Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In NFL History

Jan 17, 2011 Full story: Footbasket 337

Tom Brady is the most overrated quarterback and the most over-hyped in NFL history! There, I said it.

Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#326 Feb 13, 2011
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMMM, seems you left out a couple things. When I went to the bleacher report I looked at the voting to the question of "DO YOU HATE TOM BRADY?" and the vote was " YES 9.4% and NO was 90.6%. Guess you left that out by accident.
The Sportsblog you want too was over a year old to start but clearly indicated that the people who hate the Pats are largely due to their success. It's called rivalry in sports. Just like Celtics and Yankees and Red Sox are all hated for the success. I do however commend you on attempting to educate yourself now keep practicing.
What success would that be for the Red Sox? One WS win in 100 years? This is how delusional you NE fans are. A bunch of drama queens: "Oh, look at the blood on Schilling's sock". Drama queens
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#327 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What success would that be for the Red Sox? One WS win in 100 years? This is how delusional you NE fans are. A bunch of drama queens: "Oh, look at the blood on Schilling's sock". Drama queens
Go back to your bleacher report site and go to archives and look up Patriots make spygate a moot point and make sure your read it. Then look up Spygate and the New England Patriots: Much ado about nothing and read that too.

Shilling pitched lights out. Who cares about a little blood.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#328 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know Dartmouth is in NH but I was waiting for the moron to mention it. Obviously thinks so little of it he FAILS to. ROTFLMAO. It's also the step sister of Ivy league, like Brown. Or at least that's what us Princeton grads think. As for cheating, there is common rule breaking (a hold here, a punch there) but Pats SYSTEMATICALLY TAPED and the cheating was SO bad that the NFL fined the team AND THE COACH ($500K to Belicheat)the greatest amounts in NFL history. No other teams were fined for that behavior he calls widespread but for which he has no proof, unlike Pats which is proven.
America hates the Pats because they cheated and we don't consider your SB wins legitmate. That's just a fact
In Bill Parcells words, " If you don't expect to have your signals stolen, your stupid."

In the words of Jimmy Johnson, " Stealing signals is a common practice, lots of teams do it."

