jun 9, 2009, titled 49ers notebook: McCloughan rules out Vick. In it, Ledger Dispatch reports that:

Michael Vick will not be wearing a 49ers uniform this season. General manager Scot McCloughan made that clear Monday, telling Sirius NFL Radio that "we're not going to go that route." It was the team's most definitive response to date about the troubled quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Matt

United States

#23 Jun 12, 2009
This man does not deserve to be in the public eye. He should not be rewarded for what he has done. He had many, many chances to stop what he was doing over the years but chose to torture and kill these dogs that stood no chance at all. Other people are respectable and they haven't turned to crime.
Rachael

United States

#24 Jun 12, 2009
Alex wrote:
Thanks, already done
Jade

United States

#25 Jun 12, 2009
Matt wrote:
This man does not deserve to be in the public eye. He should not be rewarded for what he has done. He had many, many chances to stop what he was doing over the years but chose to torture and kill these dogs that stood no chance at all. Other people are respectable and they haven't turned to crime.
well said
49ers Fan

Stamford, CT

#26 Jul 20, 2009
People forget that Michael Vick is human, he's not immune to mistakes. What Michael Vick needs to do is one, forgive himself and ask god for forgiveness for his mistakes (as we all need to do). Secondly he needs to give his heart to god because thats the only one he has to impress, not none of us, were all just critics, we dont have the final say so. And if he's truly sorry and honestly ask GOD to forgive him, not the fans, then GOD will lead Vick down the path that he wants Vick to be lead down.

As for PETA they need to stop at this stuff about dog killer, there just as guilty in GOD'S eyes for judging. God says learn to love and forgive, and that's what's wrong the this world today, no one is loving and forgiving.

I wish Michael Vick the best of luck, and God bless to all.
Bonny

United States

#27 Jul 20, 2009
Rachael wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, already done
Anyone that thinks this was a mistake
http://www.jollybengali.net/theconfluence/wp-...

Email commissioner Goodell at [email protected] or phone him at (212) 450///2000 or (212) 450///2027, and let him know that you do not support the reinstatement of Vick.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#28 Jul 20, 2009
Welcome to Walmart.................. if he practices that he may become employable.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#29 Jul 21, 2009
Chenny wrote:
Welcome to Walmart.......... if he practices that he may become employable.
LMAO--even then though, the consumers would run back out the door if that monster was standing there to "greet" them--- Too funny
Rose

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 Jul 21, 2009
Bonny wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that thinks this was a mistake
http://www.jollybengali.net/theconfluence/wp-...
Email commissioner Goodell at [email protected] or phone him at (212) 450///2000 or (212) 450///2027, and let him know that you do not support the reinstatement of Vick.
The word "mistake" has been way over-used by Vick supporters who know damn well that what he did for SEVEN YEARS was NOT A MISTAKE. A mistake is forgetting an appointment,leaving the keys in your car, forgetting to lock your door, etc., etc., and those are examples of what might be called a MISTAKE. However,torturing,mutilating and brutalizing innocent animals by hanging, drowning,and/or electrocuting them until their death, IS NOT A MISTAKE. It is a sadistic, barbaric, vile, vicious and savage lifestyle that MV chose for his own personal pleasure and entertainment for SEVEN YEARS. I am sick and tired of reading that word in so many posts written by Vick supporters that it is now getting ridiculous,old, stupid, and quite senseless. This word is their one and only defense as it is obvious they are trying to cover up for the heinous crimes their idol committed.
Rose

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31 Jul 21, 2009
49ers Fan wrote:
People forget that Michael Vick is human, he's not immune to mistakes. What Michael Vick needs to do is one, forgive himself and ask god for forgiveness for his mistakes (as we all need to do). Secondly he needs to give his heart to god because thats the only one he has to impress, not none of us, were all just critics, we dont have the final say so. And if he's truly sorry and honestly ask GOD to forgive him, not the fans, then GOD will lead Vick down the path that he wants Vick to be lead down.
As for PETA they need to stop at this stuff about dog killer, there just as guilty in GOD'S eyes for judging. God says learn to love and forgive, and that's what's wrong the this world today, no one is loving and forgiving.
I wish Michael Vick the best of luck, and God bless to all.
And you forget what this supposedly "human being" did to helpless and innocent animals, such as hanging,drowning and/or electrocuting them to death. This "human being" as you call him is not normal by any sense of the word and no one in their right mind could viciously, savagely,and violently subject animals to the torture he inflicted on them for his OWN PERSONAL PLEASURE AND ENTERTAINMENT. Furthermore, if you are talking about God, perhaps you are unaware that these are God's creatures also and he did not place them on this earth to be tortured to death.
We are talking about a vicious beast who enjoyed the lifestyle of mutilating and brutalizing helpless animals and enjoying the screaming pains of those animals while they were dying.
This vicious and violent beast does not deserve to live in our society.
Delores

United States

#32 Jul 21, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
And you forget what this supposedly "human being" did to helpless and innocent animals, such as hanging,drowning and/or electrocuting them to death. This "human being" as you call him is not normal by any sense of the word and no one in their right mind could viciously, savagely,and violently subject animals to the torture he inflicted on them for his OWN PERSONAL PLEASURE AND ENTERTAINMENT. Furthermore, if you are talking about God, perhaps you are unaware that these are God's creatures also and he did not place them on this earth to be tortured to death.
We are talking about a vicious beast who enjoyed the lifestyle of mutilating and brutalizing helpless animals and enjoying the screaming pains of those animals while they were dying.
This vicious and violent beast does not deserve to live in our society.
Rose, something funny
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Vick%20%20...
Rose

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#33 Jul 21, 2009
Delores wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, something funny
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Vick%20%20...
I'd love to see this in person and I would pay any price as this would be my ultimate pleasure and satisfaction.
Jean

Atlanta, GA

#34 Jul 21, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to see this in person and I would pay any price as this would be my ultimate pleasure and satisfaction.
I know!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-nfl-for-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alex Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where will Colin Kaepernick land in 2016? Feb '16 Fart news 2
News How the Chiefs can upset Tom Brady and the Patr... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Chiefs fans turn NRG Stadium into Arrowhead south (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 6
News Chiefs beat Raiders 23-17 to enter playoffs on ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Chiefs defeat Chargers (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News NFL Draft: Peter King sees Chiefs trading up (Apr '15) Apr '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Kansas City Chiefs: Time to Panic? Vol 2.0 (Dec '14) Dec '14 They 7
More from around the web