Giants return to Dallas, face Cowboys...

Giants return to Dallas, face Cowboys a 3rd time

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Giants return to Dallas, face Cowboys a 3rd time. In it, Newsday reports that:

The circumstances were as ideal as you could have asked. The Giants were 6-2, playing at home and well-rested after a bye week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2008
Congrats to the G men and most of their fans. There are a few in section 329 that I'm holding back my good wishes from. Enjoy it this week. But remember, before all those visions of grandeur start to take on momentum as you watch and listen to the "experts" tell you the Giants have a chance, the Bucs were not the Dallas Cowboys! Don't be fooled by a rough December in Cowboy land. They will be rested and very hungry as they start their Super Bowl run. So make all of your Jessica Simpson jokes now, chant all of your stupid Romo rhymes, and get your giggles out, because next Sunday night the party's over! Something along the lines of COWBOYS 34 - Giants 17.
CJD

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Tony wrote:
Congrats to the G men and most of their fans. There are a few in section 329 that I'm holding back my good wishes from. Enjoy it this week. But remember, before all those visions of grandeur start to take on momentum as you watch and listen to the "experts" tell you the Giants have a chance, the Bucs were not the Dallas Cowboys! Don't be fooled by a rough December in Cowboy land. They will be rested and very hungry as they start their Super Bowl run. So make all of your Jessica Simpson jokes now, chant all of your stupid Romo rhymes, and get your giggles out, because next Sunday night the party's over! Something along the lines of COWBOYS 34 - Giants 17.
someone's been drinking the Hateraid...
Go Boys In Blue

Newtown Square, PA

#3 Jan 7, 2008
3rd Time's The Charm!
Tom Mullen -San Diego

Menlo Park, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2008
The Giants will have to be sound with mixing Bradshaw and Jacobs - the key to victory is keeping the Dallas defense on the field as much as possible
man

New York, NY

#5 Jan 7, 2008
i agree. Manning has to control the clock and keep cowboy's offense off the field. pound Jacobs over and over and let him beat up the line a bit and then turn BRadshaw loose as change of pace. i dont buy into the Jessica or the Carrie nderwood crap. what is Romo a high school kid. Tom BRady dates Giselle Bundchen for Pete's sake. ya dont get much hotter than the hottest Vic Secret model ever. her legs go up and up and up...
i like the Giants, one 1 hand the Cowboys have their # but onthe other it's tough to beat a team 3 times straight in same season. i think they need to hit Romo hard and dont give hm time to pick receivers. as good as Webster played yest and they arehoping to get madisonback, i dont see either one of them covering T.O.. he's too fast, too strong, and too physical. he WILL go over themiddle if asked and he's a damn talented receiver. hate him if ya want but dont ignor ehim-he'll run right by you.
Jim

Glendale, AZ

#6 Jan 7, 2008
Go Boys In Blue wrote:
3rd Time's The Charm!
Thats right a 3 game sweep for the Cowboys,finishing the Giants road record at 8-2 both losses at Big "D" {for defeat}
Joe Pa

Woolrich, PA

#7 Jan 7, 2008
Playing Dallas will be another challenge but lets face it, we held our own against the Pats and beat the Bucs who were supposed to beat us easily.

People could say what they want but I would bet the Cowboys won't take the G-Men lightly, not if they followed them the last couple weeks.
Bon Hayes

Woolrich, PA

#8 Jan 7, 2008
The scarey part is some analyst are even picking the Giants. I would rather them all pick the Cowboys and keep us extreme underdogs. We play better that way.

It's another away game and the big difference this time is Dallas will not being seeing the same Giants. They are peeking at the right time.
Bee

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jan 7, 2008
Tony wrote:
Hey Tony - please tell me you're from Dallas or at least Texas. Or are just like my cousins from Queens who are bunch of band-wagoners from NY that just happen to like Dallas. If so, you're not even considered a sports fan. And I sure hope you're on the board Monday so I can shove your words right back in your mouth. 34-17 - yeah right in your bandwagon dreams. If you're a Dallas fan from NY you're a pathetic wannabe fan that is never taken seriously.
Ali Haji Sheikh

New York, NY

#10 Jan 7, 2008
Look out brokeback Cowboys, Eli's coming. We're going to run it, pound the rock & bomb Roy Williams deep. Our QB has a playoff victory. Plus Lisa Simpson will be at the game. First Eli takes their pride, then he takes Romo's girl. 27-20 G-Men
Bee

