Despite issues, team's pride shines i...

Despite issues, team's pride shines in defeat

There are 1024 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 12, 2007, titled Despite issues, team's pride shines in defeat. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Adam Vinatieri missed a clutch kick. Sure, and the Pope will be hosting a toga party at the Vatican on Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 52
Next Last
Jake

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2007
Good article to cheer us up, Bob. Granted, the Colts played with back-ups and almost came back. Our problem lies in the special team. Until we have a good punt return defense, why don't we just kick it into the end zone everytime?
Steve Grogan

Boston, MA

#2 Nov 12, 2007
Headline: Mr. Clutch Out of Gear, Colts Accuse Pats of Cheating

Benedict Vinatieri, I guess your great-great grandpappy’s miss at Little Big Horn is no longer the biggest miss in your family tree. I think your epic choke last night with that shanked 29-yard chip shot supplants old Felix’s miss. The look of shock on your face…priceless.

Speaking of chokes, Headline: The Indy Strangler Strikes Again, Sets Franchise Record

Peyton Manning, the infamous Indy Strangler, maintained his chokehold on the collective heart of Colt Nation, throwing a personal-best and franchise-record 6 interceptions in the Colts’ 23-21 roller coaster ride of a loss to the less-than-impressive San Diego Chargers.
hankster

Running Springs, CA

#3 Nov 12, 2007
Indy "deserved to win the game"? How do you figure that? Waaaaaah waaah waah! Dungy has a lot of class, so don't spoil it with your trash comments. Noone deserves to win, except the winner. And, folks that was the Chargers who got the W and deserved to win.

Since: Jul 07

Bloomington

#4 Nov 12, 2007
No one should be in a game when you have 6 INTs, 2 special teams scores and a depleted roster. Not to mention some bad officiating and a Hall of Fame kicker going 0-2 (one being a 29 yard game winner).

Somehow the Colts were. So, its not the end of the world.
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Nov 12, 2007
patswin07 wrote:
Boy did that manning ever connect on some spectacular throws tonight...
Oh, what's that you say? Those throws were to the OPPOSING team? Oops, my bad. Sorry.
But, wait, isn't that what he ALWAYS does??? LOL.
What a sorry loser manning is-- and, after watching the Cowboys-Giants game earlier today, it's clear that CHOKING runs in the family... Damn, the two manning brothers TOGETHER don't make up a half-decent NFL QB.
The highlight of the night for me, was watching manning on the bench-- mumbling and shaking his head-- and giving dirty looks to his teammates, like THEY'RE the ones who blew the game. Typical manning-- it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Yeah, never mind those 6 picks I threw (which would have been closer to TEN if he didn't deliberately throw the ball at his receiver's FEET in the second half so that NO ONE would catch them) it was the refs, the field-goal kicker, my recievers running bad routes, blah, blah, blah (head-shaking intensifying).
manning is a fraud. There isn't a SINGLE PERSON outside of Indy who has ANY doubts about who the winner is in the Brady/manning debate any more. manning has embarassed himself over the past two Sundays-- and proved he has NO CLASS with his sideline displays tonight.
But what else can you expect from a fraud QB on a CHEATING team like the colts? When they couldn't pipe in crowd noise, jam sideline communications, or bribe the refs, guess what happened? Right-- you could have bet the ranch on THAT outcome. I did, as a matter of fact-- and am a much richer man because of it tonight.
That's the last the Patriots will hear from the colts THIS season. The "pretty ponies" won't be making the playoffs, which should at least save manning some unnecessary neck strain-- as he won't have to shake his head after each of the TEN picks he's throw against the Patriots, alone, outside the dome.
COLTS = CHEATERS!!!
PATRIOTS, 19-0. BOOK IT.
EAT IT, SHULA.
After the first few words I stoped reading, cause your a jim rome wannabe and a true loser in life. by the way that striper you give all your money to she aint ya girlfriend. so you eat it LOSER!
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Nov 12, 2007
Like true media bob is for whoever wins.
Avid Reader

