Per Source, Minnesota Vikings Like CB...

Per Source, Minnesota Vikings Like CB Morris Claiborne More Than LT Matt Kalil

There are 23 comments on the National Football Authority story from Mar 18, 2012, titled Per Source, Minnesota Vikings Like CB Morris Claiborne More Than LT Matt Kalil. In it, National Football Authority reports that:

By Daniel Wolf Senior Columnist The NFL offseason is a time filled with rumors, speculation and misdirection with every team in order to keep their intentions quiet and unknown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Football Authority.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#21 Mar 20, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You are dead wrong.
Probably. I just think we have more luck with O/L picks than WR picks in the 1st rd. Blackmon is only 6'1", Harvin's size, surely you don't call that a #1 WR. Claiborne I could live with but I'd rather see O/L. And after releasing 2 from the O/L, with no signings, is there any doubt? Johnson can't handle it, so who is there? Kalil or trade down and take Reiff.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#22 Mar 20, 2012
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Probably. I just think we have more luck with O/L picks than WR picks in the 1st rd. Blackmon is only 6'1", Harvin's size, surely you don't call that a #1 WR. Claiborne I could live with but I'd rather see O/L. And after releasing 2 from the O/L, with no signings, is there any doubt? Johnson can't handle it, so who is there? Kalil or trade down and take Reiff.
You're right on his height. but...
33 verticle, 34" arms. Catches balls about 11' off the ground, or 4" higher than Plax.

Tory Holt was a pick at 6 & went 6'0", I'd call him a #1. I think you're likely right we're gonna target Kalil, but recent o-line in the top 5 have been less than stellar. That was my only chuckle.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#23 Mar 20, 2012
oh, watching tape on Claiborne made me a bit uneasy & then seeing his combine 3-cone drill drove home why. He's just not at all quick, so he scares me. I don't think he lives up to expectations. Blackmon will catch everything, work hard, & go over the middle, etc. If it has to be Kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne, the one I am most comfortable with is Blackmon. His 40 time sold it the rest of the way for me. He's more than fast enough & has Cris Carter hands, imo. I think he'll be the real deal.

Or, I'd love me some Fletcher Cox.(he ran a 7.07 3-cone drill compared with Claiborne's 7.01, but Cox is over 300 lbs....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adrian Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game-by-game predictions: Minnesota Vikings Jul 17 Fart news 11
News Pain Rankings: No. 5, the Minnesota Vikings Jul 16 Fart news 7
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... Jul 14 Spielman 15
News Minnesota Vikings: A Changing of the Guard in t... Jun '15 Spielman 4
News Grading and Analyzing the Vikings' Roster Jun '15 Skidrow Wilson 14
News Zimmer's voice was important in Peterson's retu... Jun '15 tom wingo 6
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... Jun '15 Spielman 24
More from around the web