Green Bay Packers: Jermichael Finley ...

Green Bay Packers: Jermichael Finley projects new image

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities story from Aug 1, 2013, titled Green Bay Packers: Jermichael Finley projects new image. In it, TwinCities reports that:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- One week into training camp, you could say that Jermichael Finley is making the Green Bay Packers quite ... "comfortable."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Aug 2, 2013
Instead of a public relations official following Finley everywhere, the Packers should have a receivers coach trail him all the time and work on getting him to hold onto the football. I'm sure we all could tolerate his big mouth better if he backed it up with his play.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 17, 2013
Finley is an example of where, just a mere promise of talent, insures millions of dollars in Packer cash....How long does this project take?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Aug 17, 2013
I have no idea how long the project will take, but I do now that his time is running out in Green Bay. This is his last season as a Packer, unless he has something with which to blackmail Ted Thompson. That might explain his last contract.
eric

Monroe, WI

#4 Aug 17, 2013
Unf or fortunately ( depending how you look at it)GBP, Finley made a real nice pass and Catch on a 30 yarder.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Aug 17, 2013
eric wrote:
Unf or fortunately ( depending how you look at it)GBP, Finley made a real nice pass and Catch on a 30 yarder.
Wow, he made a play in a preseason game? That's great. That's worth the 10 million he's being paid this season!
eric

Monroe, WI

#6 Aug 18, 2013
So as always you completely missed it,,1 or 2 plays is all it takes for the staff to start talking about his potential and his upside ect.
Im all for Finley being traded or cut to save cap space ( assuming DJ Williams or Andrew Quarrless steps up and proves healthy and or able to play TE at a high level)
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Aug 18, 2013
eric wrote:
So as always you completely missed it,,1 or 2 plays is all it takes for the staff to start talking about his potential and his upside ect.
Im all for Finley being traded or cut to save cap space ( assuming DJ Williams or Andrew Quarrless steps up and proves healthy and or able to play TE at a high level)
No, I didn't miss it. I'm just frustrated with the pattern you described. He gets talk, but what does he REALLY contribute? Take yesterday for example, you would think a "great" TE could help the Packers get the ball in the endzone at least once. Nobody wants him to contribute more than I do, but the Packers are running out of time to see his "potential" realized. Unfortunately, his greatest potential for the Packers at this point would be in a trade. So I'll be happy that he had a couple good plays. It can't hurt to attract some "potential" interest.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Aug 18, 2013
On the bright side, how about Lacey? Lookin good!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#10 Aug 18, 2013
Last first round runner the Packers took was what? Eddie Lee Ivory. His knee lasted about three games.
eric

Monroe, WI

#11 Aug 18, 2013
Good thing they took Lacy in the 2nd round then.Hes a 1st round talent,they got in the 2nd,a terrific pick from early indication.of course we have to see it in real time,when the games count
eric

Monroe, WI

#12 Aug 18, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't miss it. I'm just frustrated with the pattern you described. He gets talk, but what does he REALLY contribute? Take yesterday for example, you would think a "great" TE could help the Packers get the ball in the endzone at least once. Nobody wants him to contribute more than I do, but the Packers are running out of time to see his "potential" realized. Unfortunately, his greatest potential for the Packers at this point would be in a trade. So I'll be happy that he had a couple good plays. It can't hurt to attract some "potential" interest.
I am sorry, i did sound a bit harsh,,,But hearing the guys talk,AR is feeling more comfortable with Finley ( which is Great if hes staying here this year) actually made a few good plays and a few catches for nice yards with 5 thrown to him,,( again great if AR is confident in him and they are getting along,,EVEN BETTER, if Finley finally matures this year,,in other words is finally a grown up and will shut his mouth and play football).The kid is only 25,so maybe,,who knows..i just dont want to see a monster year,another huge deal then back to the same ole Finley..It really worries me with guys who " all of a sudden" get it in a contract year but a monster year this year and we may just see Finley in Green and Gold for years to come. you and I are both on the same page on this one and its tough to be in!!!! WE both want him to be a probowler,,kick other teams asses, be the best TE in the league but dont want to see that 5 year 55-60M deal coming his way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Rodgers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Green Bay Packers: Why Aaron Rodgers Is Already... (Apr '12) Jul 9 Fart news 119
News Green Bay Packers: will they go undefeated at h... Jul 5 Fart news 5
News Maybe You Should Stick with Footballs, Aaron Jun 30 Fart Cheese Wheel 2
News Wisconsin man thought he was going to die on Mo... May '15 tom wingo 8
News Menominee Park Zoo in Oshkosh has new wolves fo... May '15 tom wingo 10
News Vikings to sign Kevin McDermott Apr '15 HMA Software 4
News Luck vs. Brady: Who's QB2? Apr '15 Pervert Alert 30
More from around the web