Boller, Stover rise to occasion -

Boller, Stover rise to occasion -

There are 26 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Boller, Stover rise to occasion -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Failing to hold a big lead in the fourth quarter shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bill984

Nottingham, MD

#1 Sep 24, 2007
boller did well but the guy who won it for us was the defensive back that clocked todd heap.
roadglide

Satellite Beach, FL

#2 Sep 24, 2007
damn there getting like the o,s cant hold a lead there not gonna make the po,s like this
Ravens_Flock

Chico, CA

#3 Sep 24, 2007
the sky is falling.

the sky is falling guys.....watch out.

we're going to the playoffs again.

and don't be surprised if it ain't McNair playing by then.....

get used to it. this team wins ugly.

but the point is, they win.
Bill

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2007
Yeah right Ray...the league fears the Ravens offense. Good thing we dont play any strong teams for a few more weeks...maybe they can get this figured out.
Bill

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Ravens Flock--

Yeah, the defense keeps saying 'a win is a win' but that doesnt sound like the same defense that gets upset when they allow the other team to even get on the board, sounds like an average defense talking. Yeah there is plenty of time to get this figured out, but insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. The good thing is that the offense is looking like they might be something. McGahee and the O-line are going to just get better as the season goes on. Its just a matter of getting hot at the right time and that would be nice to start in about another 9-10 weeks or so.
Kurt

Columbia, MD

#6 Sep 24, 2007
The ravens got lucky if that had left Kurt Warner in this games would have been a blow out. In less than 15 minutes Warner put gave them a shot. If it hadn't been for Figurs retirn this one goes into the loss column. Yes it was smart to bring out Boller, he has an arm and is very strong, ivy played well but a lot of the other offensive line guys looked poor.
John in Tempe

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2007
Has anyone at this paper or in the area looked at the video?! Wilson's hit was nowhere near Heap's head. I watched Heap in high school and am an ASU fan. That that was a brutal, but legal hit.
afmca

United States

#8 Sep 24, 2007
Everyone is discussing the defenses collapse- which is a concern, but the real cause of concern centers around three misconceptions of Coach Billick. 1. The field is 100 yards; not 90; 2. The game is 4 quarters; not 2; and 3. Good coaches make adjustments at half time even if they a winning. Part of the issue is in the last 2 games, the offense shuts down in the 2nd half and expects the defense to continue to shut down thei opponents offense. Yesterday 20 points in the first half; 3 in the second (until the last field goal). Good teams with good coaches - keep scoring the WHOLE game.
Adam

Waldorf, MD

#9 Sep 24, 2007
Week 3 and still nothing major to criticize Boller about, and another week of the defense blowing leads. Am I in the twilight zone?
UKM

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 24, 2007
Where the heck was Reed in the 4th qtr? I still think he's not disciplined enough to play his position. Bring back Rod Woodson.
Kevin

New York, NY

#11 Sep 24, 2007
i cant believe someone can look at that hit on heap and say it was "legal". unreal how some people cannot look at football objectively because they are fans of that team. the ravens pass defense is horrible,although nobody can run against us. looks like the offense is coming around pretty good. its funny how we can never seem to get both going at once. i remember our first year when we had a great offense with vinny and micheal jackson and the defense was very average.
chris

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2007
yeah right bill984, the ref that gave the ravens that dumb call won it for you guys. heap's from mesa, arizona and it sucked to see him hit by adrian wilson, but it was still a legal hit where adrian led with the shoulder. that was definitely a hometown call. i guess the nfl was paying you back for that dumb offensive interference call on Heap in the bengals game.

Since: Jul 07

Santa Barbara,Ca

#13 Sep 24, 2007
so....i kinda missed Sumari Rolle...am i bad?..without him we looked a little more lost than usaul...did i just type that??...please,i am going to watch the game again today and will ask for counseling if i still feel this way after that...any help from RAVENS fans would be appreciated.
Brien

Bethpage, NY

#14 Sep 24, 2007
People seem to be implying that we would not have made it to the 30 yard line with out the 15 yard penalty for an illegal hit on Heap. We had plenty of time to make it to the 30 yrd line, we purposely let the clock run down at the end of the game, and Boller was 5 for 5 during the last drive. I believe the odds were excellent that even without the penalty we would have made it to the 30 yrd line. Who knows, maybe a receiver would have broken open on the extra one or two passes and we would have scored a TD.
Raven-4-Life

Sterling, VA

#15 Sep 24, 2007
Anytime you apply hits to the helmet and sustained a concussion it is a helmet to helmet contact. From the angle my son and I saw it Heaps head whipped back pretty hard and we can't afford to have Heap out. I wouldn't be complaining about the refs lord only knows we need all the help we can get.

Hey look at it this way we won in the ugliest fashion. I don't care if McGahee's pants got ripped off his butt as long as we get the "W". You guys should know we are a team that struggle year in and year out so this is no surprise to me. But I am starting to get sick of Billicks antics, telling us one thing and a player saying another. As I stated before McNair is no spring chicken but lord he's doing whatever he can to help us win but please hold on to the ball bro....
Cheap Win

Westminster, MD

#16 Sep 24, 2007
The ref making that call on the Adrian Wilson hit was your best player. Heap should hike up his skirt and play ball.
Unnecessary roughness

Baltimore, MD

#18 Sep 24, 2007
That is the gayest call I've ever seen. And all your stupid B'more reporters don't even question it. Heap wasn't even hit in the head. It was a good clean hard hit. Watch the replays. That game would have gone into overtime if the refs hadn't made such a bad call. I'm sure they were betting on the game. As for the pass interference that wasn't called a few plays earlier against Ivy. Garbage.
GHT

Portland, OR

#19 Sep 24, 2007
Unnecessary roughness wrote:
That is the gayest call I've ever seen. And all your stupid B'more reporters don't even question it. Heap wasn't even hit in the head. It was a good clean hard hit. Watch the replays. That game would have gone into overtime if the refs hadn't made such a bad call. I'm sure they were betting on the game. As for the pass interference that wasn't called a few plays earlier against Ivy. Garbage.
relax, there are more bad calls by refs in NFL football games this year than the NBA when Donaghey was officiating. All teams are getting screwed now and again. The most polished league regarding revenue, ad, commercial, visibilty etc and the weakest link? The officiating. Sad
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Sep 24, 2007
Mat Stover is The Most Valuable Raven of all time, slightly eclipsing the great Ray lewis you cant deny the points, the accuracy, the dependability, the durability. Remember he was a brown.. a real brown.
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#21 Sep 25, 2007
Does this season remind you of the 2000 Ravens?2 and 1 AND 9-1 AFTER 10.GO RAVENS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What are the Bears getting with Adrian Wilson? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Analyzing the New England Patriots' Most Glarin... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 17
News New England Patriots: 5 Surprise Players That C... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Toby 1
News Arizona Cardinals' Blueprint for Winning Free A... (Mar '13) Mar '13 alex casillas 1
News Would Adrian Wilson be a Good Fit For Dallas Co... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Delaware vet 3
News Arizona Cardinals should make big changes on 'B... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Fred Moore 1
Adrian Wilson nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sibyl 1
More from around the web