Jennings says 'respect' part of ranking Favre ahead of Rodgers

Jul 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTMJ-AM Milwaukee

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings is shown during the fourth quarter of their game Sunday, September 9, 2012 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis.

Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ktaylor

Appleton, WI

#1 Jul 16, 2013
I can go with that the same way I rank Driver ahead of Jennings. Respect and the fact you could always count on Driver showing uo.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jul 16, 2013
In no way is Brett Interception King Favre better than Aaron Rodgers the best QB I have ever seen. If it wasn't for the guaranteed money Jennings got I was wondering why he would leave the best for one of the worst. On first take today he said his playing time would have been cut because of the young receiver the Packers have.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Greg Jennings said in an interview with ESPN’s “First Take” on Tuesday that he left the Green Bay Packers for the Minnesota Vikings because “it was time” and said he has much confidence in his new quarterback, Christian Ponder.

“You just know when it’s time to move on,” Jennings, who spent seven seasons with the Packers, said.“In the biblical sense, seven years is the year of completion. Eight years is new beginnings
viking nation

Madera, CA

#4 Jul 16, 2013
I guess jennings signing kind of throws off the theory of quality players not wanting to come to the vikings. Jenning's seen a young team & said they are a playoff team & I can be the first receiver for the Vikes Where with the packers he was their third & droping to fourth. then add in the money te vikes was offering, It was a no brainer.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#5 Jul 17, 2013

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Weird..........post 5 no Brees obviously the 2nd best behind Tarkenton.
Rodgers
HAHAHAHAHA

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Jennings made a business decision choosing money over QB's. Viking nation if you were a receiver and had the choice of one of the best QB's of all time throwing to you or one of the most inconsistent injury prone QB's in the NFL who would you choose? CASE CLOSED!!

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Jul 17, 2013
Childress wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/arti cles/357801-nfl-quarterback-po we
MEANINGLESS!!
eric

Monroe, WI

#10 Jul 17, 2013
Avant wrote:
Jennings made a business decision choosing money over QB's. Viking nation if you were a receiver and had the choice of one of the best QB's of all time throwing to you or one of the most inconsistent injury prone QB's in the NFL who would you choose? CASE CLOSED!!
IF he had stayed in GB,,he would have made 1M or so less but could have made up some of it with Playoff money as GB will be there,SO, GJ must feel Minnesota will be there,plus ,he made the point that hes a WR in Minnesota where hes a 3 or 4 in GB,So, money and Ego,he wants to be the main man ( who wouldnt) and thinks he can be...As far as Favre ahead of Rodgers? well, he played with both but picking Favre over Rodgers is questionable at least.
GBPmies

Finland

#11 Jul 17, 2013
Jennings seems to have a hard time letting go of the Packers talk. I know... he is asked the questions but what does he expect when agreeing to do these shows, especially First Take that is all about shock and creating drama (by far the worst show in sports). He does seem to have some left over issues with Rodgers (at least a bit). Both Favre and Rodgers were/are extremely talented in their own right and he knew an older veteran Favre and a young up and coming Rodgers so maybe Jennings liked and respected Favre more as someone to look up to and learn from.

It is all good but when you start to make an “issue” out of something that is not supposed to be an issue then things get weird and maybe a tad ugly. Plus anytime you are agreeing and high fiving Skip Bayless and talking about Rodgers you join the land of the mentally challenged. Either way, rants during interviews are what there are and he seemed to get a bit riled up and defensive over the whole thing. I liked Jennings better before this interview... now I still like him but look forward to his frustration with Ponder as his QB especially against the Pack (if he is healthy enough to suit up).

I don’t think Jennings would be a 3rd or 4th WR on the Pack, the Pack do have many great WRs and yes he was probably most expendable but he would have continued as good WR. He just would have seen his targets and opportunities drop over the coming years... just like Driver did... maybe he didn’t want to go out like that. I also don’t think he left to make room for the new guys so they could have their turn--- as if he was a martyr and doing them a favor. That was kind of a silly thing to say IMO.
Space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 17, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Jennings seems to have a hard time letting go of the Packers talk. I know... he is asked the questions but what does he expect when agreeing to do these shows, especially First Take that is all about shock and creating drama (by far the worst show in sports). He does seem to have some left over issues with Rodgers (at least a bit). Both Favre and Rodgers were/are extremely talented in their own right and he knew an older veteran Favre and a young up and coming Rodgers so maybe Jennings liked and respected Favre more as someone to look up to and learn from.
It is all good but when you start to make an “issue” out of something that is not supposed to be an issue then things get weird and maybe a tad ugly. Plus anytime you are agreeing and high fiving Skip Bayless and talking about Rodgers you join the land of the mentally challenged. Either way, rants during interviews are what there are and he seemed to get a bit riled up and defensive over the whole thing. I liked Jennings better before this interview... now I still like him but look forward to his frustration with Ponder as his QB especially against the Pack (if he is healthy enough to suit up).
I don’t think Jennings would be a 3rd or 4th WR on the Pack, the Pack do have many great WRs and yes he was probably most expendable but he would have continued as good WR. He just would have seen his targets and opportunities drop over the coming years... just like Driver did... maybe he didn’t want to go out like that. I also don’t think he left to make room for the new guys so they could have their turn--- as if he was a martyr and doing them a favor. That was kind of a silly thing to say IMO.
Frustration with ponder against the pack???? Last time I checked ponder shredded the packers week 17 of last year with no weapons. Now he has Jennings, Patterson, and other up and comers to play with.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Avant wrote:
Jennings made a business decision choosing money over QB's. Viking nation if you were a receiver and had the choice of one of the best QB's of all time throwing to you or one of the most inconsistent injury prone QB's in the NFL who would you choose? CASE CLOSED!!
I wouldn't stay with a team that didn't want to give me top dollor after giving them 7 great years Or onethat was going to use me as a fourth receiver when I could be the first receiver with some other team.I ask you this - Wouldn't you want to be playing every down or would you choose to be used as a relief receiver even if the QB was better?
GBPmies