Westfield, IN

#9 Nov 12, 2007
WHY? Try for an off sides call and lose the 5 yards on a penalty. Very poor judgement here! The TEAM on the field is not the TEAM that can pull this off. Yes Adam should have kicked it in....but why move him back 5 yards. Very disappointed...we could of...should of...
Big Dave

Cross Plains, IN

#11 Nov 12, 2007
Boy it is great to be disliked from Patsy fans.It will even greater when we come to New England and kick your butts in the playoffs.Don't you Pats fan have other things to do at 3:30 in the morning?Hey,Go to the Globe and blog?Oh ya.You idiots don't have a blog to go to.We'll be back!!!
PatsFan wrote:
HA! HA!
EX COLTS FAN

Monon, IN

#12 Nov 12, 2007
THIS WAS THE LAST STRAW. I HAVE HAD IT WITH THE COLTS.
John

Bedford, MA

#13 Nov 12, 2007
They deserved to win?! Injuries, 6 ints, 2 missed field goals, 2 special teams touchdowns allowed and they deserved to win? Bob, you sound like a moron. Are you at all, objective?
Chargers skeptic

San Diego, CA

#14 Nov 12, 2007
Hey everybody, take a look at the intelligence of every note posted by "PatsWin07" on EVERY board on this site.

As I wrote elsewhere, even though "PatsWin07" missed the point of my posts, he has demonstrated it brilliantly with his very arrogance.

To "PatsWin07" --

I bet you're a hit with the Patriots organization. Mr. Kraft and Coach Bill would want you out there, front and center with your class-less bragging.

Coach Bill himself would love your trash talk and adore you like his child. The Patriots' players are classy but fans like you make the world root against you. Not only are you a know-it-all, you're in love with making childish predictions. Oh yeah, that's another Coach Bill tactic. NOT.

Read my posts more carefully and then take a Xanax or some meds, whatever. Store up your energy for the Super Bowl. You ARE favored, of course. Anything less is unacceptable, right? Coach Bill is making no such predictions. As silent as he is toward fans and to the press, he's a great motivator and hates show-boating. So in my view, you're a poor representative of Patriot Nation.

P.S.-- Seriously, I think "PatsWin07" should get some counseling. He reminds me of the type of fan who literally can't function just before or after a game. Or more to the point, he can't think or express himself intelligently before or after a game. We all like to scream our heads off during games, but even in Patriot Nation, most appear to be pretty sane to me as they savor each win with satisfaction.(As they should.)

People like "PatsWin07" transform Patriots fans into the football equivalent of New York Yankees fans. Before long, he'll have every NFL fan rooting against the Patriots. I still remember the Pats spectacular first Super Bowl win against the Rams. After the second and third, I still felt their fans were classy.

"PatsWin07" brings out the worst in Patriot Nation. Somebody call a cop, "PatsWin07" does not represent the attitude of the New England Patriots organization or its fan base.

Now here's "PatsWin07's" turn to tell me to "stick it."
Steve T

Forestdale, MA

#15 Nov 12, 2007
DISCLAIMER: I'm a Patriots fan.

I have a lot of respect for the reigning World Champion Colts - but you can't be serious with this column Bob.

Peyton Manning is a hands-down first ballot Hall of Famer, but to call him a Superstar tonight is ridiculous. He played awful - period. On top of the 6 picks, he threw a number of other passes that weren't anywhere near his receivers.

"The Colts don't have to apologize for a loss like this" and "deserved to win"? Did you actually see how hideous the Colts' specials teams played?

I really hope Bob writes like this just to charge up people who are intelligent about football, because this column was worse than the Colts performance last night. You guys should have CRUSHED the Chargers. Philip Rivers is the biggest fraud in the NFL.

I tell you this - if I were a Colts fan with any appreciation for reality, I wouldn't be too prideful this morning. I'd be pretty worried about the future of this team.

