Colts' Vinatieri counts his kicks unt...

Colts' Vinatieri counts his kicks until his kicks count

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 14, 2007, titled Colts' Vinatieri counts his kicks until his kicks count. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The idea, insisted Adam Vinatieri, is to know how much is enough. How much kicking during the preseason is required for the Indianapolis Colts veteran place-kicker to regain his metronome-like mechanics and be ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Refreshing

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 15, 2007
How nice it is to have a kicker just wants to play football.
Question

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Aug 15, 2007
Nice story, and this doesn't have anything to do with kicking, but I have a question someone I am sure can answer.

Of all the NFL players who have played in the championshipsfrom the start, who has the most rings? Does not matter if it's from one team or many or what position. Just who and how many. There's money riding on this so help a guy out. Thanks
Brett

Berwyn, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2007
Question wrote:
Nice story, and this doesn't have anything to do with kicking, but I have a question someone I am sure can answer.
Of all the NFL players who have played in the championshipsfrom the start, who has the most rings? Does not matter if it's from one team or many or what position. Just who and how many. There's money riding on this so help a guy out. Thanks
As a player only, Charles Haley has won the most (5). He won 2 with San Francisco and 3 with Dallas.
Colts Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Aug 15, 2007
Question wrote:
The answer is 5 - Owned by Charles Haley. He has 2 from the San Francisco 49ers and 3 with Dallas Cowboys. Did you win?
Colts Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 15, 2007
Unless you're including players that later coached, then you have Mike Woicik - he has 4 from playing with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and two more while a coach with the Dallas Cowboys.
Colts Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 15, 2007
Oops, sorry - Mike Woicik never played, but he has 6 rings - 3 from the Patriots and 3 from the Cowboys. My bad.
Lets go Colts

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2007
Colts Fan wrote:
Unless you're including players that later coached, then you have Mike Woicik - he has 4 from playing with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and two more while a coach with the Dallas Cowboys.
That is a pretty good memory you have there. You are almost correct. It is Mike Woicik, but he had 3 with Dallas and 3 with New England (all as a strength and conditioning coach). He is the record holder with six rings. He never won one as a player.

http://www.azsuperbowl.com/fun_fact_results.a...

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm...
MIke

Bloomington, IN

#8 Aug 15, 2007
I love this guy, what a class act.
Sorry but

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Aug 15, 2007
Great, thanks a bunch. Haley as a player with 5 and Woicik as a coach with 6. To answer the question if I won. Nope with it being Woicik nobody won, because as the bet was worded it was the person with the most rings and while one guy said Haley nobody had Woicik. Hopefully Manning can reset the bar. However with sands of time running out faster and faster he better get on that horse and pickup the pace. Thanks again... GO COLTS...
brian

Lebanon, IN

#10 Aug 15, 2007
With Vinatieri playing for Indy, only fair that we let Boston have Reggie Miller.
Barb

AOL

#11 Aug 15, 2007
I think it is great that we have such a calm, veteran kicker assisting us in our next Super Bowl try. My husband and I fly back for as many games as we can to cheer for the Colts.
Hank Feely

Boston, MA

#12 Aug 15, 2007
We would never have won without Adam last year - he is the best. With all the injuries and the losses on defense, we're probably looking at giving it another run next year, but at least we have our one ring!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web