Bob Kravitz's report card

Bob Kravitz's report card

There are 68 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Bob Kravitz's report card. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

So now I know how Chris Henry felt after Darrell Reid dropped an atomic weapon on his cranium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Phil shafer

AOL

#1 Jan 1, 2008
How many fotball tickets would colts sell if they continue play like this ---buy tickets and watch us loose --might not be best thing to do
ColtsFanSince195 8

Yonkers, NY

#2 Jan 1, 2008
Where's the running game?......where's the running game??
Pacercolt99

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jan 1, 2008
ColtsFanSince1958 wrote:
Where's the running game?......where's the running game??
I think the running game will show up in the playoffs. We get the offensive line healthy and a week for for Addai...things will be fine. Beat New England!(I know, I am jumping ahead just a bit!)
Defense Rocks

Middleton, WI

#4 Jan 1, 2008
Sorry about your travel woes, not the best way to end the year. But that's why they pay you the big bucks, right?:D

I thought the evening played out just like a preseason game. I knew if the offensive starters were in the game, we'd win. With as many injuries the Colts have had this season, I totally understand not wanting to risk yet another player for a meaningless game.

The 2nd and 3rd string defensive players were terrific. I LOVE the fact that we are playing smashmouth football. The team is very well rounded this year. This is my 2 cents worth.

Happy New Year.
let it go

United States

#5 Jan 1, 2008
Come on, let the Vanderjagt slams go. It's been several years and it's time to move on. The guy can't get a job, I think he's suffered enough. He missed one (HUGE) kick. Meanwhile, guys with multiple arrests still play in the NFL. Gotta love the irony.
Colts45

Fairmont, WV

#6 Jan 1, 2008
In my opinion, the way the Colts played this game was very very lame. They didn't really try to win this game. I say this because they didn't use their timeouts at the end of the game and the play calling with Sorgi in the game was horrible. Come on Colts, remember what my boy Herman Edwards said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME....HELLO....HELLOOOO.... " I was very disappointed with Dungy and the Colts, win the freaking game, with or without starters, LAME....
greenville fan

Greenville, NC

#7 Jan 1, 2008
I have,after extensive ruminations,and convoluted extrapolations,arrived at a scenario where there might possibly be a Marvin Harrison sighting on the feild.If the Colts reach the Super Bowl, and win it,Marvin will come out on the last play to wave goodbye as he rides off into the retirement sunset.Well,there you have it from a guy with a 150 IQ.Ain't it grand?
Realistic Expectations

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jan 1, 2008
let it go wrote:
Come on, let the Vanderjagt slams go. It's been several years and it's time to move on. The guy can't get a job, I think he's suffered enough. He missed one (HUGE) kick. Meanwhile, guys with multiple arrests still play in the NFL. Gotta love the irony.
I agree, and it's not as if SOMEBODY (not mentioning any names) didn't choke a bit this year himself.
Colt45

United States

#9 Jan 1, 2008
Colts45 wrote:
In my opinion, the way the Colts played this game was very very lame. They didn't really try to win this game. I say this because they didn't use their timeouts at the end of the game and the play calling with Sorgi in the game was horrible. Come on Colts, remember what my boy Herman Edwards said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME....HELLO....HELLOOOO.... " I was very disappointed with Dungy and the Colts, win the freaking game, with or without starters, LAME....
Blah, blah, blah...
Who cares about the meaningless game in week 17? Appearantly you're the only one.
Jan 13th is all that matters now.
Oh yeah, that hit by Reid was AWESOME!
don

Francesville, IN

#10 Jan 1, 2008
No problem with your Dopey Report Card (except) for your comment about Sorgi; As long as teams continue to FIND very competent back-ups, complaints will continue about JS.
All you have to do is check the stats of the other backups around the league & compare them to what we witnessed Sunday. Think God Sorgi's salary drops to only $600,000 next year!! If Peyton ever goes down..and Sorgi actually comes in with the FIRST TEAM & shows what must be secret-only seen in practice- talents then & only then will the critics shutup.*Let's pray that never happens!!
jim

Copiague, NY

#11 Jan 1, 2008
I agree with whatsisname. you can't judge sorgi on that Tenn game with the reserves he played with. If Sorgi was with the first unit for a while he might be a topflight qb. we just don't know. and don't want to.
Chris Hayes

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jan 1, 2008
Was Kravitzs watching the same game?Indy's defense wasn't that good,the Titans don't have any appreciable offence
don

Francesville, IN

#13 Jan 1, 2008
jim wrote:
I agree with whatsisname. you can't judge sorgi on that Tenn game with the reserves he played with. If Sorgi was with the first unit for a while he might be a topflight qb. we just don't know. and don't want to.
So far it's been ABSOLUTELY amazing. Peyton has only missed one half of one game in his NFL carrer. But one of these games, Merriman or the like is going to catch him blind side - blow out one of Mannings knees & THEN we'll all finally find out how good/bad Sorgi actually is.
Hope we never find out!!
Hick from the Lick

Austin, TX

#14 Jan 1, 2008
When you prepare all week for the elusive Young, then see him replaced by Collins, a pocket passer, it's a tough adjustment."

Really? None of these guys have EVER seen or played against a pocker passer? They have no clue what to do? What a joke Kravitz, these guys are professionals, there shouldnt be any tough adjustment. My god when are you going back to Denver?
Colts45

Fairmont, WV

#15 Jan 1, 2008
Colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah...
Who cares about the meaningless game in week 17? Appearantly you're the only one.
Jan 13th is all that matters now.
Oh yeah, that hit by Reid was AWESOME!
I am a true believer in momentum and winning every game, that's all. So, yes, the game was meaningless but why not try to win it anyway, especially against your rival team, knock their rear end out of the playoffs!!

Anyway, you are right about that hit by Reid, that was awesome, now CHECK THIS DAWG, how about that same hit on Golden boy "Brady" in the AFC Championship game!! WOOOOO, NOW, that would be SWEEEEEET. I'm salivating.......
Colts fan in Greencastle

Greencastle, IN

#16 Jan 1, 2008
I agree about Vanderjagt. He missed one important kick --- but he also won a lot of games for the Colts. Let's get over the miss, already!
Matte 41

Pineville, KY

#17 Jan 1, 2008
Sorgi stinks on ice, Mr. Kravitz. I hope to God he NEVER starts for the first team because he'd kill our receivers. Besides, when I saw him on the field, his body language had the poise and self-confidence of a pencil-necked geek. Hardly inspiring presence no matter WHO was on the line. Josh Betts, you need to take that position from Sorgi next season, or you make the list, too!
Just A Thought

United States

#18 Jan 1, 2008
Do any Fans that paid to see this game in person feel Ripped Off? Hard earned money down the drain....
Colt45

United States

#19 Jan 1, 2008
Colts45 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a true believer in momentum and winning every game, that's all. So, yes, the game was meaningless but why not try to win it anyway, especially against your rival team, knock their rear end out of the playoffs!!
Anyway, you are right about that hit by Reid, that was awesome, now CHECK THIS DAWG, how about that same hit on Golden boy "Brady" in the AFC Championship game!! WOOOOO, NOW, that would be SWEEEEEET. I'm salivating.......
I'm with you 100%, to see Brady or even Rodney HGH Harrison (dirtiest player ever) get flattened like that would be a treat!
Roger in Iowa

United States

#20 Jan 1, 2008
I felt the Colts played well considering that we were using back- ups.Who do you think would have won if we could have traded back-up quarterbacks,Sorgi for Collins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web