Most everyone in the league will grant that the Colts have an arsenal of starting talent. But injuries are a part of this game that every team must deal with. That's why depth is so important.

I'm not here to rub in an ugly loss to a weak Chargers team on Colts fans, but I had to reply to this stupid column. I come to this site to hear the local opinion/view from Colts-land. If Bob truly represents the local perspective, then perhaps most Colts fans need more heavy doses of reality like tonight's game.

If not, then I'd like someone to let me know where I can find some intelligent Colts analysis. Thanks.
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Nov 12, 2007
PatsFan wrote:
HA! HA!
Your from canadon't you know nothing about football.
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Nov 12, 2007
Why don't all of you pats losers get a life? Oh, that's right you have no life so you have to live vicariously through your sports teams. I'll take Manning and the third string Colts players over tha pats anyday. Why don't you spend your time more constructively, like by cutting the sleeves off of your hoodie so you can look like your beloved dictator.
Greg Nichols

Czech Republic

#18 Nov 12, 2007
I posted before the New England game that the Colts should LOCK Adam Vinatierri in the dressing room UNLESS he was needed for a DESPERATION last second field goal to win the game. In other words, the Colts had to go for the touchdowns against New England and not settle for field goals. I knew last week that the Colts were going to lose after their first two scores were only field goals. Again, this week they relied on the kicker that would have only given them a 1 point lead instead of a touchdown that would have made San Diego march the lenght of the field with 1:30 left. The point that I am trying to make is that the big difference between the Colts and the Pats is that the Colts offense settles for toooooooooooo many field goals while the Pats score touchdowns. If you look at the Colts and New Englands touchdown to field gaol ratio, the Colts trail by a wide margin. New England also has gone for it on 4th down around 14 times compared to the Colts 3 times which shows the Pats are thinking more touchdown than field goals. If this does not change, the Colts will get blownout in New England in January.
Herblore

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#20 Nov 12, 2007
I felt something break in Manning late in the game against the Patriots.
Am I the only one who sensed it?
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Nov 12, 2007
PatsfanBob wrote:
LET THE EXCUSES AND THE CRYING BEGIN!
I didn't read any excuses in the article. He basically said the kicker missed, sh** happens, and life goes on. Maybe you're crying bob because you had nothing to do this weekend since the pats didn't play. I'm guessing that you realized you had no life when there was nothing for you to do but sit in your mom's basement, look at pictures of girls on the interent, and post rude comments about other teams.
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Nov 12, 2007
PatsFan wrote:
HA! HA!
Just looked at yourself in the mirror, huh?
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Nov 12, 2007
patswin07 wrote:
Boy did that manning ever connect on some spectacular throws tonight...
Oh, what's that you say? Those throws were to the OPPOSING team? Oops, my...
Wow, you really have no life whatsoever and have some major psychological issues.
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Nov 12, 2007
hankster wrote:
Indy "deserved to win the game"? How do you figure that? Waaaaaah waaah waah! Dungy has a lot of class, so don't spoil it with your trash comments. Noone deserves to win, except the winner. And, folks that was the Chargers who got the W and deserved to win.
The chargers did not deserve to win. Their offense is worthless. The only reason they won is because the Colts' special teams sucks. The Colts lost the game; the chargers did not win it. The chargers were just the lucky recepient of a gift-wrapped victory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Vinatieri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indy trying to get kinks fixed after 16-13 OT w... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 3
News Looking At Thursday: The Colts Make Me Laugh (Aug '14) Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Colts lead 17 - 6 over the Vikings at half time (Sep '12) Sep '12 Luck E Day 2
News Tom Brady Is the Most Overrated Quarterback In ... (Jan '11) Nov '11 Patriots R Gay 337
News Stover to call it a career (May '11) Sep '11 Hurrahfarts 2
News Never, Ever Dismiss the Patriots (Jan '07) Jan '11 18andDONEwithoutC... 60
News Jets won't be scared of Patriots (Jan '11) Jan '11 Realist 2
More from around the web