Tony Romo: Why the Dallas Cowboys' Romo Should Be Labeled an Elite NFL QB

Dec 16, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 39

Year after year, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has been one the most highly criticized players in the NFL .

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cowboy fan 1

Longview, TX

#21 Dec 20, 2012
Mookie wrote:
Brady , Brees , Manning, and Rodgers are the only QB's I would consider elite. All won or made the Superbowl without very good defenses.
You are correct for now, but in the next generation, people will be saying the same about Ryan, Schabb, Stafford, and who knows maybe Romo.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 20, 2012
Brady is the only current NFL Qb with more rings than Eli....your opinion is your own....i did'nt leave out shit, i was responding to anothers post....as usual, you enjoy coming off as a know it all....
Fin Fan

Evansville, IN

#24 Dec 21, 2012
If Romo was an elite QB then there would not be any question about it. He's too skittish and makes bad decisions too often.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#25 Dec 22, 2012
??

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#26 Dec 22, 2012
Phil O Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your friends here know what a troll you are?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TS05A9V...
Do your friends know what a two face you are? Of course and they don't even care. You obviously didn't come to this thread to say something about Tony Romo.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#27 Dec 22, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Brady is the only current NFL Qb with more rings than Eli....your opinion is your own....i did'nt leave out shit, i was responding to anothers post....as usual, you enjoy coming off as a know it all....
Returning to football, Romo reminds me of Manning that he can look like Hall of Fame material one game and like Ryan Leaf the next. Super Bowl rings do not automatically make a QB elite. The first two Giant Super Bowl victories were led by good, but hardly elite QBs in Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler.

Location hidden

#28 Dec 23, 2012
Then Marino should be in the bestever debate....

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#29 Dec 23, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Then Marino should be in the bestever debate....
Marino was one of the greatest pure passers ever. Strong, accurate, and he often made intelligent decisions..
fin fan

Newburgh, IN

#30 Dec 23, 2012
Marino is definitely one of the best ever
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#31 Dec 23, 2012
How bout dem boys

Location hidden

#32 Dec 23, 2012
Clem wrote:
How bout dem boys
Almost completely outta their misery now.....Who Dat....
Ron

Ellensburg, WA

#33 Dec 24, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree! Romo has less to work with than Staubach or Aikman did (ex. Smith,Irvin), however; until Romo wins a "Super bowl" like Staubach or Aikman did, he will never be considered in the same elite class of former Cowboy qb's! Trust me, I have been a Cowboy fan since Don Meredith.
I agree I my self have been a fan from the 62.
I'm just tired of not winning. Romo is great at times but then he will over throw the ball by 2 feet when needed most.
Cowboy fan 1

Longview, TX

#34 Jan 2, 2013
Yuan wrote:
Troy Aikman, Rodger Starback was way better. Know your history before u say things. These quarter backs went to the Super Bowl. If y'all think Romo gonna take u there keep dreaming.
Romo is the best option the Cowboy's have for now. Who else is out there? The Cowboys are lucky Romo does not seek a trade to a Superbowl contendng team. Start with Romo, and build the team around him. Romo is in the top tier of qb's.

Location hidden

#36 Jan 3, 2013
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Romo is the best option the Cowboy's have for now. Who else is out there? The Cowboys are lucky Romo does not seek a trade to a Superbowl contendng team. Start with Romo, and build the team around him. Romo is in the top tier of qb's.
Top tier?....Romo is talented, but not top tier....Cowboy's are like Chargers, over-rated and overpaid....
Mr November

Miami, FL

#37 Jan 3, 2013
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Romo is the best option the Cowboy's have for now. Who else is out there? The Cowboys are lucky Romo does not seek a trade to a Superbowl contendng team. Start with Romo, and build the team around him. Romo is in the top tier of qb's.
Romo is hardly top tier, but he is likely the Cowboy's best option for next year.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#38 Jan 3, 2013
Mr November wrote:
<quoted text>
Romo is hardly top tier, but he is likely the Cowboy's best option for next year.
Romo is a good, but not an exceptional QB and would likely be good enough to start on perhaps 50-60% of the teams. The Cowboys have far more pressing needs than to upgrade at QB. With a better supporting cast, he could possible win a Super Bowl. After all, not all Super Bowl winning QBs have been elite QBs and even some of the so-called elite (i.e. Bradshaw and Namath) were vastly overrated.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 3, 2013
I disagree that Namath was ever vastly overrated as a passing Qb....i recall, 1969 i think, when he passed for 4000 yards in a 12 game season, and thought no one would ever touch that....he was the best pure passer of his day, just like Marino was.....
Mr November

Miami, FL

#40 Jan 3, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Romo is a good, but not an exceptional QB and would likely be good enough to start on perhaps 50-60% of the teams. The Cowboys have far more pressing needs than to upgrade at QB. With a better supporting cast, he could possible win a Super Bowl. After all, not all Super Bowl winning QBs have been elite QBs and even some of the so-called elite (i.e. Bradshaw and Namath) were vastly overrated.
It was a different NFL back then. It's a passing league now, gotta stay off the receivers and can't even give the QB a dirty look without incurring a penalty. Today it's hard to win a SB without having atop 5 or 6 QB. Romo isn't one.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#41 Jan 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I disagree that Namath was ever vastly overrated as a passing Qb....i recall, 1969 i think, when he passed for 4000 yards in a 12 game season, and thought no one would ever touch that....he was the best pure passer of his day, just like Marino was.....
His career completion average was barely 50% which was very low for a starting QB even in that era. Namath did not have the football smarts to match his arm, much like Bradshaw. The AFL used a 14 game season since it's inception until its merger with the AFL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 1 hr Rossturbates 295
2015 NFL Draft: Oakland Raiders' Top 5 Needs 1 hr Philatus 4
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) 14 hr Flatus Maximus 57
Keidel: Aaron Rodgers Is The Greatest Quarterba... Thu Mensa2 Diarrhea Flow 36
Patriots Clinch Top Seed In AFC Thu Nicks Christmas D... 8
One and only choice for NFL MVP: Tom Brady Wed Team Mensa Diarrhea 25
49ers' Harbaugh preaches professionalism Wed Wet Farts 8
More from around the web