Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings s...

Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings should trade for Albert Haynesw...

There are 110 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 12, 2010, titled Sansevere's Huddle: Why the Vikings should trade for Albert Haynesw.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Listen: Pioneer Press sports columnist Bob Sansevere and deputy sports editor V. John Pluym debate why the Vikings should deal Albert Haynesworth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 12, 2010
The Redskins were said to be demanding a second round pick for Albert Haynesworthless.

For that price, I'd rather see the Vikes just draft a rookie 2nd rounder next year who can play for another 10 years, and hopefully not cause as many problems or miss as many games as that headcase in Washington.

If the Vikes can get him for no more than a 4th rounder, I'd be OK with it.

October 1, 2006:

Center Andre Gurode fell to the ground, and his helmet was removed by Haynesworth. Haynesworth tried to stomp on Gurode's head, but missed. A second stomp opened a severe wound on Gurode's forehead, narrowly missing his right eye. The referee assessed Haynesworth with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, to which Haynesworth protested by taking off his helmet and throwing it into the turf; Haynesworth was then assessed an additional 15-yard penalty and ejected.

Gurode later received 30 stitches just above and below his right eye. Haynesworth was suspended for five games without pay by the NFL. The suspension is the longest in modern NFL history for an on-the-field incident.

ESPN′s Mark Schlereth, a 12-year NFL veteran, felt that Haynesworth should have been suspended for the rest of the season. ESPN′s Merril Hoge harshly criticized the officials for not ejecting Haynesworth immediately after the stomp.

Lito

Victorville, CA

#3 May 12, 2010
Whether the Williams Wall duo are suspended or not, Pat is getting up in years. Therefore, getting Haynesworth of Redskins or Henderson of the Jags would be a wise move. Even if the Williams are suspended simultaneously or separately, adding Haynesworth or Henderson in the rotation would be a great idea. The Griffen, Haynesworth or Henderson, Kennedy, and Allen front four would still be a very good defensive line. Then address the Vikings' center and right offensive guard positions. Go Vikings!
muskratbob

Parkersburg, WV

#4 May 12, 2010
Albert hanesworth would be a great help for the vikings, we don't know what going to happen to the williams case. Even with the williams there you got a heck of a line. Albert loves the FOUR THREE DEFENCE. He's worth a no 2 next year draft. go vikings.
CT Viking Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 12, 2010
We can do better than Haynesworth.

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#6 May 12, 2010
Redskins have said over and over that they are not going to let AH go. They just gave him $21M!!! in one check!!! They would be stupid to let him go for a second. But thats all he's worth. So he will stay in Washington. The Wilfs are going to sell the Vikings next year and won't be putting out any high pay in the mean time. So no reimbursement to Wash means no AH. He's too unstable anyway. Doesn't fit the Vikings 'accountability' requirements. Too many ????? here.
GOdieKAHN

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 12, 2010
GET HIM! a 2nd round pick is well worth it.
jeb

United States

#8 May 12, 2010
third round pick is worth fat albert, especially since his enormous contract is far more palatable at this point. we would have to pay him 3.5 million this year? sounds like a no brainer to me. ive said it many times before, regardless of whether he is going 100% or 60% albert is still one of the best DTs in the league and i would have to think playing next to the best DE and the other best DT in the league would have to keep him relatively motivated. seriously...Allen, fat albert, and K. williams with my grandma at LE is still one of the best DLs in the league and regardless of how big of a schmuck he is Ray-Ray is a solid DE. i would be crapping my pants as a QB having to face that line.
think about it

Hugo, MN

#9 May 12, 2010
He will fit in just fine here. Fire up the Viking cruise line!!!
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#10 May 12, 2010
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if we would of had Hayneworth last year against the Saints he would have provided the payback to their QB after all the cheapshots Favre took. I say get him and turn him lose.
bert took no cheapshots in nfc title game. All clean. Just like Aaron Rodgers last year, all clean. Except for the ones called. queens need to stop whining,it's called FOOTBALL, not pansyball.
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#11 May 12, 2010
After reviewing the video of the famous stomping incident, I'm taking back my earlier post. I don't want this thug in MN for anything. I don't care if he was a free agent and signed for the league minimum. He's a P.O.S. who would just be getting out of prison today if he did this outside of a football game, where it's apparently no big deal.

