Oakland Raiders News: Latest Reports ...

Oakland Raiders News: Latest Reports on Darren McFadden & Raider Nation Studs

There are 8 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 23, 2012, titled Oakland Raiders News: Latest Reports on Darren McFadden & Raider Nation Studs. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Thursday marked the last practice for Oakland in Napa, but that doesn't mean the Raiders are ready to start the regular season in just over a week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Nj raider 1

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2012
Why must I have to continue to explain to ya'll the science behind preseason? Bums like colt mccoy has look good in the preseason. Manning hasn't looked all that good either. Do ya'll really think things are going to play themselves out that way in the regular season? Shit mccoy lost huss job to a rookie. Trust me, it will take about a quarter of the season for things to kick in gear but come seasons end we will have a top 10 offense. Everybody panicing for nuttin like this the 1st preseason ya'll been thru. None of ya'll probably ever played football on any level let alone coached but think ya'll know what's best for the team. U gotta be kidding me!
raiderfaith

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2012
if you had a proverbial leg to stand on, i would agree with you. But for too many years we put stock in that theory, and it hasn't worked out that way. As fans we have no choice but to hope for the best and expect a mediocore season. I don't like this approach, but until we are proven differently...this is where we are at.
A Work in Progress

Houston, TX

#3 Aug 24, 2012
Not too sure about that 'Top 10' offense comment....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#4 Aug 24, 2012
Paranoia:
The essence of a Raiders Fan ever since the snowy night in Foxborough.
bwahahahahah

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 Aug 24, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Why must I have to continue to explain to ya'll the science behind preseason? Bums like colt mccoy has look good in the preseason. Manning hasn't looked all that good either. Do ya'll really think things are going to play themselves out that way in the regular season? Shit mccoy lost huss job to a rookie. Trust me, it will take about a quarter of the season for things to kick in gear but come seasons end we will have a top 10 offense. Everybody panicing for nuttin like this the 1st preseason ya'll been thru. None of ya'll probably ever played football on any level let alone coached but think ya'll know what's best for the team. U gotta be kidding me!
Tell you what...My HS coach was so good that he actually has a movie made after him in his days coaching for one of our biggest rivals. Anyways, his theory was for us to play the toughest opponents possible in non district games to better prepare us for district and know what to expect in the playoffs. NOTHING ticked me off more than reading the negative headlines in the newspaper about us putting us down and not giving us a chance. District games would then come up and headlines would pretty much say "We're without a prayer" and "This ain't no football team". Then game day would hit and we'd win and the writers and critics would say "Yeah they got lucky, the other team just played bad." The next week would be the same situation, We'd win and the media didn't think we were as good as we were. Next thing you know, We'd be leading our district and talking playoffs and people all over town would say "How can they make the playoffs after losing the first half of their games?" We may not have been as good as Cedric Benson's Midland Lee Rebels, but we had heart and played with fire and knew deep down inside that we were good no matter what the outside world thinks of us.

In the NFL, preseason is just mainly an evaluation of new players and players fighting for roster spots. Guys who are locks to make the team normally don't play much in preseason
Nj raider 1

United States

#7 Aug 25, 2012
I understand raider faith but look at this thru Carson's eyes. Yea we have playmakers but all of them are young so in preseason play he's forcing things trying 2 get players confidence level up for the regular season. On that nuttin alone, I don't care if we don't win 1 game this preseason, honestly. Guys are banged up, the playbook is vanilla & the coaches are hardly even coaching. Like texas raider said its more about evaluating prospects & unknowns then anything else. Trust me when Mcfadden is in there full time our offense is gon look a whole lot diff. Judging by how good the defense is looking, we gon put up big numbers.If it's 1 thing opposing defenses hate it playaction cuz u can't load the box 2 stop our best & most explosive player. These last 2 preseason games I just wanna T. Jones cuz I think he gives us a chance 2 not have 2 change play calling when he's in there. I think we have 2 wit Goodson. Also I just wanna see DVD & Chekwa get some time wit the 1s. Give em a confidence boost also b4 the season starts. I saw wut I needed 2 see from Miles Burris & the rest of the defense. I didn't bite my tongue, top 10 offense, top 15 defense & the winner in our division.

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#8 Aug 25, 2012
I don't evaluate the Raiders on wins & losses in preseason........I watch the players and how well they play against the other teams 1st string. Our players that "shine" against the others teams' 2nd/3rd string never do well in the regular season.....at least not for a couple years until they get a little more seasoned.
Jet Fail

Houston, TX

#10 Aug 27, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
........I watch the players and how well they play against the other teams 1st string.
Well said...

...and with that...Tebow still sucks....even against teams 2nd/3rd string...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aaron Curry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders Sign 2013 Third Round Pick Sio Moore (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mr Raider 3
News Raiders' Burris Will Have to Fight for Starting... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The Autumn Wind 2
News The 50 Worst Draft Picks in NFL History (Apr '13) Apr '13 raiderfaith 6
News Raiders look to reverse bad draft fortunes (Apr '13) Apr '13 TexasRaider 1
News 49ers a good model, says Oakland Raiders owner ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 raiderfaith 4
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Oakland Raiders Select... (Apr '13) Apr '13 abs 1
News Oakland Raiders' Short-Term Pain, Offseason Ina... (Mar '13) Mar '13 JRaiders 37
More from around the web