How GM Jerry Reese put together a win...

How GM Jerry Reese put together a winner in the Giants

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 15, 2008, titled How GM Jerry Reese put together a winner in the Giants. In it, Newsday reports that:

A year ago Wednesday, Jerry Reese was introduced as the Giants' general manager.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ali G

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2008
I'll be the first to admit, I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT REESE. The guy did a phenomenal job with the draft, and most of his moves have worked out well. I honestly expected the Giants to be a 5 or 6 win team, but they've completely shocked me. The biggest surprise has been how well Spagnuolo has worked out. Spagnuolo is great. I really hope we don't lose him. I really don't think Giants would be here if not for him. He was the real wild card. I hope a lot of these other writers admit their follies as well.
P.S. I'm still not a big Coughlin fan. I really think Spagnuolo is the reason we're here and not out in the first round as usual.
Whodat

Bangkok, Thailand

#2 Jan 15, 2008
They are playing over their heads,Favre will kick butt.Dallas had a bad off day.
joe

East Quogue, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2008
They weren't that bad last year. The best move was not overreacting and trying to make major changes. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. If they lose to Green Bay, it's just another pretty good season that we'll eventually forget.
basher

AOL

#4 Jan 16, 2008
Reese made Giants a winner ?Are you f----- nuts over there in Newsday land ?This is Ernie's TEAM .Reese 7 weeks ago called his E.Manning SKIDISH .He pretty much said he had no confidence in his quarterback and his play .And I wonder If this so called great G.M. Reese is the fool who gave Grant away ?Coach C is the reason why they are doing their thing not because of G.M. Reese .Its basicly the same team as last year ....

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2008
He did something right to get that sissy T.O. to cry on National TV...pu**y.

Since: Oct 07

Oakdale, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2008
Whodat wrote:
They are playing over their heads,Favre will kick butt.Dallas had a bad off day.
Please....whoever you are, keep talking trash. Nothing but wins since you showed up.
Whodat

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Jan 16, 2008
One-eyed Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Please....whoever you are, keep talking trash. Nothing but wins since you showed up.
Sunday,I will watch them(Giants) lose.New England will get all the marbles---again.
Bee

Raleigh, NC

#8 Jan 16, 2008
Whodat wrote:
Sorry Dallas fan but stay in Thailand.
Bee

Raleigh, NC

#9 Jan 16, 2008
basher wrote:
Reese made Giants a winner ?Are you f----- nuts over there in Newsday land ?This is Ernie's TEAM .Reese 7 weeks ago called his E.Manning SKIDISH .He pretty much said he had no confidence in his quarterback and his play .And I wonder If this so called great G.M. Reese is the fool who gave Grant away ?Coach C is the reason why they are doing their thing not because of G.M. Reese .Its basicly the same team as last year ....
Just look at the draft - he continued a good job by Accorsi. How were they going to keep Grant with all the other rb's? Grant is looking good, but so are Jacobs and Bradshaw. here's no Tiki and we were better. What season what you were watching?

Since: Oct 07

Oakdale, NY

#10 Jan 16, 2008
Whodat wrote:
<quoted text>Sunday,I will watch them(Giants) lose.New England will get all the marbles---again.
Good. Enjoy the game. Have plenty of "popcorn" ready......
I love it when MY NEW YORK GIANTS are in the NFC championship game.
Don't you?
whodat

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Jan 17, 2008
One-eyed Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Good. Enjoy the game. Have plenty of "popcorn" ready......
I love it when MY NEW YORK GIANTS are in the NFC championship game.
Don't you?
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Hernandez associate pleads not guilty to ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Giants Place Aaron Ross on IR, Activat... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 Offseason Needs: Corn... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Charles 1
News Jags D Much Better With Cox, Mathis (Oct '12) Jan '13 Norma 4
News Jaguars salary cap space 2013: Plenty to spend (Jan '13) Jan '13 norma 1
News Jacksonville Jaguars: 5 Reasons Team Will Impro... (May '12) May '12 well 2
News New York Giants 2012 Offseason: New York $3.4 M... (Apr '12) Apr '12 flbadcatowner 1
More from around the web