Matt Walsh started an untrue rumor that he had tapes of the Rams walk thru before the Super Bowl and he let the media run with that story knowing it was false and in the end admitted he did not have such a tape. All Matt had to do admit he never had such a tape and it would have died right there. Instead he sat back and watched the false rumor gain momentum. There was bad blood and Matt wanted his 15 minutes of fame but he was lying. The media apologized to the Patriots for running this story without proof. Matt Walsh had been fired from the Patriots for secretly taping conversations between himself and Pats VP. What we did find out was that Belichick was just one in a litany of coaches who stole signals.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#329 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I know Dartmouth is in NH but I was waiting for the moron to mention it. Obviously thinks so little of it he FAILS to. ROTFLMAO. It's also the step sister of Ivy league, like Brown. Or at least that's what us Princeton grads think. As for cheating, there is common rule breaking (a hold here, a punch there) but Pats SYSTEMATICALLY TAPED and the cheating was SO bad that the NFL fined the team AND THE COACH ($500K to Belicheat)the greatest amounts in NFL history. No other teams were fined for that behavior he calls widespread but for which he has no proof, unlike Pats which is proven.
America hates the Pats because they cheated and we don't consider your SB wins legitmate. That's just a fact
You're so full of you know what. You're NO Princeton Grad. A Princeton Grad would never make the amount of grammatical errors in Spelling and sentence structuring that you make. If you have ever been on that campus it was to cut the grass. WTF.Hahahahaha
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#330 Feb 13, 2011
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
In Bill Parcells words, " If you don't expect to have your signals stolen, your stupid."
In the words of Jimmy Johnson, " Stealing signals is a common practice, lots of teams do it."
Matt Walsh started an untrue rumor that he had tapes of the Rams walk thru before the Super Bowl and he let the media run with that story knowing it was false and in the end admitted he did not have such a tape. All Matt had to do admit he never had such a tape and it would have died right there. Instead he sat back and watched the false rumor gain momentum. There was bad blood and Matt wanted his 15 minutes of fame but he was lying. The media apologized to the Patriots for running this story without proof. Matt Walsh had been fired from the Patriots for secretly taping conversations between himself and Pats VP. What we did find out was that Belichick was just one in a litany of coaches who stole signals.
Bleacher report was SPECULATION as to reason Pats are hated. Ask anyone outside of NE: Hated becuase they cheated. As for the rest of your excuses: NO OTHER TEAM WAS EVER ACCUSED BY ANYONE OF SYSTEMATICALLY TAPING LIKE THE CHEATING PATS. All you offer is the typical excuse of cheaters: everyone does it. "The media apologized"? Are you retarded? "The media"? Like there is one central media?
And it's true, Walsh did not have the tape. The PATRIOTS HAD IT! Wow, you take license with facts.
Maybe YOUR NE media apologized. No one did outside of NE of any merit did and we all know the truth. And the NFL fined he greatest fine in history and no other team was ever fined nor even accused by the NFL.
Pats are hated and so is Brady because NE cheated. I'm done with any further discussion with you and your pea brained NH delusions. Go feed some maple syrup to your fat, toothless girlfriend, apr for the course for NH girls
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#331 Feb 13, 2011
FROM THE NY TIMES, LIAR:
The secret taping of signals, which is against league rules, continued at least through three championship seasons to the 2007 season opener against the Jets, when the Patriots were caught and subsequently sanctioned by the league.
Belichick has said that he misinterpreted the league’s bylaws, telling Goodell that he thought it was permissible to use electronic equipment as long as the information was not used in the same game. That explanation has been greeted with disbelief by some peers and league officials.
“The rules are very, very clear,” said Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, a committee member.“There is no need to be more specific or clarify any rules whatsoever.”
Questions linger about how much of an advantage the Patriots may have had if they intercepted defensive signals. Under Belichick, the Patriots have often run a no-huddle offense, which forces opponents to quickly call a defensive play. N.F.L. rules allow quarterbacks to hear instructions from coaches — through a headset and into a speaker in the quarterback’s helmet — until there are 15 seconds left on a play clock. When the defensive play call is deciphered, the Patriots could call a play to counteract.The Patriots appear to have continued the practice of taping opposing signals for seven years. Last September, Goodell fined Belichick $500,000, fined the Patriots $250,000 and took away one of team’s first-round draft choices in 2008. After the sanctions were announced, the Patriots submitted six tapes, from games in 2006 and 2007, and some notes that dated to 2002, Goodell said. The tapes and notes were destroyed days after being handed to the league, because Goodell considered the matter closed.
But questions remain about how wide and deep the Patriots’ taping habits extended. But emerging details continue to pull the league back in time. On Feb. 2, The Boston Herald reported that the Patriots might have taped a St. Louis Rams walkthrough practice the day before the teams played in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots won, 20-17, on a last-second field goal. Belichick, speaking to The Boston Globe, recently denied that the practice was taped.
Martz was the coach of the Rams when the teams met in the Super Bowl six years ago.
He took exception to the theory that the Patriots could not have gleaned much information from taping the walkthrough. He said indeed they could, but added that was not the point.
“For somebody to say that, it’s kind of disgusting,” Martz said.“The whole point is if they really cheated. To say he took some steroids and it did help or it didn’t help, that’s never the point. The point is, to all these high school coaches and high school kids and college kids, that if they did cheat, that’s the point.”
“It’s just hard for me to fathom anyone would do anything like that,” Smith said.“I’m sure, if there’s something to it, No. 1, it will come out later. Time has a way of taking care of all things.”
Martz was asked if he wanted the N.F.L. to continue investigating the walkthrough.“Of course,” he said.“I was involved in that. I was responsible for a lot of people in that game.”
Executives dismissed any lingering notions that the Patriots’ taping opponents was a common practice around the league.
“I don’t want the outside perception to be,‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee.“Because it’s not true.”
Belichick was not seen in the hallways of the convention center Thursday. Representatives of 21 teams are scheduled to meet with reporters for news conferences from Thursday to Sunday. Belichick and the Patriots are not among them.
mike

