Three quarters of McNair feels lot le...

Three quarters of McNair feels lot less than whole -

There are 49 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Three quarters of McNair feels lot less than whole -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

At the time, and for a long time afterward, it had seemed as if Brian Billick were laying down a solid case for temporary insanity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sparky

Woodstock, MD

#1 Sep 24, 2007
It dos not look good. Can you imagine what the Pats and Colts could do against our confused offense and "we're ahead, so let's just get to the end" defense?
It's a player(s) and coach issue, meaning Ryan as well as Billick. Maintaining intensity is maintaining an intense attitude. That starts with the coaches.
Thank goodness for Stover, but I have become so tired of not being able to score touchdowns and settling for a field goal. I still think we will have 3 to 4 more losses this year compared to last year. Maybe, we will get a wild card, but I have begun to have doubts about it. I do not second guess Billick for bringing in Boller, McNair is coming off an injury, you want to save him, he isn't a spring chicken, but the defense's losing intensity is a big concern. I think McAllister is very over rated. Let's see how it goes. They are still our team, win or lose.
Dan

Elkton, MD

#2 Sep 24, 2007
In the beginning before the 1st game, my thoughts were J.O. is done , McNair and Ray are a year older (injuries) , the Team will have lots of penalties (jumping off side and cellebrating) and then there's the Billick factor (love the pass). So we shall see . we Are 2-1 . I could be wrong.
Lindsay Sherman

AOL

#3 Sep 24, 2007
Give Kyle the credit he deserves. He did the job yesterday. We can win with KB. Maybe he should be #1.
Harold Hill

Westminster, MD

#4 Sep 24, 2007
So which is it Steele , Brian Billick the headache inducing coach that doesn't pound McGaye , and almost gets players seriously injured by ordering "wrong" passes ,or Brian Billick the skillfull quarterback juggler ,who ,with some key injuries ,and some defensive players who have not yet learned to pace themselves in Ryan's high energy defence , can manage to eke out a victory ?
John

Halethorpe, MD

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Sparky wrote:
It dos not look good. Can you imagine what the Pats and Colts could do against our confused offense and "we're ahead, so let's just get to the end" defense?
It's a player(s) and coach issue, meaning Ryan as well as Billick. Maintaining intensity is maintaining an intense attitude. That starts with the coaches.
Thank goodness for Stover, but I have become so tired of not being able to score touchdowns and settling for a field goal. I still think we will have 3 to 4 more losses this year compared to last year. Maybe, we will get a wild card, but I have begun to have doubts about it. I do not second guess Billick for bringing in Boller, McNair is coming off an injury, you want to save him, he isn't a spring chicken, but the defense's losing intensity is a big concern. I think McAllister is very over rated. Let's see how it goes. They are still our team, win or lose.

McNair isn't Peyton or Brady. He isn't Rothlisberger. He isn't even Matt Hasslebeck. The QB move is controversial but guess what?...thats why they pay Billick the big buck; to make the hard calls and win games. If it doesn't work out I'm sure Bisciotti will fire him so what are you worried about? Another useless, statement of the obvious article by Steele.
EssexBill

Baltimore, MD

#7 Sep 24, 2007
Billick is a moron. The offensive guru is truely offensive. Sadly for Ravens fans the truth is this team when they face a good team is going to get killed. Wait until you hear the innane comments Billick will have for you then. Sorry Ravens fans, as long as Billick is here, the poor Ravens will toil in vain.
Brien

Bethpage, NY

#8 Sep 24, 2007
I believe if McNair had played the whole game we would have lost.
Josh

Monkton, MD

#9 Sep 24, 2007
you got a couple smart people in hear and alot of fools. boller did a nice job comeing in for mcnair. but at the same time he almost cost us the game. one ball should have been picked off and if it wasnt for heap catching that high pass where he got layed out *which if heap would have got hurt everyone then would be pointin the finger at boller* who knows what would have happen. all i know is mcnair looked great yeserday throwing passes too all his players keeping everyone in the mix. driveing the ball down filed everytime and with mcnair in the game it just seems like the running game is better for McGahee. if boller would be the starting qb for the ravens for the rest of the season we would miss out on the playoffs. he could not handle teams like pitt, indy , nd , sd. teams with good d. sure he did good aginst a weak jets d and through 10 short passes yeserday and a lil help with the ref with the high hit on heap.
and what mcnair was doing yeserday was great the way they control the ball with the long drives keep are D off the filed was great..
Bruce

Alexandria, VA

#10 Sep 24, 2007
Man, and I thought MY grammer and spelling were bad.......Anyway,I feel sorry for the Ravens when we play Indy, SD, and NE (Josh said ND and at first I thought he meant Notre Dame since we would probably lose against them right now). If we play this poorly against scrub teams I can only imagine the blowouts that we are about to experience with those high-caliber teams.
Buzz

Rosedale, MD

#11 Sep 24, 2007
EssexBill wrote:
Billick is a moron. The offensive guru is truely offensive. Sadly for Ravens fans the truth is this team when they face a good team is going to get killed. Wait until you hear the innane comments Billick will have for you then. Sorry Ravens fans, as long as Billick is here, the poor Ravens will toil in vain.
Brilliant! A guy from Essex calls Billick a moron and doesn't know how to spell inane! I guess "toiling in vain" included the 13-3 season last year. Quit your whining, Essex.
afmca

Washington, DC

#12 Sep 24, 2007
McNair lost the Bengal game by staying in too late with his injury. McNair's third quarter yesterday was atrocious and you could see he was affected by the injury. If McNair stays in he fumbles a couple more times and throws up a couple lame duck interceptions. Trouble is, even when McNair is healthy, he is a 20 yard and under passer. It takes to long to go down the field and eventually a penalty or a bad play ends the drive. If we could score from outside the red zone once in a while; maybe our red zone offense would be more than Matt Stover. McNair's a care taker - the Ravens never get to the Super Bowl with him at QB.
lewes jim