Raleigh, NC

#11 Jan 7, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right a 3 game sweep for the Cowboys,finishing the Giants road record at 8-2 both losses at Big "D" {for defeat}
And I suppose you're a Cowboys fan because you didn't want to be a fan of the Cardinals? If so, you're just another casual bandwagon fan.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jan 7, 2008
Bon Hayes wrote:
The scarey part is some analyst are even picking the Giants. I would rather them all pick the Cowboys and keep us extreme underdogs. We play better that way.
It's another away game and the big difference this time is Dallas will not being seeing the same Giants. They are peeking at the right time.
Who the heck is "Bon Hayes?"
Kolas31

Toutle, WA

#13 Jan 7, 2008
Ok let me put everyone in there place, Eli is still Eli, and this game against the Cowboys is going to put the pressure right back into the hands of Eli....can he have two good games in a row with a win, we're not talking Peyton. Cowboys have one of the top run defense in the league, and Demarcus Ware, who will be all over Eli, and then we have two of the best recievers with Owens and Glenn, not to mention the best tight end in the league, so let's put it all in perspective, the Cowboys by no means are Tampa. Get ready Packers/Seattle because we will be.
peps

Mount Laurel, NJ

#14 Jan 7, 2008
I am not a Giant fan, but I will pull for them next week and the next if they beat the Cowboys. I want Tiki to eat his words, he talked so much crap and retired at mid season to create a fuss. He may say he is fine with retiring but that is not true. He knows the Giants have a real shot at beating anybody in the NFC. He surely regrets his decision to retire. I hope the Giants get to the SB just to watch Tiki's expression on NBC, I hope it happens and Bob Costas and Betis rip into him.

Since: Oct 07

Oakdale, NY

#15 Jan 8, 2008
peps wrote:
I am not a Giant fan, but I will pull for them next week and the next if they beat the Cowboys. I want Tiki to eat his words, he talked so much crap and retired at mid season to create a fuss. He may say he is fine with retiring but that is not true. He knows the Giants have a real shot at beating anybody in the NFC. He surely regrets his decision to retire. I hope the Giants get to the SB just to watch Tiki's expression on NBC, I hope it happens and Bob Costas and Betis rip into him.
I guess if given a choice, I'd like that. But we had some young guys behind Tiki, and as good as Tiki was(and he was), a lot of credit for his success needs to go to Coughlin(fumbling)and the O-line.
I was pissed at some of what Tiki said, but our running game really didn't miss a beat.
Go Giants.
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#17 Jan 10, 2008
The key to the Giants obtaining a different result the third time around is one thing, and one thing only--the health and effectiveness of Terrell Owens. It was the Giants' inability to effectively eliminate both Owens and Witten, along with their failure to put real pressure on Romo (directly related to their inability to cover those two All-pro receivers at the same time and rushing only four) that caused the Giants to lose both previous games by double digits.

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jan 11, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
The key to the Giants obtaining a different result the third time around is one thing, and one thing only--the health and effectiveness of Terrell Owens. It was the Giants' inability to effectively eliminate both Owens and Witten, along with their failure to put real pressure on Romo (directly related to their inability to cover those two All-pro receivers at the same time and rushing only four) that caused the Giants to lose both previous games by double digits.
Maybe in the 2 previous games, but this is different. Manning must be super to have a chance, Cowboys win with or without T.O...
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#19 Jan 11, 2008
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in the 2 previous games, but this is different. Manning must be super to have a chance, Cowboys win with or without T.O...
For the sake of my wife and I leaving Texas Stadium with a smile on our faces Sunday, I hope you are right, but apparently it is going to be WITH T.O. anyway.

“Visit BuytheFins.com”

Since: Jan 08

Coral Springs

#20 Jan 11, 2008
It will be a good game.

Buffalo, NY

#21 Jan 14, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of my wife and I leaving Texas Stadium with a smile on our faces Sunday, I hope you are right, but apparently it is going to be WITH T.O. anyway.
Boy was i wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Hernandez associate pleads not guilty to ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Giants Place Aaron Ross on IR, Activat... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Offseason Needs: Corn... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Charles 1
News Jags D Much Better With Cox, Mathis (Oct '12) Jan '13 Norma 4
News Jaguars salary cap space 2013: Plenty to spend (Jan '13) Jan '13 norma 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars: 5 Reasons Team Will Impro... (May '12) May '12 well 2
News New York Giants 2012 Offseason: New York $3.4 M... (Apr '12) Apr '12 flbadcatowner 1
More from around the web