Finland

#14 Jul 17, 2013
Space ace wrote:
<quoted text>Frustration with ponder against the pack???? Last time I checked ponder shredded the packers week 17 of last year with no weapons. Now he has Jennings, Patterson, and other up and comers to play with.
Ah yes good point indeed space cakes. Ponder did play well in that 1 game against the pack in week 17 but it was AD that did the shredding not Ponder. I would expect most QBs to be able manage a game with any professional WR with 8 or 9 or even 10 defenders in the box. But hey way to go all in on the 1 game he played well instead of the plethora of games he sucked the big chunky charlie! His stats weren’t so hot @ GB were they (3.1 QBR and 40,7 RTG) Last I checked that was a game vs the Pack wasn't it?

Go watch a highlight reel of Jennings and see how many of those plays he will be able to make with Ponder throwing the ball! Really go have a look it is fun.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#15 Jul 17, 2013
From what jennings sister had said his Frustrations was with Aaron & the packers lol
GBPmies

Finland

#16 Jul 17, 2013
viking nation wrote:
From what jennings sister had said his Frustrations was with Aaron & the packers lol
Who gives two rat turds what his sister said? His sister? Really? You "lol" over his sister's comments as if they hold any bearing at all?

Hey ezg go fist yourself you POS valor stealing liar.

..........
..........
..........
..........
..........
........('
.........\
..........
eric

Monroe, WI

#17 Jul 17, 2013
Space ace wrote:
<quoted text>Frustration with ponder against the pack???? Last time I checked ponder shredded the packers week 17 of last year with no weapons. Now he has Jennings, Patterson, and other up and comers to play with.
Its a make it or break it year for Ponder i believe.Minn has been a bit weak but now with Jennings and other weapons as you state ( although i think Patterson will need a year to develop) this is it for Ponder.Jennings got his way,hes the main man now instead of a 3rd or 4th in GB.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#18 Jul 17, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Its a make it or break it year for Ponder i believe.Minn has been a bit weak but now with Jennings and other weapons as you state ( although i think Patterson will need a year to develop) this is it for Ponder.Jennings got his way,hes the main man now instead of a 3rd or 4th in GB.
Vikings have a better team than the Packers, QB is the only position they have us at. If we get a consistent full year out of Ponder with the high school defense you have we should win the division by 2 games. I wouldn't be surprised if the vikings win 5 games within the division this year It's our year.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#19 Jul 17, 2013
lol gotta love the high school defense line (:
viking nation

Madera, CA

#20 Jul 17, 2013
Here are some stats on Jennings You can't tell me jennings isn't going to be missed by the packers This is a big hole he leaves to fill - 2012 jennings was limited playing time due to injuries and eventually hernia surgery, he hauled in 36 receptions, with 22 resulting in a first down (61.1 percent). During his career, Jennings has a drop rate of 3.68 percent, calculated by the number of drops against total targets. To put that into perspective, here's a comparison among the three top receivers from last year over their career:

Calvin Johnson (45/882, 5.10 percent), Brandon Marshall (62/1021, 6.07 percent) and Wes Welker (48/1079, 4.45 percent).

And if you're wondering how that compares to Mike Wallace, the receiver the Vikings reportedly offered more money to than the Miami Dolphins in free agency, he also comes up short (19/403, 4.71 percent).
viking nation

Madera, CA

#21 Jul 17, 2013
Christian Ponder can hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson knowing he still has a legitimate weapon in the passing game on any down of a drive. Jennings rarely drops the ball. In 2012, he only recorded one drop among his 36 receptions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Rodgers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jay Cutler ready to take his game to the nex... Aug 14 Spielman 2
Green Bay Packers: Rain hinders assessment of b... Aug 12 McCarthyFarts 2
Favre looks forward, no regrets about career Aug 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson: The NFL's best c... Aug 4 Spielman 132
Green Bay Packers: Is Jarrett Boykin the Next A... Aug 3 eric 1
Tom Brady doesn't care what ESPN's stat nerds t... Aug 1 Flatulence Fred 49
Breer: 'Better To Be Early Than Late' Finding T... Jul 31 Flatulence Fred 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Aaron Rodgers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••