Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quart...

Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In NFL History

There are 337 comments on the Footbasket story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In NFL History. In it, Footbasket reports that:

Tom Brady is the most overrated quarterback and the most over-hyped in NFL history! There, I said it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Footbasket.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
RaiderFaith

Cary, NC

#1 Jan 17, 2011
I have been saying this for the last couple of years! If his oline isn't dominating he can't do a dam thing. He looks good when there O-line is dominating. prime examples...yesterday with the Jets...his o-line was not playing well and he couldn't do anything. Peyton can succeed when his oline isn't up to snuff...he proved that all season.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#2 Jan 17, 2011
Ummmmmm, it's a team sport.........

does this mean a pro bowl offensive tackle is over rated if his QB is not very good.....

Sounds like someones jealousy is showing.
RaiderFaith

Raleigh, NC

#3 Jan 17, 2011
Are you really this dumb? if you put Jason Campbell behind the Patriots O-line when they are playing well you would all of the sudden see a much improved QB. That said look what Manning did this season and his O-line was shaky at best. Then look what happen sunday when Patriots line was shaky? that's the difference. What is there to be jealous of anyways? Brady is over rated? there are two things Brady has I am Jealous of...a pro football career and money. Aside from that who cares. I am Jealous of all NFL Players for that same reason.
LOL wrote:
does this mean a pro bowl offensive tackle is over rated if his QB is not very good.....
18andDONEwithout CHEATING

Greencastle, IN

#4 Jan 17, 2011
I think Rex Ryan proved this one to be true.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jan 17, 2011
He's still in the top 10 of all time. He lost because he had no longball threat, thanks to his boss trading Moss.

Greencastle, IN

#6 Jan 17, 2011
Gomer wrote:
He's still in the top 10 of all time. He lost because he had no longball threat, thanks to his boss trading Moss.
1.I'll take Peyton any day over Brady but as much as I hate to say it just by a hair.

2.Tom Brady lost for 2 reasons he didn't have a second deep (you can't just reley on one deep threat to beat the Jets) but most important of all his team had no defense what so ever. Having no defense is the main reason why Tom Brady lost and until Belichick starts drafting some pass rushing LB's Brady's defense will continue to suck and be overrated and he will continue to lose opening round playoff games.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#7 Jan 17, 2011
18andDONEwithoutCHEATING wrote:
<quoted text>
1.I'll take Peyton any day over Brady but as much as I hate to say it just by a hair.
2.Tom Brady lost for 2 reasons he didn't have a second deep (you can't just reley on one deep threat to beat the Jets) but most important of all his team had no defense what so ever. Having no defense is the main reason why Tom Brady lost and until Belichick starts drafting some pass rushing LB's Brady's defense will continue to suck and be overrated and he will continue to lose opening round playoff games.
Just like the Colts.....the Pats have relied TOO much for TOO long on their QB's too make winning happen.
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#8 Jan 17, 2011
LOL wrote:
Someone MIGHT have been jealous years ago, but Brady hasn't won aSupoer Bowl in 6 years. And when they did win, they were cheating. Since the cheating scandal came to light (the LARGEST FINES IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL) they have never won a Super Bowl. Enough said. They were over rated this year and exited quickly.
Truth

Mill Valley, CA

#9 Jan 17, 2011
Gomer wrote:
Excuses. So, Belicheat is a lousy coach since he obviously didn't provide his team with what was needed? Yes. Also, many teams don't have a deep threat, or a great running back or a great tight end or whatever and they go on to win the Super Bowl. Fact is Brady isn't that smart and Ryan fooled him with a new defensive scheme. Unless Brady has seen it multiple times before and Belicheat tells him what to do, he fails. That "deer in the headlights" look he had all game against the Jets was priceless!
Pistons Eat Poop

Madison, IN

#10 Jan 18, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the Colts.....the Pats have relied TOO much for TOO long on their QB's too make winning happen.
The Patriots lost mainly because they have NO DEFENSE the Colts lost because the Jets got lucky and injuries. But honestly I don't mind my team losing to the Jets because it got them the 22nd instead of 26th draft pick and it got the Patriots out of the playoffs along with back2back home playoff loses for the first time in franchise history.

Madison, IN

#11 Jan 18, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses. So, Belicheat is a lousy coach since he obviously didn't provide his team with what was needed? Yes. Also, many teams don't have a deep threat, or a great running back or a great tight end or whatever and they go on to win the Super Bowl. Fact is Brady isn't that smart and Ryan fooled him with a new defensive scheme. Unless Brady has seen it multiple times before and Belicheat tells him what to do, he fails. That "deer in the headlights" look he had all game against the Jets was priceless!
Don't forget his defense also failed him.
tom brady

Springfield, GA

#12 Jan 18, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone MIGHT have been jealous years ago, but Brady hasn't won aSupoer Bowl in 6 years. And when they did win, they were cheating. Since the cheating scandal came to light (the LARGEST FINES IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL) they have never won a Super Bowl. Enough said. They were over rated this year and exited quickly.
jets did not get caught cheating yet

Madison, IN

#13 Jan 18, 2011
tom brady wrote:
<quoted text>jets did not get caught cheating yet
Oh shut up about that BS, the Jets don't cheat and you know it.
silentowl

Modesto, CA

#14 Jan 18, 2011
I think Tom Brady is a great QB, but I think he lost his stamina during the game against the Jets. Could it be related to that paper cup he seemed to be sniffing before the game started? Looked pretty suspicious to me.
fan

Baton Rouge, LA

#15 Jan 18, 2011
Tom Brady ROCKS dont hate on him!!!!!!!

Madison, IN

#16 Jan 18, 2011
fan wrote:
Tom Brady ROCKS dont hate on him!!!!!!!
He sure didn't rock last weekend.
JACK

Mclean, VA

#17 Jan 18, 2011
Gomer wrote:
i agree

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jan 18, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the guy who "isn't that smart" won 14 games this year.
concerned

Bronx, NY

#19 Jan 18, 2011
T. Brady had one of his best years, please one game does not make a player... Hands down he is the MVP

Madison, IN

#20 Jan 18, 2011
concerned wrote:
T. Brady had one of his best years, please one game does not make a player... Hands down he is the MVP
It does in the playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
News Falcons, Steelers, Colts, Seahawks clinch divis... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 1
News Manning's drive leads Colts past Titans 23-20 (Jan '11) Jan '11 Steve Tellers 2
More from around the web