Somerville, MA

#332 Feb 13, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
I have been saying this for the last couple of years! If his oline isn't dominating he can't do a dam thing. He looks good when there O-line is dominating. prime examples...yesterday with the Jets...his o-line was not playing well and he couldn't do anything. Peyton can succeed when his oline isn't up to snuff...he proved that all season.
and you can bet your arse if he was available today to start for the raiders,you would get on your knees and proclaim ''thank you my lord, thank you''!.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#333 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bleacher report was SPECULATION as to reason Pats are hated. Ask anyone outside of NE: Hated becuase they cheated. As for the rest of your excuses: NO OTHER TEAM WAS EVER ACCUSED BY ANYONE OF SYSTEMATICALLY TAPING LIKE THE CHEATING PATS. All you offer is the typical excuse of cheaters: everyone does it. "The media apologized"? Are you retarded? "The media"? Like there is one central media?
And it's true, Walsh did not have the tape. The PATRIOTS HAD IT! Wow, you take license with facts.
Maybe YOUR NE media apologized. No one did outside of NE of any merit did and we all know the truth. And the NFL fined he greatest fine in history and no other team was ever fined nor even accused by the NFL.
Pats are hated and so is Brady because NE cheated. I'm done with any further discussion with you and your pea brained NH delusions. Go feed some maple syrup to your fat, toothless girlfriend, apr for the course for NH girls
There you go again attacking NH girls. You must be married to a real dog. You have been embarrassed so many time in our exchanges I don't blame you for running and hiding. Have a nice life. I'm surprised they let you use a computer in a Psychiatric institution.

BTW Mr. Princeton Grad, ANY ONE is two words and Because is not spelled" becuase!!!!!"
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#334 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
FROM THE NY TIMES, LIAR:
The secret taping of signals, which is against league rules, continued at least through three championship seasons to the 2007 season opener against the Jets, when the Patriots were caught and subsequently sanctioned by the league.
Belichick has said that he misinterpreted the league’s bylaws, telling Goodell that he thought it was permissible to use electronic equipment as long as the information was not used in the same game. That explanation has been greeted with disbelief by some peers and league officials.
“The rules are very, very clear,” said Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, a committee member.“There is no need to be more specific or clarify any rules whatsoever.”
Questions linger about how much of an advantage the Patriots may have had if they intercepted defensive signals. Under Belichick, the Patriots have often run a no-huddle offense, which forces opponents to quickly call a defensive play. N.F.L. rules allow quarterbacks to hear instructions from coaches — through a headset and into a speaker in the quarterback’s helmet — until there are 15 seconds left on a play clock. When the defensive play call is deciphered, the Patriots could call a play to counteract.The Patriots appear to have continued the practice of taping opposing signals for seven years. Last September, Goodell fined Belichick $500,000, fined the Patriots $250,000 and took away one of team’s first-round draft choices in 2008. After the sanctions were announced, the Patriots submitted six tapes, from games in 2006 and 2007, and some notes that dated to 2002, Goodell said. The tapes and notes were destroyed days after being handed to the league, because Goodell considered the matter closed.
But questions remain about how wide and deep the Patriots’ taping habits extended. But emerging details continue to pull the league back in time. On Feb. 2, The Boston Herald reported that the Patriots might have taped a St. Louis Rams walkthrough practice the day before the teams played in the 2002 Super Bowl. The Patriots won, 20-17, on a last-second field goal. Belichick, speaking to The Boston Globe, recently denied that the practice was taped.
Martz was the coach of the Rams when the teams met in the Super Bowl six years ago.
He took exception to the theory that the Patriots could not have gleaned much information from taping the walkthrough. He said indeed they could, but added that was not the point.
“For somebody to say that, it’s kind of disgusting,” Martz said.“The whole point is if they really cheated. To say he took some steroids and it did help or it didn’t help, that’s never the point. The point is, to all these high school coaches and high school kids and college kids, that if they did cheat, that’s the point.”
“It’s just hard for me to fathom anyone would do anything like that,” Smith said.“I’m sure, if there’s something to it, No. 1, it will come out later. Time has a way of taking care of all things.”
Martz was asked if he wanted the N.F.L. to continue investigating the walkthrough.“Of course,” he said.“I was involved in that. I was responsible for a lot of people in that game.”
Executives dismissed any lingering notions that the Patriots’ taping oonents was a common practice around the league.
“I don’t want the outside perception to be,‘Boy, there are all these teams and they’re all doing all these things,’” said Rich McKay, the Falcons’ president and a member of the competition committee.“Because it’s not true.”
Belichick was not seen in the hallways of the convention center Thursday. Representatives of 21 teams are scheduled to meet with reporters for news conferences from Thursday to Sunday. Belichick and the Patriots are not among them.
And it was the Boston Harald who apologized to the Patriots when they found out no such tape ever existed and Welsh was lying. What else would you expect from the NY TIMES. They back the Jets and Belicheck walked out on the Jets. Have a nice summer.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#335 Feb 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
FROM THE NY TIMES, LIAR:
Executives dismissed any lingering notions that the Patriots’ taping opponents was a common practice around the league.
You lost ALL credibility when you said " From the NY Times." Have a nice summer.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#336 Feb 13, 2011
OK. This is it. Signing off till next NFL season. I usually stop on the day of the super bowl but it was fun beating up on the .......TRUTH????? Needs to change his name for sure.

