Bear of a task for underdogs

Bear of a task for underdogs

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 28, 2008, titled Bear of a task for underdogs. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Before landing here Monday to begin a week in which he hopes his players will say nothing memorable, Giants coach Tom Coughlin talked to his team back in New York about, well, being remembered.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Barry Newman

Portland, OR

#1 Jan 29, 2008
As a Bears fan who is still paying for his trip to Miami last year to watch the Bears lose, and as a longer time Giants fan, I couldn't have said this better. Probably Tom Coughlin will never read this piece, but he should, and he and the rest of the Giants should take it to heart. Unfortunately the Bears didn't have it to read before they went to Miami last year because it would have done them well to have read it. Players AND teams have no guarantee to return there. It's your shot, make the most of it. The Patriots know this by heart. In order to win this week the entire Giants team will need it inscribed on their hearts.
John

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2008
Grossman didn't have a good playoff run. Eli and Rex don't even compare, even if their stats are similar.

Eli's best is simply much better than Rex's best.

I have no beef with anything else. I just don't like comparisons based on stats. Actually, Eli's play and stats in this playoff has been great.
John

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2008
Of course that isn't to say I think Rex stinks. I think the opposite. I think he is a guy who is a victim of impatience.

Could very well be a good player, not great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Hernandez associate pleads not guilty to ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Giants Place Aaron Ross on IR, Activat... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Offseason Needs: Corn... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Charles 1
News Jags D Much Better With Cox, Mathis (Oct '12) Jan '13 Norma 4
News Jaguars salary cap space 2013: Plenty to spend (Jan '13) Jan '13 norma 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars: 5 Reasons Team Will Impro... (May '12) May '12 well 2
News New York Giants 2012 Offseason: New York $3.4 M... (Apr '12) Apr '12 flbadcatowner 1
More from around the web