Flacco hits bottom against Steelers

Full story: Baltimore Sun 35
The rookie turned in the worst outing of his career in the 13-9 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last night at M&T Bank Stadium . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobby

New York, NY

#21 Dec 15, 2008
magicman wrote:
<quoted text>
Roethlisberger did not go to the Superbowl as a rookie. When he did go he set the record for lowest QB rating for a wining QB. If you thing Roethlisberger hasn't improved over his years in the lague then you don't know football. Do you have any idea what peyton Manning's first year stats look like or how his team played. It's way to early to make any statement about how good or bad Flacco will be. Another question to ponder. How many QB have looked good against the Steelers D this year.
In addition to that, Roethlisberger success has been helped largely in part by two key factors. 1. Pittsburgh defense and 2. a strong running game. Without those two factors we may never know truly how good Roethlisberger is. With that being said, I still think he would be shade out of top 5 in the league but is getting top 3 money. Not because he plays for the steelers but based off of the numbers.
Josh

Hyattsville, MD

#22 Dec 15, 2008
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition to that, Roethlisberger success has been helped largely in part by two key factors. 1. Pittsburgh defense and 2. a strong running game. Without those two factors we may never know truly how good Roethlisberger is. With that being said, I still think he would be shade out of top 5 in the league but is getting top 3 money. Not because he plays for the steelers but based off of the numbers.
the running game is certainly not there this year, and while he may not have the numbers this year he had last year he's engineer 4 4th quarter game winning/tying drives this season when it seemed like the steelers offense would have let down the D yet again...if tom brady is mr. clutch, big ben is a close 2nd, and worth every penny
Norris

Nottingham, MD

#23 Dec 15, 2008
The Ravens are far exceeding expectations. They've accomplished a great deal, and they don't need to go to the playoffs to prove it...although I think they will. Those who can, play and those who cannot (like me) just write to blogs like this and the rest of you! Enjoy the games. It's a sport not a religion.
steveg

Centreville, MD

#25 Dec 15, 2008
Flacco has shown he has a good arm, good mobility, good vision, and I think he is on his way to showing good sense and decision making. What really impresses me though, and I think this is maybe the most important trait of a good QB, is his poise. He doesn't get too up or too down, and seems to remain calm when all h**l is breaking loose around him. I think he will be a leader who inspires trust and confidence in those around him, and helps his team mates to be better. That is the key: leading a team.
larry g

Ellicott City, MD

#26 Dec 15, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>that's the same thing I said. That would have sealed it for sure.
GHT , you don't miss a thing
Steelerdave

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Dec 15, 2008
Flacco will be a good QB.

Flacco did not "turn in" a performance. He was forced to perform that way.

...sportswriters...
Kev

Havre De Grace, MD

#28 Dec 15, 2008
Where is Troy Smith aka Mr. Instant Offense? Bring him on. Yes, I said it and perhaps the same is being said in the Ravens locker room. The coaching staff sat McGhee for a much better runner in McClain at this part of the year and should allow the rookie to sit back on a couple of snaps and watch the game played by Smith from the bench. Granted, Flacco is not making all of the rookie mistakes like Boller however he seems to be having problems reading the game on the go. Way to much presure in the pocket minus a plan to escape. Also, way to much presure on a rookie QB who may have beliefs that if they don't win this year then maybe next year. Go Ravens!
McGahee_SUX

Holland, MI

#29 Dec 15, 2008
Jim In Brooksville wrote:
"Feeling pressure to his right, Flacco slid left, but he could not avoid getting sacked and stripped by linebacker Lawrence Timmons." And why was Timmons there? Check the film. He slid right by McGahee untouched.
The reason we lost was because Ray Rice was not playing. McGahee is a liability.
Yeah that turd didnt even impede him for a nano second. BUT Clameron shouldnt had that nitwit in there to begin with.

“Everyone has something to say”

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#30 Dec 15, 2008
The Ravens needed to ditch the conservative play calling. After Santonio's fumble, they were obviously settling for the field goal - Billick-style.

Flacco is only a rookie, but the Ravens respected the Steelers way too much. The Steelers defense is wicked, but don't close the playbook because of it. I though the trick plays and open offense that the Ravens practiced against the sub-par oppenents they've faced were to set them up for games like this. Last night, the offense took a huge step backwards…and it starts with the entire game plan…and ends with Flacco's rookie-defining execution. The Steelers were good, but they showed very little trust in Flacco after a slow start. You can't win a game 3-4 yards at a time. Not against a stout D like the Steelers.

Here's to an improved game Thursday. The Cowboys are really good on defense. Solid secondary and great pass rush. It should be interesting. Go Ravens!!!!

“Everyone has something to say”

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#31 Dec 15, 2008
er…Saturday…
ocjohn

Berlin, MD

#32 Dec 15, 2008
poiu wrote:
Flacco is no Roethlisberger; Ben was making plays and going to the Super Bowl as a rookie so saying Flacco is "only 23" or "he's just a rookie" DO NOT PAN OUT! Winners win and the elite rise to the top; losers and wannabes make excuses; Roethlisberger is a winner and an elite QB, Flacco isn't.
Your correct but Roethlisberger has been QB for about 4 years, has WRs who has played with him for that long, so let's not compare the two. In camp Kyle "remember Boller" and Troy Smith got most of the snaps but then got hurt leaving Joe F. to start the season. Let's compare them in 4 years, dud, or is that dude.
Yard Birds

AOL

#33 Dec 15, 2008
Funny, there were posts claiming Flacco was the best. Not so best now huh.
Peej

Atlanta, GA

#34 Dec 16, 2008
Norris wrote:
The Ravens are far exceeding expectations. They've accomplished a great deal, and they don't need to go to the playoffs to prove it...although I think they will. Those who can, play and those who cannot (like me) just write to blogs like this and the rest of you! Enjoy the games. It's a sport not a religion.
Too true! Moreover, as fans, we are naturally optimistic. This year's Ravens have done well, but the future for this team is looking very, VERY good!
RavensWinFan

Alexandria, VA

#35 Dec 16, 2008
Reality wrote:
I think Joe and Cam are brilliant when we win and not so cool when we lose, but that's just me.
I think the Ravens are the best when they win but totally suck when they lose. I might be a genius.
Brian Billick

Alexandria, VA

#36 Dec 16, 2008
I told Cam which plays to call. I thought I would try and help the Ravens out since I was so good at beating the Steelers. I think Kyle Boller would have won that game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tomlin-Era Drafts Have Stunted Steelers' Growth (Dec '12) Dec '12 justa 2
Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
An alternative to drafting a NT (Feb '12) Feb '12 Extent 4
Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
Steelers Take Heyward In 1st Round | WBNS-10TV,... (Apr '11) Apr '11 SLT 3
Ravens, Steelers fans flock to local bars (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 41
Browns potentially could ruin Steelers' season (Dec '10) Dec '10 ManofSteel 1
•••
•••

Aaron Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••