Lansdale, PA

#13 Sep 24, 2007
McNair fell apart after the first half. It is obvious someting is wrong. Groin injuries do not heal unless you take four or five weeks off and this team cannot afford that. So prepare for what you saw yestereday. As much McNair as we can get and then hope that Boller continues to play well/
Ian M

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2007
I see that theyr're is alot of negativity towards steve mcnair. The guy went 20-27 for 198 and a TD. thats 9.8 yrds per pass, I want you guys to take a look at the league high of yards per pass last year, 9.8 is high. He did a great job yesterday and you guys still hate on him, before mcnair came the ravens were 6-10, when he came they're 13-3, since you guys love boller some much maybe they should start him and ill enjoy watching this team fall down the drain...lol. McNair is the man, u guys got problems. stupid ravens fans
Ian M

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2007
Oh yeah lets not forget that boller almost got picked off 2 times yesterday, oh but you boller fans dont wanna hear that
Matt

United States

#16 Sep 24, 2007
I don't understand how this causes a QB controversey. We had a big lead and McNair had been hurt and why would you ever want to keep him out their in fear of losing him for a long period of time. It was the defense who caused this, they looked terrible and gave up the lead. And Billick needs to stop throwing the ball when we have the lead and are trying to run the clock down, he needs to get his act together. McGahee ran better than he has all preseason and season, why did we try and pass it through the fourth quarter?
Randy

Blue Ridge, VA

#17 Sep 24, 2007
I am not certain we watched the same game. McNair's hand off exchanges with McGahee were awkward and McNair was unable to punch in two touchdowns when we got inside the 10 - hell, the 5 yard line. It looks like we have a coaching problem - it sure as hell isn't a Kyle Boller problem. What are we doing during the week, preparing for week 16 when we hadn't got past week 3? When McNair says he's ready for next week, I get queasy. He said he was ready for this week and he wasn't. We should have walked off the field with 34 points, not 26.

Since: Sep 07

Midlothian, Virginia

#18 Sep 24, 2007
Ian M wrote:
Oh yeah lets not forget that boller almost got picked off 2 times yesterday, oh but you boller fans dont wanna hear that
ALMOST got picked off versus a fumble and TWO drives to almost the goal line that resulted in FGs? Look, I'm not a stark raving Boller fan, but, it is abundantly clear that Steve McNair is having some sort of problem physically and mentally. He does not look like he's engaged in the game, his mechanics are horrible and he can't throw downfield - and this was before the groin problem. Forget about the QB issue anyway, our defensive secondary was absent in the fourth quarter of the last two games which is neither a McNair or a Boller problem. To sum up, we've got lousy offensive play calling, we've got a defense that phones in their 4th quarter performances and a starting quarterback with problems that require a coach, a medical doctor and a sports psychiatrist. I have no idea why anyone would try to lay any of this at Boller's feet. What has Boller done to put us in a position to lose this year?

Since: Sep 07

Midlothian, Virginia

#19 Sep 24, 2007
Ian M wrote:
I see that theyr're is alot of negativity towards steve mcnair. The guy went 20-27 for 198 and a TD. thats 9.8 yrds per pass, I want you guys to take a look at the league high of yards per pass last year, 9.8 is high. He did a great job yesterday and you guys still hate on him, before mcnair came the ravens were 6-10, when he came they're 13-3, since you guys love boller some much maybe they should start him and ill enjoy watching this team fall down the drain...lol. McNair is the man, u guys got problems. stupid ravens fans
I don't hate McNair, I am saying he's got some problems that need to be dealt with and right now, they are not being managed properly. His injuries are hurting his mechanics. His hand offs were awkward and we stalled twice near the goal line, lost a fumble and, save for the review, may have lost another. YES, I remember last year, McNair was brilliant, the play calling was bolder, aggressive and successful and we went 13 and 3. We've not lost our swagger, but we have lost our defensive aggressiveness in the 4th quarter of 2 consecutive games. If you think McNair did great yesterday, you aren't working from a reliable context.
Bruce

Alexandria, VA

#20 Sep 24, 2007
Ian, one thing you may have forgot. Boller DIDN'T throw an interception. So what's your beef with him? 90% of the QB's in the NFL ALMOST get picked but doesn't mean they are bad QB's. this is exactly what he DIDN'T do before this year. Give the guy some credit. He has been near perfect in coughing up the ball. That's called IMPROVEMENT.
Charlie

Laurel, MD

#21 Sep 24, 2007
I don't have a problem with the Quarterback decision and thought that Kyle Boller did well. My concern is with the defense getting picked apart the way they did in the 4th quarter (again). The Cardinals made offensive adjustments, but the Ravens weren't able to make the counter moves necessary to seal the deal - pressure on Kurt Warner virtually disappered and Cardinal receivers were wide open. Learning from this now and taking corrective action should be at the top of the team's priority list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Wilson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What are the Bears getting with Adrian Wilson? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Analyzing the New England Patriots' Most Glarin... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 17
News New England Patriots: 5 Surprise Players That C... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Toby 1
News Arizona Cardinals' Blueprint for Winning Free A... (Mar '13) Mar '13 alex casillas 1
News Would Adrian Wilson be a Good Fit For Dallas Co... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Delaware vet 3
News Arizona Cardinals should make big changes on 'B... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Fred Moore 1
Adrian Wilson nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sibyl 1
More from around the web