Vinatieri's missed field goal defuses...

Vinatieri's missed field goal defuses Colts' comeback

There are 711 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 12, 2007, titled Vinatieri's missed field goal defuses Colts' comeback. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Darren Sproles became the ninth player in NFL history to return a kickoff and a punt for touchdowns in the same game Sunday night at Qualcomm Stadium, and he wasted no time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Hubba Bubba

Indianapolis, IN

#754 Nov 13, 2007
Frank Prost wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't get the local media. Manning was hard on himself for the defeat.
Tiger Woods is more over-exposed than Manning.
Manning contributes a ton in time and money to the Indianapolis community.
You don't have a clue. Shut your pie hole and go back to following your dog fighting, pot smoking, felon of a quarterback.
Frank Prost is a loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Enjoy playing with your tiny tool by yourself.
Pissed off Indy Fan

Fort Myers, FL

#755 Nov 13, 2007
Isn't that Vinatieri's job to kick the ball? I don't get it?
Pissed off Indy Fan

Fort Myers, FL

#756 Nov 13, 2007
The only job Vinatieri has is to kick the ball? I just don't get it????
finist stadium

Indianapolis, IN

#757 Nov 13, 2007
soon the most impressive stadium in the country,then Manning will be retired. Tom Moore will be dead from cigarettes and wine glutony. back to the days of old. 4-12
xellil

Indianapolis, IN

#758 Nov 14, 2007
finist stadium wrote:
soon the most impressive stadium in the country,then Manning will be retired. Tom Moore will be dead from cigarettes and wine glutony. back to the days of old. 4-12
Well, I will still be watching the Colts play if that happens - will you?
TMD

Lafayette, IN

#759 Nov 14, 2007
bob wrote:
please dont lump all pats fans with all the heaters. there are enough of them from both sides. god knows we can all come off as that from time to time. i myself have found myself getting out of sorts with all the pats bashing and have lashed out. but not all pats fans are bad, just as not all colts fans (or any other teams fans) are bad. but some of the jerks from both teams have shown up. i do apologize for my digs at the colts and i am trying to clean it up i can get frustrated trying to show that both teams can have the same issues. i also do not agree with the pats fans who are bragging or taunting. we have one it in the past but this is a new year. while we are doing great so far ANYTHING can and usually does happen.
my problem is that both teams fans are saying some of the same things reguarding the teams and games being played and seem to think it is ok/not ok for their team but once its turned around the change their opinion on it. for example: the pats fans think they lost the playoff game to indy last year due to injuries, colts fans think it was not due to the pats health issues and that they had the better team. now this year the colts fans think their health issues make the difference and the pats fans think they are the better team.
my take is a combo of both. i think the injuries do matter, but they matter this year for the colts as much as it mattered for the pats last year. you cant count it for one team and not the other. it is also a part of fb and it is the job of the staff to make sure the teams can continue to win with or without health issues. to win with our without conflicts and accusations that arrise.
the one problem i have had this week on this board is the difference in belief on cheating and what advantages are gained from what mistakes. what can/cant actually effect a games outcome.
i do apoligize for my outbrakes of rash comments and im trying but its had sometime on some comments. please try to forgive them.
as a side note:
im not sure why i keep reading that this is a colts board. you would not be able to tell that from my pc. there was a link to this board in a sports email sub that i get and it was because of a pats story. someone did say the other day that the indy board uses a service called topix and that is at the top of my page so maybe that is how other fans are getting here. i for one did not go looking for the colts board.<quoted text>
Wow. I applaud your attitude. I don't know if you're the same "bob" I was sparring with yesterday (there are several posters who use "bob" as their handle), but I wouldn't mind having a normal, football related conversation with you sometime.
bagwell368

Westford, MA

#760 Nov 14, 2007
Come on both sides - Pats and Colts.

Pats fans were surprised and pissed at the amount of vitriol from fans across the country over "cameragate", so they rose up in forums like this.

I got nothing against people being fans, I saw too many 2-12 and 2-14 seasons as a Pats fan believe me.