Fast forward to 1:35, then watch as Haynesworthless first reaches down to remove the player's helmet, then tries to stomp on his head before missing and getting him on the SECOND try. As if all that weren't enough, he then argues the penalty call from the ref, and throws his helmet, drawing a SECOND 15-yard penalty (way to help your team, loser). Last but not least, he even argues with his own head coach, who's trying in vain to get him off the field.

Seriously, the guy's a headcase, and you people who want him in MN will all be calling Wilf and Childress stupid for goin after him when he has another meltdown that costs them a game. Imagine it happening in the NFC Championship game -- 30 penalty yards later, the other team scores the go-ahead TD, and the Vikes are home for the holidays. Not worth it. If they're not happy with the backups right now, I'd rather they go get Henderson.

ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#12 May 12, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
After reviewing the video of the famous stomping incident, I'm taking back my earlier post. I don't want this thug in MN for anything. I don't care if he was a free agent and signed for the league minimum. He's a P.O.S. who would just be getting out of prison today if he did this outside of a football game, where it's apparently no big deal.
Fast forward to 1:35, then watch as Haynesworthless first reaches down to remove the player's helmet, then tries to stomp on his head before missing and getting him on the SECOND try. As if all that weren't enough, he then argues the penalty call from the ref, and throws his helmet, drawing a SECOND 15-yard penalty (way to help your team, loser). Last but not least, he even argues with his own head coach, who's trying in vain to get him off the field.
Seriously, the guy's a headcase, and you people who want him in MN will all be calling Wilf and Childress stupid for goin after him when he has another meltdown that costs them a game. Imagine it happening in the NFC Championship game -- 30 penalty yards later, the other team scores the go-ahead TD, and the Vikes are home for the holidays. Not worth it. If they're not happy with the backups right now, I'd rather they go get Henderson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CwxMRPTsYeoXX
I think he would fit right in with the other queen headcases,bert,jerad,phat and kevn. I say go for it.
eric

Mankato, MN

#13 May 12, 2010
you know what is nice about ellsworth, wi? Nothing.
zzzzz

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 12, 2010
eric wrote:
cheesecurds and beer
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#15 May 12, 2010
eric wrote:
I know --

It's not in Minnesota...
Mark

United States

#16 May 12, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>bert took no cheapshots in nfc title game. All clean. Just like Aaron Rodgers last year, all clean. Except for the ones called. queens need to stop whining,it's called FOOTBALL, not pansyball.
Dude, get your facts straight. Favre took shots AFTER the whistle, well after. The effing refs were asleep; like mutton-headed cheeseheads.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#17 May 12, 2010
eric wrote:
The cheese curds arn't bad. You should try them. Maybe it would help you grow a set. Or at least 1.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#18 May 12, 2010
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, get your facts straight. Favre took shots AFTER the whistle, well after. The effing refs were asleep; like mutton-headed cheeseheads.
So did Aaron....Whiner.
ex favre fan

Pine Island, MN

#19 May 12, 2010
zzzzz wrote:
<quoted text>
cheesecurds and beer
You must have been here. Who does'nt like cheescurds and beer? queen fans love cheesecurds and beer, but won't admit it. Just like they won't admit that the Saints pounded bert. Dream on queenies dream on.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 12, 2010
Haynesworth is a bad person, the vikes should sign him so he will never have a chance to win the super bowl
Jonboy

Elk River, MN

#22 May 12, 2010
Hanesworth for Edwards. Get er done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albert Haynesworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Goin' camping | High school football: At Northl... (Aug '10) Sep '12 morningwood 15
News Haynesworth released by Buccaneers (Feb '12) Aug '12 musky 8
News Rumor Control: Albert Haynesworth Will Not Be A... (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Michael Vick Tops List of Most Disliked NFL Pla... (Nov '11) Nov '11 CON-vick-T 58
News Jets not interested in DT Albert Haynesworth af... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Teddy Brewski 17
News Patriots vs. Dolphins: Chad Henne Ready to Take... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Loftyfarts 10
News Haynesworth, Bush, Kolb headed to new teams (Jul '11) Aug '11 Coach Bill Beliph... 4
More from around the web