Patriots Take Steeler's Guarantee In Stride

There are 20 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Patriots Take Steeler's Guarantee In Stride. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Some would say foolish. Meet Steelers safety Anthony Smith, a second-year pro out of Syracuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Vienna, VA

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Okay so this manufactured Guarantee is just another example of how the media wants soooo badly for the Patriots to steam-roll the Steelers. Anthony smith didnt say anything that wasnt true. I mean come on now what coach in the NFL doesn't tell his players, his team that if they do what they are supposed to do then they will win the game? He showed faith in his coaches and his coordinators (Like he should as a player) and merely stated that fact. The Ravens could learn from critiquing their coaches in the media and not face to face.....Showing and proving they have a lack of respect for their staff when out on that field on Sundays.
steelerfandan

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Dec 7, 2007
stopped their streak before watch us do it again!!!!!!!
STEELCURTAIN74

Akron, OH

#3 Dec 7, 2007
GO STEELERS BEAT THE PATS!!!!

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#4 Dec 7, 2007
Where have you guys been? Yea!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!
BIG SHOT

Hartford, CT

#5 Dec 7, 2007
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!
BIG SHOT

Hartford, CT

#6 Dec 7, 2007
BLACK
AND
GOLD
FOREVER!!!!!!!

“Steelers Forever”

Cranberry Township PA

#8 Dec 7, 2007
BIG SHOT wrote:
BLACK
AND
GOLD
FOREVER!!!!!!!
Ata Boy BIG SHOT!
HEART MADE OF STEEL

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 7, 2007
IM SORRY PATRIOTS BUT YOUR TIME IS UP!!!
Slick McSteel

Slippery Rock, PA

#10 Dec 8, 2007
HEART MADE OF STEEL wrote:
You betcha buddy. I'm there 100%. The patriots are losing tomorrow.
skidrow wilson

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Dec 8, 2007
BIG SHOT wrote:
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!
...que sound effect of downward spiral toilet flush...another demoralized group of unfortunates...the steeeeelahhhhhs. LOL
Jeff Newcomer Ashland Oh

Ashland, OH

#12 Dec 8, 2007
So you tell me whats wrong inbelieving in yourself,last i heard the man who believes wins,conffedence i think they call it,if you think your a loser,your a loser...
Jeff Newcomer Ashland Oh

Ashland, OH

#13 Dec 8, 2007
Patriots suck ass! Steelers rule the NFL.the rest are just worthless and weak,sorry BOYS no perfect record this year....

“Steelers Forever”

Cranberry Township PA

#14 Dec 8, 2007
HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!
ward

Worcester, MA

#15 Dec 9, 2007
Here we go patriots!!!!!!!!!! Kick the $hit out of those Steelers, make them use those crying towels. We are going all the way this year! Go Patriots. oh yeh steelers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
ward

Worcester, MA

#16 Dec 9, 2007
We are going to win because the cards are in our favor, A♠,K♠,Q ♠,J♠,10 ♠!!!!
ward

Worcester, MA

#17 Dec 9, 2007
oh yeh &#9824 stands for spade
ward

Worcester, MA

#18 Dec 9, 2007
Steelerfandan I am still watching. you got lucky once and thats that!

“Stop the Insanity!”

Since: Oct 07

Many places

#19 Dec 9, 2007
Jeff Newcomer Ashland Oh wrote:
So you tell me whats wrong inbelieving in yourself,last i heard the man who believes wins,conffedence i think they call it,if you think your a loser,your a loser...
He guaranteed a win... you don't do that, especially when you are a nobody on the team. Especially when you do not want to give the other team bulletin board fodder. Especially if you will have no impact on the game. If Big Bad Ben guaranteed it, maybe people would have taken it more seriously. I just loved how he said he's been a winner his whole life... have you seen his record at SU? What a joke. Is he talking about HS? Dude, teh NFL ain't HS football.
SONNY O

Arlington, MA

#20 Dec 9, 2007
Jeff Newcomer Ashland Oh wrote:
Patriots suck ass! Steelers rule the NFL.the rest are just worthless and weak,sorry BOYS no perfect record this year....
your arithmatic is a little off the boys already have a perfect record The Steelers are the team with napkins under their chin with their 3 three tres losses!!!
SONNY O

Arlington, MA

#21 Dec 9, 2007
HEART MADE OF STEEL wrote:
Heart of steel NO Head of sreel YEA and by your comments you should stay out of the rain ....its starting to rust up ...The Patriots time is not up
thats the direction they're going

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tomlin-Era Drafts Have Stunted Steelers' Growth (Dec '12) Dec '12 justa 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Kevin Colbert Understands ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 steel pony 1
News An alternative to drafting a NT (Feb '12) Feb '12 Extent 4
News Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
News Steelers Take Heyward In 1st Round | WBNS-10TV,... (Apr '11) Apr '11 SLT 3
News Ravens, Steelers fans flock to local bars (Jan '11) Jan '11 Hair 41
News Browns potentially could ruin Steelers' season (Dec '10) Dec '10 ManofSteel 1
More from around the web