Giants lose Mitchell, Torbor and Wilson

Giants lose Mitchell, Torbor and Wilson

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Giants lose Mitchell, Torbor and Wilson. In it, Newsday reports that:

Well, that was quick. The Giants had hoped to retain three key free agents, but it was only a matter of hours Friday when they lost them all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Tom Coughlin

New York, NY

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Ungrateful sons of unmarried dogs...
Big Blue

Elizabeth, NJ

#2 Feb 29, 2008
I hope those three like losing....because that what those teams will be doing.
wolly

Wayne, NJ

#3 Feb 29, 2008
you really cant hate on thm, they got bigger pay days. at the end of the day its a business. I wont miss them we can replace them
wmuccone1

Portsmouth, VA

#4 Feb 29, 2008
we have wilkinson to take mitchell, torbor oh well
and wilson's replacement bring on deangelo hall
Eric

United States

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Not worried about replacing them. wmuccone1, DeAngelo Hall can't replace Gibril Wilson. Hall is a CB and Wilson is a safety.
Catman Du

Glassboro, NJ

#7 Feb 29, 2008
I like carrots.

Since: Jan 08

Oakdale, NY

#8 Feb 29, 2008
Out of those three, youd've Liked to sign Wilson,.....
But he broke the bank, man. Not much you can do about that.
Virginia Tech pup

Springfield Gardens, NY

#9 Feb 29, 2008
cut schockey
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#10 Feb 29, 2008
Big Blue wrote:
OK, first off although the Colts are by far my favorite sports team. I still like the Giants because of Eli Manning. I was so happy to see them kick the Patriots ass in the last super bowl. I hate the Pats more then any other team and here in the mid west I'll admit we got a few Giants fans and lots of Manning fans. But it is extreemly, extreemly rare to find a Pats fan round here.

But keep in mind that Kawika Mitchell signed with the Bills, the one team that has a shot at knocking the Pats out of the playoffs by winning their devision. So I dunno about you, but I for one am all for Kawika Mitchell doing good because it would be nice to for once finally see the Pats dynasty be OFFICIALLY OVER. And Giants fans be right when they called the team 18 and DONE.

And for the record, I could care less about the other 2 stuges. As far as I'm concerned their teams won't be doing shit for a while. And I am all for Strayhann coming back to the Giants.

Paul Yanks

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 29, 2008
Big Blue wrote:
So will now their former team...grab a ring and go...
incentive

Stamford, CT

#12 Mar 1, 2008
wow play well in 07 and
SHOW ME THE MONEY!
BigBlue60

AOL

#13 Mar 1, 2008
They can ust their extra money on a psychiatrist , cause their gonna need one playing for those losers !!
wmuccone1

Portsmouth, VA

#14 Mar 1, 2008
Eric wrote:
Not worried about replacing them. wmuccone1, DeAngelo Hall can't replace Gibril Wilson. Hall is a CB and Wilson is a safety.
sorry about that but deangelo would be a great addition to help the secondary
also kiwanuka is coming back at lb or dline depending on strahan and i know we have tuck to step in also for strahan if strahan retires
Al Bundy

Mahwah, NJ

#15 Mar 1, 2008
Giants already have the 2 LB's replaced with Kiwanuka & Wilkinson
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#16 Mar 1, 2008
18 and DONE

Utica, KY

#18 Mar 1, 2008
KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
like i try to tell young fans just root for the team and their uniform because this is a business and players move around. good luck to these players and thanks for being a part of this championship season
Yeah, I know what you mean. The last 4 years in free agency 3 out of those 4 years, my team the Colts had double digit free agent losses. But you know what Manning, Polian, and Dungy still worked their magic and took the team to the playoffs. So Giants fans, don't stop believing (a message from one Manning fan to another) Reese, Manning, Spagnola, and Cofflin will work their magic just like Dungy, Peyton, and Polian and get make every thing pan out. Just wait till next season.

PS.
Don't forget the Pats are FINALLY GETTING BIT IN THE BUTT WITH FREE AGENCY BECAUSE:

A.since 04 they haven't lost more then 7 guys to free agency in one year.

B.They have like 20 guys who are free agents this season (not counting the ones already released).

C.NFL Networks has already named then the "biggest losers in free agency".

And on my final note, the Colts (not counting Booger & Morris, since they were out most of last season) only have like 5 free agent guys left. And NFL networks has already said that the Giants losing these guys won't hurt your team that much next season. The Giants are still a good team, look on the positive side of things coming from one Manning fan to another Mathias Kewineaku will be back.
Tom Coughlin

New York, NY

#19 Mar 1, 2008
...they were all 5 minutes late anyway. Break a leg, guys---seriously. Adios.
AZ Pete

United States

#20 Mar 1, 2008
Not to worry. Who thought the G-men would get this far last season! Reese has the ability to put another good team together. Maybe another Duel in the Desert in 2012.
Susan

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Mar 1, 2008
Can't believe you would leave the SuperBowl Champs that quickly. I am sorry to see them go but the Giants will be ok!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Hernandez associate pleads not guilty to ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Giants Place Aaron Ross on IR, Activat... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Offseason Needs: Corn... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Charles 1
News Jags D Much Better With Cox, Mathis (Oct '12) Jan '13 Norma 4
News Jaguars salary cap space 2013: Plenty to spend (Jan '13) Jan '13 norma 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars: 5 Reasons Team Will Impro... (May '12) May '12 well 2
News New York Giants 2012 Offseason: New York $3.4 M... (Apr '12) Apr '12 flbadcatowner 1
More from around the web