A Colts repeat? History shows it won'...

A Colts repeat? History shows it won't be easy

There are 60 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 19, 2007, titled A Colts repeat? History shows it won't be easy. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Soon after the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts arrived for this weekend's minicamp, coach Tony Dungy had a little treat for his boys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Chicago, IL

#1 May 20, 2007
Real profound Bob,
A sixth grader could of wrote that piece.
shields

Cleveland, TN

#2 May 20, 2007
Let's hope all the losses on the "D" don't come back to bite the colts. Hayden might have beat out David but the lost of Cato is going to hurt and the back up "D" players are rookies or 2nd year players who seen little or no action at all last year. and the strong moves this off season by Tennessee and New England could spell trouble for the Colts. Let's hope the Colts can pull off a repeat. GO COLTS!!
Justice

Eminence, IN

#3 May 20, 2007
Not a lot there Bob, but what"s new?
Surely you can do better than this.
Ed Presnell

United States

#4 May 20, 2007
Special teams has been the Colts biggest weakness the last few years. The offense is awesome and the defense continues to improve. I predict another championship, but very hard fought.
Ed Presnell

United States

#5 May 20, 2007
Go Colts!
Ed Presnell

United States

#6 May 20, 2007
Maybe the politicians that got the super bowl tickets will now become Colts fans.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#7 May 20, 2007
John wrote:
Real profound Bob,
A sixth grader could of wrote that piece.
Um,'could of wrote?'
Spoken like a true sixthgrader, John.
COTLS IN 08

Utica, KY

#8 May 20, 2007
The second win of a superbowl is always tougher then the first for any team, even the 1999 Denver Broncos. But I know at least since the Colts aren't the team expected to win it all like Pittsburgh was last season. They shouldn't have any jinx's on them, which is good.

COLTS IN 08!!!!!!!!!!
Kent

Michigan City, IN

#9 May 20, 2007
Let's see, 8 repeats in 41 years, roughly 1 repeat every 5 years. In the 13 year salary cap era 2 repeats, that's 1 every 6.5 years. What if the Colts win it next year? 14/3 = 4.67. Why that's under average!! Must be easier to repeat in the salary cap era.
Come on Bob, it's May. At least give us an article on how the track food is giving you gas.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#10 May 20, 2007
Well it should be an interesting veterin mini camp report tonight on 59 Over time (Fox), Sports Locker Sunday (CBS), and Ch. 13 Sports Jam (NBC). And for the record YOU GUYS BETTER NOT MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!

COLTS IN 08!!!!!!!!!!
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#11 May 20, 2007
Ohh yeah and then there's that sports show on ABC
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#12 May 20, 2007
Jim Irsay is the greatest NFL owner ever!!!!!!!!!!
COLTS IN 08!!!!!!!!!!
Mr T

Peoria, IL

#13 May 20, 2007
shields wrote:
Let's hope all the losses on the "D" don't come back to bite the colts. Hayden might have beat out David but the lost of Cato is going to hurt and the back up "D" players are rookies or 2nd year players who seen little or no action at all last year. and the strong moves this off season by Tennessee and New England could spell trouble for the Colts. Let's hope the Colts can pull off a repeat. GO COLTS!!
Our D was terrible. They played just well enough to beat 3 teams with weak offenses and our offense saved us against N.E.. Oh yea, Mr. Krapits, meet Mr. Obvious.
Duh

United States

#14 May 20, 2007
1,000 words wasted on stating the obvioud.
go blue

Marysville, OH

#15 May 20, 2007
shields wrote:
obviously, you didn't see how overrated a season cato june had last year. need proof? pop in a tape of the 44-17 jacksonville loss, and see how many times cato june got trucked to the ground.

worried about jason david being gone? look at the denver broncos game, where he gave up HUGE third down and long plays multiple times to extend denver drives for points.

wondering if rookies can step into place? dwight freeney didn't start a game his rookie season until after week 10, at which point, he'd already had 8 sacks coming off the bench.

wondering if second year players will have an impact? watch the colts-patriots game in foxboro from last year, and look to see how freddy keiho was our best tackler that night.

peyton manning has more weapons (gonzo) and an even better running back (addai). the colts' best defense has always been an explosive and dangerous offense to 1. score tons of points and 2. build big leads to give our fast defense the advantage it needs to rush the QB and force turnovers.

make no mistake, this team will still be with san diego and new england at the end of the year in the mix of title contention.
bayoubob

Walpole, MA

#16 May 20, 2007
no chance to repeat. spent too much money trying to win it and they did. now it.s time to pay the fiddler.
John

New Castle, DE

#17 May 20, 2007
bayoubob wrote:
no chance to repeat. spent too much money trying to win it and they did. now it.s time to pay the fiddler.
And the Patriots are winners already just ask Daniel Snyder winner of the I signed all the big free agents so I will win it easy this year award.Can't wait for the first time Randy Moss misses practice and tells Belicheck and Brady their idiots LOL
phil

South Yarmouth, MA

#18 May 20, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>And the Patriots are winners already just ask Daniel Snyder winner of the I signed all the big free agents so I will win it easy this year award.Can't wait for the first time Randy Moss misses practice and tells Belicheck and Brady their idiots LOL
"their idiots"
Classic from a Colts fan.
The Broncos were fined a draft pick for cap cheating when they repeated.
The NE Patriots have reloaded and are heading for another Lombardi.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#19 May 20, 2007
the colts will not have a repeat. anyone that wants the ring will have to go through them though and it is never easy beating them. broncos or the pats this year win superbowl, and im not for the pats ill say that
crb2

Evanston, IL

#20 May 20, 2007
*yawn* Good ole BS Bob going on again. Honestly I didn't read the story but I imagine it was something to the tune of "colts will all fail! They Hacked the SuperBowl" or something to that tune.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web