Have a bite of perspective, and say t...

Have a bite of perspective, and say thanks

There are 69 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 22, 2007, titled Have a bite of perspective, and say thanks. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Say what? Robert Mathis , shown sacking San Diego's Philip Rivers, bristles at the notion the Colts have lost respect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#62 Nov 26, 2007
Tom wrote:
Well said. When healthy this is still the best team in the NFL, Patriots included.
i hope you dont mean the colts with their one string deep team? great teams can sustain injury and the colts clearly need their starters to contend. problem with the colts is they are going to have trouble winning their division and you cant use injuries as an excuse for losing. its the only variable in the game and the only way to deal with it is to prepare your backups as good as your starters, which the colts clearly dont do.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#63 Nov 26, 2007
Avid Colts Fan wrote:
Go Colts We're Proud of You! Through All Of Your Injuries You Are Still Playing Like The True Champions You Are. You Reign As SuperBowl Camps And Until Someone (If Anyone) Knocks You Out You Are Still The Emperor On The Throne!!
stop being so ignorant. two teams already beat them this year but thats not the issue. you need to understand they are the champs from last year and that has no bearing on anything this year. when the superbowl was over their record was the same as everyone else's 0-0. you dont get special treatment the next year because of winning, you have to do it all over from scratch. ask a real athlete and they will tell you noone considers last years champ anything special the next year. they are just one of 32 teams trying to get to the superbowl.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#64 Nov 26, 2007
Zeke wrote:
Bob this is a well written, well thought out column...and it is DEAD ON. How can it be so constantly overlooked that the Pats have played 8 cupcakes, the Cowboys, and a game the Colts GAVE them. Nobody has won anything yet. There is a lot of football left, and the Colts went toe to toe with the allegedly unbeatable Pats and only lost bcause they uncharacteristically let a 4th quarter 10 point lead slip away due to their own mistakes. I expect the usual mindless drivel from the chowderheads that have nothing better to do than troll around the Star's blogs...bring it on. Your team is playing great...but in the immortal words of Dennis Green..."you wanna crown their asses...then crown em'". But again, there is a lot of football left. And I like the Colts chances even in that hellhole identified on the map as Foxborough. Talk all you want Chowderheads... we'll see you down the road. Good job Bob.
1]the pats were given the toughest schedule by far back in the spring. just because those teams havent lived up to their expectations doesnt take anything away from what they are doing.
2]the colts didnt give that game away they choked. vinateri missed big early and manning couldnt take care of the ball when he had to. thats good defense forcing your team to make monumental mistakes. you dont have to like the pats or any other team for that matter, but be real, dont act like the colts gave us the game. we earned it.
3]the colts havent played any teams that were undefeated until the pats and other than that their opponents were right at .500.
3]the pats have defeated two undefeated teams in their building, and have 8 of last years 12 playoff teams on their schedule. the colts lost to san diego, who the pats crushed. the colts also should have lost to kc and tennessee. they didnt and i give them praise but they clearly are not a threat right now.
instead of you acting like the colts are automatically going to be in foxboro, concentrate on winning your division because thats going to be tougher than you think. just remember manning has never won in foxboro in the cold, along with no dome team ever winning a championship game outside in january weather. even if harrison comes back for the playoffs, he isnt going to jump right back into rythym with a knee injury, sitting for over half a season and then play in the freezing cold. he will be stiff as a board and one person cannot make that big of a difference.
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#65 Nov 26, 2007
Bangin wrote:
<quoted text>
I Could not agree with you more. It sickened me when I heard the Boo's during the game at the dome last week. Shows how many non-football, bandwagon fans actually make it to the games. They were also booing Vinatieri. Ok so the guy had one bad game against the Chargers. He still came back and made the Game Winning FG against the Chiefs. I remember reading in "Let it Out" to get rid of Vinatieri. BANDWAGONERS!!!! x(
he missed against the pats too but the real issue is your ponies, if you are true contenders, should have destroyed kc in your building, not need a last minute field goal just to win. the chargers are decent but if you are to contend, you need to win convincingly against .500 teams and the colts dont, the pats do. there is your difference.
joe colts

Wingate, IN

#66 Nov 26, 2007
JEB wrote:
Bob , you are not getting soft in your old age. It's called expierence and perspective.
I was sickened last week when the Colts were booed on the field.
Come on people, you have an 8-2 returning championship team with probably the best quarter back you will see anywhere. Its pretty bush league for fans to act that way.
Me, I suffer with my 0-10 (soon to be 0-11) Miami Dolphins. I complain , but I don't boo.
JEB
I would agree that it would be awful if we booed the team but all i heard was booing that hack kicker who never missed for new england but couldnt hit a 29 yarder for us. He is just a kicker you dont show loyalty to a kicker
joe colts

Wingate, IN

#67 Nov 26, 2007
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>he missed against the pats too but the real issue is your ponies, if you are true contenders, should have destroyed kc in your building, not need a last minute field goal just to win. the chargers are decent but if you are to contend, you need to win convincingly against .500 teams and the colts dont, the pats do. there is your difference.
Lets see The pats play w/o moss welker watson light and 3 other starting linemen and see how much they beat teams by. They had trouble against the mighty eagles and the pats are near 100% healthy.
joe colts

Wingate, IN

#68 Nov 26, 2007
LDKRN wrote:
Oh, screw that. The Patriots won a Super Bowl with Troy Brown in the backfield because of injuries, and with receivers no better than the ones Manning Almighty has had to deal with in the last couple of weeks. Get over yourself and your lousy team.
I dont know if you have ever played football or not but reciever dont mean anything. If you have all day to throw the ball you will look great. The injuries along our offensive line are the only prob. we have right now
patsfan111111

Summerfield, FL

#69 Nov 26, 2007
joe colts wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see The pats play w/o moss welker watson light and 3 other starting linemen and see how much they beat teams by. They had trouble against the mighty eagles and the pats are near 100% healthy.
first of all they havent been completely healthy this year and last night lost two key guys possibly for a few weeks. if you want to take away those three then you have the same team that beat the eagles in 04 in the superbowl. this isnt college, a win is a win and the pats have done it with no names in the past and now have an arsenal. stop making excuses, the eagles lost the turnover battle and any real fan knows if you commit turnovers you will lose 99% of the time.
joe colts

Wingate, IN

#70 Nov 26, 2007
patsfan111111 wrote:
<quoted text>first of all they havent been completely healthy this year and last night lost two key guys possibly for a few weeks. if you want to take away those three then you have the same team that beat the eagles in 04 in the superbowl. this isnt college, a win is a win and the pats have done it with no names in the past and now have an arsenal. stop making excuses, the eagles lost the turnover battle and any real fan knows if you commit turnovers you will lose 99% of the time.
you should read all of what i said before you answer. In 04 you still had the same offensive linemen with no injuries. that is the difference between us winning and blowing out teams you cant plan on both starting tackles and guards being out i am very surprised we are able to win without them. they are supposed to be back next week but who knows. It boils down to this the colts have had the patriots number last few games and if BOTH teams make to play each other it is going to be another 4th quarter shootout to see who wins. The idea that the pats are gonna kill the colts is just unrealistic both teams have great offenses (when healthy) and the colts have a proven defense this year and the pats d looked awful against the high powered eagles last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web