Patriots' aim: To win at small costs

Patriots' aim: To win at small costs

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Patriots' aim: To win at small costs. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Dominance in this era is more impressive than dominance in any other era. Sustained dominance in this era is almost freakish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Slickster

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 6, 2007
Amazing what can be accomplished when no one worries about who gets the credit.

Taking a smaller base paycheck is only a part of it. When you are virtually guaranteed playoff games and the associated bonuses, the overall remuneration looks pretty good.

New England wins because they pick and insert role players like any good executive chooses his or her staff. First and foremost, they select personalities that they can fit into their systems. When a maverick like Moss is added to the mix, he quickly learns that if you are not part of the solution, you are a part of the problem and won't be there long. Guaranteed success is a might convincer.

When Brady leaves, or is replaced, his replacement will show a lot of the characteristics that currently make him a winner.

When I tried to handicap the Colts - Pats game this past weekend, I settled on the Pats, because you know that they will never beat themselves.
gerry5

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2007
Right ON! Please advise the other sports journalists of their cynical ways. They do not bother to analyze the Patriots like you do. They love to critize, without backing up their criticism witout facts. And the facts , be damn.
Raid

Sharon, MA

#3 Nov 6, 2007
gerry5 wrote:
Right ON! Please advise the other sports journalists of their cynical ways. They do not bother to analyze the Patriots like you do. They love to critize, without backing up their criticism witout facts. And the facts , be damn.
Because people always have and always will hate a winner. From Football to countries, its human nature.

I am proud to be here in New England. We have an owner, a coach and players that want nothing short of a championship every year... Kudos!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web