It's too bad if you cannot see the greatness in a team (85 Bears for instace) that kills your team. Or for the Colts '02 & '03, and now seemingly '07 towards the Pats.

Colts were #2 coming into "the game", losing Freeny, an aging AV, and a Harrison w/ a knee that will never get to 100% has pushed you guys quickly to #3 - 5 territory. You still have a playoff team, which a lot of cities do not have. It is what it is.

Now, I will admit that if the AFC Title game is in Foxboro and the Pats win 31-10, I would find it more satisfying if Manning was taking his lumps rather then Ben or Rivers - simply because he's been an enemy for longer - and I'm quite sick of the Manning uber alles crowd that insists he is the greatest. I watch a ton of football, and while he's a dream to have most of the time when playing in a roto league, he's far from it on the field in the crunch. It's just the truth - he's today's Marino, just like Brady is today's Montana.

I like Staubach, Montana, Brady, Elway any day and every day over Manning. Cool under pressure, do not spread blame when things are going poorly, able to run when needed, not a statue in the pocket, and have a way of going down the checkoffs to find the right guy to throw to.

Manning is like Jurgensen, Marino, Bledsoe style - imobile, unable to function w/o big time skill players AND a lot of time from the O line. It is what it is.

His commercials are cute, how nice....
GO Colts

Louisville, KY

#761 Nov 14, 2007
bagwell368 wrote:
Come on both sides - Pats and Colts.
Pats fans were surprised and pissed at the amount of vitriol from fans across the country over "cameragate", so they rose up in forums like this.
I got nothing against people being fans, I saw too many 2-12 and 2-14 seasons as a Pats fan believe me.
It's too bad if you cannot see the greatness in a team (85 Bears for instace) that kills your team. Or for the Colts '02 & '03, and now seemingly '07 towards the Pats.
Colts were #2 coming into "the game", losing Freeny, an aging AV, and a Harrison w/ a knee that will never get to 100% has pushed you guys quickly to #3 - 5 territory. You still have a playoff team, which a lot of cities do not have. It is what it is.
Now, I will admit that if the AFC Title game is in Foxboro and the Pats win 31-10, I would find it more satisfying if Manning was taking his lumps rather then Ben or Rivers - simply because he's been an enemy for longer - and I'm quite sick of the Manning uber alles crowd that insists he is the greatest. I watch a ton of football, and while he's a dream to have most of the time when playing in a roto league, he's far from it on the field in the crunch. It's just the truth - he's today's Marino, just like Brady is today's Montana.
I like Staubach, Montana, Brady, Elway any day and every day over Manning. Cool under pressure, do not spread blame when things are going poorly, able to run when needed, not a statue in the pocket, and have a way of going down the checkoffs to find the right guy to throw to.
Manning is like Jurgensen, Marino, Bledsoe style - imobile, unable to function w/o big time skill players AND a lot of time from the O line. It is what it is.
His commercials are cute, how nice....
You pratically typed an entire book just to insult Manning at the end...new flash, this is how it's done......

You guys are sore winners and will never be happy no matter how many wins or Super Bowl titles you get because deep down inside your miserable human beings that like to pick on everyone else. Good for you, your 9-0. We did that a couple of times.

GET IT?
bagwell368

Westford, MA

#762 Nov 14, 2007
dork,

its not an insult, its the truth. I am sorry you find more then the 7 words Indygrl usually comes up with to be taxing to read.... so don't read it.

You did 9-0 a few times? But you never did 21 in a row over two seasons, or win 3 for 4 SB's have you. But you do have an annoying GM that complains over everything, a stat boy QB w/ no real heart, and a cover team that sucks, and a D that gets about 30% of the total team budget (that means to you that you have no depth on D).

By all means, keep the trickle of insults coming - that's how its done.
Andy

Middlebury, VT

#763 Nov 14, 2007
Time for Vinatieri to go back to the Pats. He has done enough damage!
beguiled

Amesbury, MA

#764 Nov 14, 2007
Andy wrote:
Time for Vinatieri to go back to the Pats. He has done enough damage!
We seem to be doing fine without him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
News Falcons, Steelers, Colts, Seahawks clinch divis... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 1
More from around the web