From cover boy to well covered: Jets ...

From cover boy to well covered: Jets QB Mark Sanchez struggles ...

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 21, 2009, titled From cover boy to well covered: Jets QB Mark Sanchez struggles .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The New York Jets ' cover boy was well covered by his new defensive teammates. Mark Sanchez, razzed for his steamy photo shoot for GQ magazine that hit newsstands earlier this week, struggled mightily Thursday in his third practice with the veterans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Paulie Walnuts

Naples, FL

#1 May 22, 2009
Bust
BOOBY JONES

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 May 22, 2009
I was thinking the same thing, just like Leinart and Palmer before him.

The jets were hoping for a Matt Ryan but will end up with a Ryan Leaf.
whatever

Bellmawr, NJ

#4 May 22, 2009
Dood has a hot girlfriend, but I bet this guy turns out to be gay.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#5 May 22, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHT BUUUURP BEER FART BUUUUURP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHT! Jets suck and so does Sanchez, aaaaaaaaaaaght...
GO PHINS!!!
Sean

Bristow, VA

#6 May 22, 2009
jet fan HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO LOL to funny HA HA HA Burp. I see you have not responded today, must be coming up with one of your pathetic excuses for why your boy, your savior GQ Sanchez went 1 for 9 and a pick 6.
the PHINALEE

Menifee, CA

#7 May 23, 2009
I love busting the jets fans chops any time I get the chance,including my two cousins who are devoted jet lovers as well,but Ive watched M.Sanchez for a couple of years at USC,and in HS before that,this kid can play the position very well,he won't come out of the gate running but in a year or two he's going to be 1 0f 10 top QB's in the league.
Man,that was hard to write becuase i HATE the jets.
GO PHINS.
finfan

Cape Coral, FL

#8 May 23, 2009
burp. fart. sip. stupid jet fan. sucka cocka homo.
stu

Boca Raton, FL

#9 May 24, 2009
With all the recent QB busts u think this guy would just shut up, learn the system, manage to throw more TDs that INts this year, and then pose for pics in the offseason before his sophmore effort, self-worship is a powerful drug lol
sordid

Boca Raton, FL

#10 May 24, 2009
stu wrote:
With all the recent QB busts u think this guy would just shut up, learn the system, manage to throw more TDs that INts this year, and then pose for pics in the offseason before his sophmore effort, self-worship is a powerful drug lol
yeag

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#11 May 27, 2009
stu wrote:
You're 21 years old, fresh out of college, and some magazine tells you they want to take pictures of you on the beach while pawing at some hot model. You gonna say no? We should all be so fortunate.
The Iron Sheik

Naples, FL

#12 May 28, 2009
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 21 years old, fresh out of college, and some magazine tells you they want to take pictures of you on the beach while pawing at some hot model. You gonna say no? We should all be so fortunate.
Its not a matter of him saying no-its that he is already being given "superstar" treatment by the media and these things add pressure and get to your head. He accomplished very little in college and was a somewhat high pick in a very weak draft. Tom Brady was didnt do GQ till he had some rings to show. And at least Leinert won in college when he got the attention.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#13 May 28, 2009
The Iron Sheik wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a matter of him saying no-its that he is already being given "superstar" treatment by the media and these things add pressure and get to your head. He accomplished very little in college and was a somewhat high pick in a very weak draft. Tom Brady was didnt do GQ till he had some rings to show. And at least Leinert won in college when he got the attention.
Then blame it on the media, not the kid. He's just living the dream out right now. I totally understand where you are coming from, though. I'm a USC fan and a Sanchez fan, so I hope he succeeds.

As far as your comparison to Brady goes, it doesn't quite work. Brady was selected in the 6th round, Sanchez in the 1st round. Brady went to a smaller market team, Sanchez is going to the biggest of the biggest market teams. Brady went to a team with an established veteran/star at QB (Bledsoe), Sanchez is going to a team that just shed itself of a distraction at that position and has been lacking any sense of consistency/quality at that position for several seasons. Brady went in 7th on the depth chart, Sanchez is #2 with a chance at #1. So of course the spotlight is on him, and of course the media is going ga-ga. That's New York. Would you expect anything less? Not saying it's right, but these are all things that Sanchez can't control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alan Faneca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AFC East Premature Predictions (Apr '10) May '10 Bullfarts 5
News Three Steelers Named to All-Decade Team (Feb '10) Feb '10 RON 1
News Mangold's father didn't envision stardom for so... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Ad-Rock 12
News Rookies boost Jets to stunning playoff win over... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Keiser zozai 2
News Jets G Alan Faneca will miss preseason opener v... (Aug '09) Aug '09 jak7605 1
News New York Jets Offseason 2009: Review (Jul '09) Jul '09 Home SuperBowl 2010 1
News Jets' Cotchery would welcome addition of Burress (May '09) May '09 wow 3
More from around the web