Green Bay: Draft Gods?

Green Bay: Draft Gods?

There are 4 comments on the Windy City Gridiron story from May 29, 2013, titled Green Bay: Draft Gods?. In it, Windy City Gridiron reports that:

The Packers success on the field has long been attributed to their success in the draft.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Windy City Gridiron.

Mister Pack

Rochester, MN

#1 May 30, 2013
Here are the last ten 1st rounders: Perry (nothing so far); Sherrod (nothing so far); Bryan Bulaga (bust); Matthews (one dimensional); Justin Harrell (bust); Hawk (one dimensional/over rated out of college/liability in the pass game/slow); Rodgers (good, but sat on the bench too long for an overall productive career, getting old quick); Ahmad Carroll (bust); Nick Barnett (good/should have played strong safety); Javon Walker (bust).

Monroe, WI

#2 May 30, 2013
Ok ill bite..
Ahmad Carroll was a Mike Sherman Draft pick.
Nick Barnett was a very good LB until injuries,then he was released.Javon Walker played very well in GB.
Mathews ( 1 dimensional?) thats a joke right?
Bulaga a bust? far from it.
Hawk,underachieved for a 4-6 overal pick for sure,if he was a late 1st rounder,it would have been considered a pretty good pick
Bottom line Ted Thompson and Co. basically drafted a SB championship team and i see Minnesota grabbing a few of GB castoffs or former players so apparently the Viking organization feels GB does a pretty good job at it.

Monroe, WI

#3 May 30, 2013
Not to mention the joke comment about Rodgers.He has been top notch the past few years and still has a good 4 years ahead of him in his prime before a drop off starts.
Justin Harrell yes,he couldnt stay healthy,the games he played he did well but staying healthy is the game and he just couldnt do it.Sherrod,you hit it,nothing yet,,if he gets healthy we will see.if he retires.
can you call him a bust? yes and no..
Bust is seen as a person who sucked..Sherrod doesnt suck,he got leg whipped and broke 2 bones.A waste of a 1st round pick? yea, but....
Brian Bosworth was a bust..Tony Manderich was a bust..many 1st rounders have been a bust,,im not sure a guy who lost because of injury should be labeled as a bust but thats just my personal opinion

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 May 31, 2013
eric, there is no point discussing anything with someone that can say Clay Mathews is one dimensional or that Rodgers can't be productive. Obviously such comments are jealousy induced stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.J. Hawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers re-sign defensive linemen Letroy Guion,... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Falsified IP 12
News Green Bay Packers Mock Draft 2.0: Full 7-Round ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 eric 2
News Green Bay Packers: Salary cap space will come i... (Feb '15) Feb '15 GBPmies 1
News Green Bay Packers Rumors: Releasing A.J. Hawk I... (Feb '15) Feb '15 GBPmies 2
News Packers trying to get Randall Cobb signed (Feb '15) Feb '15 GBPmies 1
News Green Bay Packers: The Curious Case of A.J. Hawk (Dec '14) Dec '14 Peterson Ph D 2
News Green Bay Packers Have Future Star in Ha Ha Cli... (Jun '14) Sep '14 Giggle Dix 22
More from around the web