Raiders bust Russell cuts weight, eye...

Raiders bust Russell cuts weight, eyes NFL return

There are 25 comments on the CBS Sports story from Jan 23, 2013, titled Raiders bust Russell cuts weight, eyes NFL return. In it, CBS Sports reports that:

Every year it seems like JaMarcus Russell has lost a few pounds and is attempting a comeback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Sports.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#21 Jan 24, 2013
you are so right njR1 but russell is a quitter! a lot of these first round (qb) bust's are still around trying to play elswhere and trying to prove a point that they are still good football players "matt leinart" for example and haven't given up. russell, gave up! got his money and ran and got even fatter! ryan leaf? took his money bought drugs and is in jail. now i don't recall if j russell went to jail but what has he been up to? today? good for him. he's making that effort to make a comeback. but me, me personally? i'm done with jamarcus russell! good luck to him, his supporters, whoever is helping him and whoever picks him up. does he deserve a last chance? sure. he's making the effort. it's been four years. but good luck trying to catch up to the nfl players of today.
i'm even done with this conversation! good luck.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Captain Canada wrote:
There's no such thing as a useless fat broad at last call. That's when they are the most popular.
LOL...Amen

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#23 Jan 24, 2013
Did a team have a towel boy opening? That's about all I think he'd be good for. Even then, he'd probably quit at that too
Nj raider 1

United States

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Everybody keeps saying he quit. The man was cut. He was drafted hung out to dry crucified & cut. Al Davis wasn't gonna blame himself. So Jamarcus played the scapegoat. Football is a team sport, not a 1 on 1 game. A QB must have at least 1 weapon & that weapon cannot be a tight end. They're to easy to take out the game. Thee man had nothing! I don't mind everyone's opinion about him personally. But dont base ur hatred off media hype. I watched all of these same talking points 3/4 years ago. My point is he wasn't given a fair chance.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#25 Jan 25, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Everybody keeps saying he quit. The man was cut. He was drafted hung out to dry crucified & cut. Al Davis wasn't gonna blame himself. So Jamarcus played the scapegoat. Football is a team sport, not a 1 on 1 game. A QB must have at least 1 weapon & that weapon cannot be a tight end. They're to easy to take out the game. Thee man had nothing! I don't mind everyone's opinion about him personally. But dont base ur hatred off media hype. I watched all of these same talking points 3/4 years ago. My point is he wasn't given a fair chance.
He made some of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. All he cared about was getting paid and his dumb decisions followed him off the field. I mean why do you launch a rocket ball when all you have to do is cross the line of scrimmage for a first down on fourth down and have more than enough room to do so? Thats why Tom Cable benched him which led to him getting cut

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News QBs Goff and Wentz soar, OT Tunsil takes bizarr... 13 hr Go Blue Forever 3
News Barber plays heart out in farewell (Jan '07) Apr 26 wow 3
News Man nabbed in child-sex sting is every parent's... Apr 26 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Apr 26 Go Blue Forever 10,097
News Cleveland Browns Release Quarterback Johnny Man... Apr 26 Go Blue Forever 6
News SPORT OF THUGS -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr 25 toothache 8
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Apr 22 Go Blue Forever 182
More from around the web