Harris, Bears' defense prove healthy

Harris, Bears' defense prove healthy

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Harris, Bears' defense prove healthy. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tommie Harris had assured everyone that his ailing left knee would be fine Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Al P

Altamont, TN

#1 Sep 7, 2008
Great Effort by all!!
Michael

Seattle, WA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
Good job. Don't celebrate to much. Carolina is at home next week with a tough D. Do not underestimate this team. I heard BABICH SENT A MEMO TO TURNER. "THROW SOME TD PASSES"!!!!!
Jay

Great Falls, VA

#3 Sep 8, 2008
Hey Ogunleye, Do it again next week and maybe we will all start to believe!!!
Kelly

Saint Marys, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Jay wrote:
Hey Ogunleye, Do it again next week and maybe we will all start to believe!!!
Have some faith in them . I do ! Colts haven't last a game in Sept or Oct since 2004 . That says something for The BEARS . GO BEARS!!!
Jim

Hartford, CT

#5 Sep 8, 2008
Hey Wale, not all of us our doubters! Nice Win! Bear Down!
REM

Peoria, IL

#6 Sep 8, 2008
I don't really like the all-white unies but they seem to win when wearing them. Whatever works.
donny

Gaithersburg, MD

#7 Sep 8, 2008
none of these downey,haugh rosenbloom gave us a chance and now their on the background.
so cal viking fan

Anaheim, CA

#8 Sep 8, 2008
Nah, the bears look much better in all white. The bears are 1 of few NFL teams that actually have good looking uniforms. Never did like the midnight blue pants. Only time it would look alright is when they wear the orange jersey which they never shoulda wore in the 1st place. The bears uniforms look a whole lot better than the ones my favorite NFC has worn since 2006
Bfan53

Bloomington, IL

#9 Sep 8, 2008
I for one will accept the rebuke of the defense. I didn't think they were going to get it done because they were missing tackles in pre-season like they did all last year. Glad I was wrong! They did what Bear defenses are supposed to do and did it well! Thank you for making me look bad. I will accept rebuke for win every week!
BearsHTown

League City, TX

#10 Sep 8, 2008
i think the blue jersey and blue pants look sleek on them especially when they play at night and it goes with their black shoes.
true bears fan

Wheaton, IL

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some faith in them . I do ! Colts haven't last a game in Sept or Oct since 2004 . That says something for The BEARS . GO BEARS!!!
Kelly, Peyton hadn't practiced all preseason and the Colts O line was a patchwork quilt. I have been watching the Bears since 1963 ( they beat the Giants and YA that year for the title ), and if there is one thing about the bears, it is that they can break your heart just like the Cubs. I'm glad they won, but watch what happens next week when they play Carolina with no second stringers besides Moose.( and whoever is taking steve smiths place )
ge-fi-ge

AOL

#13 Sep 8, 2008
Wale needs to shut-it untill this team provides some consistency. I'm happy for the team on their all-around effort. But they won't have 3-weeks to prepare for Carolina. Can we count on Turner to provide a stout game plan like last week? Excuse me if I don't get all chest-thumpity.
Win next week Bears and you'll be in a great position to start this season...
1bearsfan

Whitewater, CO

#14 Sep 9, 2008
true bears fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly, Peyton hadn't practiced all preseason and the Colts O line was a patchwork quilt. I have been watching the Bears since 1963 ( they beat the Giants and YA that year for the title ), and if there is one thing about the bears, it is that they can break your heart just like the Cubs. I'm glad they won, but watch what happens next week when they play Carolina with no second stringers besides Moose.( and whoever is taking steve smiths place )

Yeah,your a true bear fan alright? More like a Fair Weather Fan! You obviously dont follow the Bears that closely.You are a student of the media!! Peyton Manning was probably only 75-80% & his O-line was In-experienced.But Peyton Manning at 75% is still better than most Q.B's in the N.F.L. He Doesnt need practice,he has played with the same guys now for years! Plus their Defense was a top 5 defense! What about The Bears O-Line,talk about makeshift?? Plus a game manager type Q.B in Orton.Plus a whole new Offense,that so-called fans like you criticized all pre-season.Saying we had no talent whatsoever on Offense.Yet You have the nerve to make excuses for the Colts? You are a typical Fair Weather Fan.There are no excuses,the Bears flat out Dominated & out coached the Colts,& beat them soundly! I have been a Die Hard Bear Fan for 37 years! I am Proud to be a Bear Fan! I always believe they can Win,& I support them every week to do so.A Die hard Fan doesnt Trash talk their team,We support them to improve.Support breeds success.We stick up for them when others take shots at our Bears.Us Die Hard Fans get frustrated at times,but We Never trash talk our Bears!! Fair Weather fans like you follow the media,& you like the Bears only when they are winning.Otherwise you talk trash like the media does! Lets go Real Die Hard Bear Fans,Bear Down!! GOD BLESS!! GO BEARS!! YOUR TRUE FANS WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!!
Mark B

Dallas, TX

#15 Sep 10, 2008
Sounds like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but white-on-white doesn't look good. Nor does blue-on-blue. Either wear blue jerseys with white pants, or white jerseys with blue pants (as in Super Bowl XX).
Most importantly, keep winning...Go Bears!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
News Falcons, Steelers, Colts, Seahawks clinch divis... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 1
More from around the web