Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings s...

Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings should trade for Albert Haynesw...

There are 110 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 12, 2010, titled Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings should trade for Albert Haynesw.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Listen: Pioneer Press sports columnist Bob Sansevere and deputy sports editor V. John Pluym debate why the Vikings should deal Albert Haynesworth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
O-3E in 101st Airborne

United States

#103 May 18, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to agree to disagree on this one. I miss those rivalry days as well. Those games were the ones to watch, similar to what the Packer games are nowadays. At any rate, McMahon was a WINNER, forget stats, he had that intangible...
As for Cutler- his arm strength is awesome, but he is erratic with his accuracy. His team spirit is questionable- the Gatorade cooler on the sidelines seems more interested in the game than he does. I don't know if you know the full story of why he left Denver- but it speaks volumes of the guys character. I have never seen a bigger chorus of boos than when the Bears visited Denver- and that was preseason.
I used to be a D-1 strength and conditioning coach, so I really love watching great athletes compete. I remember coming across a game on TV once and thinking "who's this kid? He can sure play." It was a Vandy vs. Somebody game and it was a rainy Saturday with nothing else going on. I had just transferred from the national guard to active duty, so I was no longer coaching at the time. Cutler had great poise and confidence, not unlike a young Brad Johnson. I made a mental note to hope we drafted him, but of course Klink saw more value in Jump Pass. Since then I spent most of 2008 and the first 5 weeks of 2009 in Iraq and am now in Afghanistan since January, so I concede that I have missed out on some of the in-the-weeds details that make being an NFL fan so much fun. I guess just going off of early impressions, which admittedly are a little dated, I became an early fan of the kid. McMahon never impressed me and quite honestly his cockiness and attitude in his early days aggravated the ___ out of me. He was like an AJ Pierzynski, only worse, lol. One of those guys that just gets under your skin. I'm sure that had something to do with his success, but I still prefer a roster without his type of character.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#104 May 18, 2010
Grow Up EX wrote:
My team is and has been the BUCS yes i know they suc but you know what that is my team and I willbe at the games every weekend.... But i can tell you one thing there tuff guy at least these vikings fans have some smarts about them.... You Pucker fans and Bear fans are fricken CLUELESS!!!!! Please PUCKER fan say something the BUCS even beet you last year!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Just remember your team was so bad, they exiled you out of our division. Please tell us who the 3 smart viking fans are, I'll be the judge.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#105 May 18, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'm betting now you are a youngster. McMahon made a big splash in his Bears debut- one I havent forgotten.
I knew Jim McMahon. Jay Cutler, you are no Jim McMahon. ROFL!!!
Yes that game in Minnesota when Jimbo came off THE BENCH and threw 4 TD passes. What a game. Sort of looked like Cutler last year 36-30 over the Vikings
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#106 May 18, 2010
O-3E in 101st Airborne wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be a D-1 strength and conditioning coach, so I really love watching great athletes compete. I remember coming across a game on TV once and thinking "who's this kid? He can sure play." It was a Vandy vs. Somebody game and it was a rainy Saturday with nothing else going on. I had just transferred from the national guard to active duty, so I was no longer coaching at the time. Cutler had great poise and confidence, not unlike a young Brad Johnson. I made a mental note to hope we drafted him, but of course Klink saw more value in Jump Pass. Since then I spent most of 2008 and the first 5 weeks of 2009 in Iraq and am now in Afghanistan since January, so I concede that I have missed out on some of the in-the-weeds details that make being an NFL fan so much fun. I guess just going off of early impressions, which admittedly are a little dated, I became an early fan of the kid. McMahon never impressed me and quite honestly his cockiness and attitude in his early days aggravated the ___ out of me. He was like an AJ Pierzynski, only worse, lol. One of those guys that just gets under your skin. I'm sure that had something to do with his success, but I still prefer a roster without his type of character.
Nice post. Thank you for serving. My son got back last year from Ramadhi. He said that was a [email protected] hole. Stay safe. I hear that Afghanistan is worse.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#107 May 18, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to agree to disagree on this one. I miss those rivalry days as well. Those games were the ones to watch, similar to what the Packer games are nowadays. At any rate, McMahon was a WINNER, forget stats, he had that intangible...
As for Cutler- his arm strength is awesome, but he is erratic with his accuracy. His team spirit is questionable- the Gatorade cooler on the sidelines seems more interested in the game than he does. I don't know if you know the full story of why he left Denver- but it speaks volumes of the guys character. I have never seen a bigger chorus of boos than when the Bears visited Denver- and that was preseason.
It seems like everyone in Denver has left Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler. And yes Jay did get a warm(LOL) reception in Denver for that game.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#108 May 19, 2010
O-3E in 101st Airborne wrote:
<quoted text>
That Bears team reminds me a bit of the Detroit Pistons back in the day, the team you loved to hate! They backed up their swagger with an absolutely stifling defense, and of course, having one of the greatest RB's ever to play the game didn't hurt. I found McMahons antics sort of amusing honestly- he even got under Ditka's skin, LOL.

Cutler is still young, and time will tell if he can get his act together and become a contender at the NFL level. Based on what I have seen so far- he is a bust.

Stay safe.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#109 May 19, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that game in Minnesota when Jimbo came off THE BENCH and threw 4 TD passes. What a game. Sort of looked like Cutler last year 36-30 over the Vikings
I'll never forget that [email protected] game! McMahon exuded confidence and made quite a first impression.

Cutler the insipid did manage to beat up on a Viking's secondary that sukked last year.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#110 May 19, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
That Bears team reminds me a bit of the Detroit Pistons back in the day, the team you loved to hate! They backed up their swagger with an absolutely stifling defense, and of course, having one of the greatest RB's ever to play the game didn't hurt. I found McMahons antics sort of amusing honestly- he even got under Ditka's skin, LOL.
Cutler is still young, and time will tell if he can get his act together and become a contender at the NFL level. Based on what I have seen so far- he is a bust.
Stay safe.
Rumor has it that Jay and Martz have been in Halas Hall shortly after Martz signed, Jay was at the last home Blackhawk game
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#111 May 19, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll never forget that [email protected] game! McMahon exuded confidence and made quite a first impression.
Cutler the insipid did manage to beat up on a Viking's secondary that sukked last year.
Yes. Ditka did not want to play him that game, but nothing was working and McMahon kept bugging the crap outta Ditka. I think Ditka put him in so he would get him out of his ears!!!
Mark

United States

#112 May 21, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>So did Aaron....Whiner.
Who's errin'? Cheese-for-brains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albert Haynesworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goin' camping | High school football: At Northl... (Aug '10) Sep '12 morningwood 15
News Haynesworth released by Buccaneers (Feb '12) Aug '12 musky 8
News Rumor Control: Albert Haynesworth Will Not Be A... (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Michael Vick Tops List of Most Disliked NFL Pla... (Nov '11) Nov '11 CON-vick-T 58
News Jets not interested in DT Albert Haynesworth af... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Teddy Brewski 17
News Patriots vs. Dolphins: Chad Henne Ready to Take... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Loftyfarts 10
News Haynesworth, Bush, Kolb headed to new teams (Jul '11) Aug '11 Coach Bill Beliph... 4
More from around the web