Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winnin...

Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winning field goal

There are 195 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Vinatieri recovers to hit game-winning field goal. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Adam Vinatieri kicked a 24--yard field goal with three seconds to play Sunday to lift the injury-ravaged Indianapolis Colts to a 13-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at the RCA Dome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
IndyAnon

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 18, 2007
Hopefully we don't have to rely on a field goal to win a game...come on, Colts! You don't look like you could win another Super Bowl!
edukator41

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2007
What a frustrating game, but satisfying win. GO COLTS
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#3 Nov 18, 2007
Hurray! Hurray! What a sorry offense performance! Great job Colts defense!
Greg NIchols

Czech Republic

#5 Nov 18, 2007
Is this the future of Manning and the Colts when Marvin Harrison retires??? Manning was outplayed by the Kansas City quarterback (and I can't even remember the losers name) who had a bunch of no name receivers so Manning has NO excuses. The fact is that Manning and the Colt's offense should not be relying on a place kicker to be winning their games for them. The Colts red zone touchdown production is pathetic and an embarrasment to the Colt's defense that has been playing great!
What a difference

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Nov 18, 2007
It's a win. Take it.
Earl E Toobed

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Nov 18, 2007
I wish this crap was on the Big Ten Network too.
Mookie

Orlando, FL

#7 Nov 18, 2007
It's a "W", but not a very happy one. Why go for it on 4th and one, only to to do kneel down's and not try to score the TD? This is a game that will make you scratch your head in complete frustration. The offensive sputtering of the first half of the season has become an outright inability to be productive at all. I'm really happy we have a defense that keeps giving us a chance to win!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#8 Nov 18, 2007
This team today won't being going to Foxboro in January! If it wasn't for their great defense they would have lost their third straight! I was scared to death at the fact that VINATIERI WAS KICKING THE GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL! How about some touchdowns! This offense Stinks! We need you Harrison help!
I love football

Noblesville, IN

#9 Nov 18, 2007
I think you mean that Peyton Manning took a knee, not Jeff Saturday. Just an observance!
Greenwood Girl

Lapel, IN

#10 Nov 18, 2007
VERY UGLY WIN but a WIN NONE THE LESS. I just pray they build on this day. I think we caught a little glimps of the Colts we fans know and love near the end of the game. Lets take it into next week guys! GO COLTS!!!
I love football

Noblesville, IN

#11 Nov 18, 2007
Opps, spoke too soon, I thought I read that Jeff saturday took a knee...DUMB ME!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#12 Nov 18, 2007
Just think this team could be 10-1 if vinatieri makes that kick! This defense is great! I love Ya guys! Go colts defense!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#13 Nov 18, 2007
The Chiefs our sorry! The Jaguars or the Titans would beat the colt if they play today! Polian, Wayne needs help! Anthony Gonalez plays like a girl! If Harrison doesn't play, I'm seeing a colts offense which I don't like very much!
done with 18

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Nov 18, 2007
Go Adam! Where would the Colts be without you (and several other running backs and tight ends...)
At least you are not a choker!

Hope Manning gives you the credit you deserve.
Bad Luck

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 18, 2007
Patriots fans if you post crap about the Colts on this site your team will have bad luck and lose today. Want bad luck give it a try break a leg
Greenwood Girl

Lapel, IN

#16 Nov 18, 2007
Could someone please tell me what Vinatieri did to his leg? The broadcasters kept commenting on him having a sore left leg. I have missed a lot of the coverage recently so I am not real sure what happened...Thanks
Fan of no one

Lexington, KY

#17 Nov 18, 2007
edukator41 wrote:
What a frustrating game, but satisfying win. GO COLTS
If you are satisfied with winning by 3 at the last second against a below .500 team at home then you must not have very high expectations. If this is the best they could do against KC then their playoff chances seem in doubt.
Reader

Chicago, IL

#18 Nov 18, 2007
A is a win. Don't Worry Be Happy
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#19 Nov 18, 2007
I guess a win is a win! However this team worries me? Is Harrison out for the Year? If he does come back, will he be effective? I guess time will only tell!
Keith Smith

Newark, NJ

#20 Nov 18, 2007
Bill Polian, how about geing REGGIE WAYNE A DECENT RECEIVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Extra: Kick return star Devin Hester retire... Dec '17 Fart for Raiders 2
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
More from around the web