Long live the New England Patriots . Thanks for a good year.
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#337 Feb 13, 2011
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text> There you go again attacking NH girls. You must be married to a real dog. You have been embarrassed so many time in our exchanges I don't blame you for running and hiding. Have a nice life. I'm surprised they let you use a computer in a Psychiatric institution.
BTW Mr. Princeton Grad, ANY ONE is two words and Because is not spelled" becuase!!!!!"
anyone is two words? What a hick retard!

And the quotes from the article say what they say. Cheating is NOT widespread, Belicheat lied and proves you are full of shit. Oh and the NE press apologized! ROTFLMAO What cowards, but then that's how they raise them in NE: Teddy and Kerry best examples
Julian

Danville, CA

#338 Feb 16, 2011
There are NO great quarterbacks in the NFL right now. I wouldn't want any of them if the game was on the line in the last 2 minutes.
I don't think any current QB belongs in the hall of fame.
Stabler Fan

Hampton, VA

#339 Feb 16, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
I have been saying this for the last couple of years! If his oline isn't dominating he can't do a dam thing. He looks good when there O-line is dominating. prime examples...yesterday with the Jets...his o-line was not playing well and he couldn't do anything. Peyton can succeed when his oline isn't up to snuff...he proved that all season.
Tom Brady is more than likely to be the winningest QB ever. 3-1 Superbowls, playoff, and reg. season wins. I don't think, even w/an 18 game schedule, he will pass P. Manning on the TDs, yards, rating.

Fact, I put Brady in the top 5 EVER with, Marino, Montana, Manning, Unitas in any order.
mike

Somerville, MA

#340 Feb 16, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
someone from california calling newenglanders ''queens''! lol,are you shitting me pal,your from the capital of fruits and nuts,phonies, fake boobs, fake hair, fake and plastic phonies. go piss up a rope fruitcake.
Dee

Providence, RI

#341 Feb 26, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
You are soooooooo wrong!!! Tom Brady is the best QB review his resume...enough said!
Patriots R Gay

Irving, TX

#342 Nov 10, 2011
Tom Brady sucks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
Falcons, Steelers, Colts, Seahawks clinch divis... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 1
Manning's drive leads Colts past Titans 23-20 (Jan '11) Jan '11 Steve Tellers 2
More from around the web