Raiders acquire QB Matt Flynn from Seahawks

Full story: The Tribune

The Raiders acquired Seattle backup Matt Flynn on Monday for draft picks, signaling an end to Carson Palmer's brief tenure as starter in Oakland.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

it is a RAIDER!
everything we ever wondered how it would work out as flynn being a RAIDER? well the time is here! see what happens. hopefully he turns out great.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

we got no choice but to support our new RAIDERS!
we all kind of saw it comming didn't we? i mean, the connection? greeen? mckenzie? yeah, i think i or we mentioned it a while back. and it happened! now, who wins the starting job? wild guess?
i'd hate to say it but, it could be flynn?
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

reports; seattle is trying to sign matt leinart to be their #2 (qb).
seahawkss will receive a 5th rnd pick in 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015.
palmer to be traded to az, for a late rnd pick.. and will restructure in az. he was hoping he would land in tampa.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

FLYNN is probably the better most eye popping F/A move so far!
JUST HOPE HE IS THE ONE PEOPLE!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!
raiderfaith

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Now, we have a battle for starting qb . I kinda hope flynn wins it. I am so tired of Pryor supporters feeling like he deserves something he didn't earn. Nothing against Pryor, it is just crazy to me that he couldn't outplay palmer for the starting spot, yet some fans thought Pryor was a better option?!! Honestly though if Pryor wins it , great! That means he was the better qb option. That's what all of us should want.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

raiderfaith wrote:
Now, we have a battle for starting qb . I kinda hope flynn wins it. I am so tired of Pryor supporters feeling like he deserves something he didn't earn. Nothing against Pryor, it is just crazy to me that he couldn't outplay palmer for the starting spot, yet some fans thought Pryor was a better option?!! Honestly though if Pryor wins it , great! That means he was the better qb option. That's what all of us should want.
agree, i ain't gonna cry over spilt milk over carson palmer as much as i felt he was needed here. i thank him for his contribution to the team, but he is no longer a RAIDER player. gotta move on and hope that whatever (qb) we got as a starter becomes that (qb) that helps win games this season and for the future.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Another bad decision in a series of bad decisions by the new regime. I realize that fans are going to go with the flow and feel that they have to keep the faith and call themselves a true Raider fan. That is a little delusional in my book. Those keeping the faith are making one HUGE assumption; that McKenzie and Allen know what they are doing. To me, there is no evidence that they know what they are doing. Instead, there has more situations that prove otherwise. In other words, are you on the three-year to the promiseland or on a three-hour tour with Skipper and Gilligan at the helm.
Conn raider

Feeding Hills, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Very happy about this signing! If only McFadden stays healthy the qb will be fine.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Freddy wrote:
Another bad decision in a series of bad decisions by the new regime. I realize that fans are going to go with the flow and feel that they have to keep the faith and call themselves a true Raider fan. That is a little delusional in my book. Those keeping the faith are making one HUGE assumption; that McKenzie and Allen know what they are doing. To me, there is no evidence that they know what they are doing. Instead, there has more situations that prove otherwise. In other words, are you on the three-year to the promiseland or on a three-hour tour with Skipper and Gilligan at the helm.
the decision was bad to not pay palmer to stay. in my opinion, there wasn't much choice. either it was fitzpatrick or flynn or g smith in the draft as best options to step in and compete for the starting position at (qb) for the RAIDERS. "I" preferred fitzpatrick but eventually they went with the connection that i mentioned earlier with mckenzie and flynn. flynn is an unproven (qb). even mckenzie knows it. so yes, bad choice! i told you guys that mckenzie and DA are nervous about their jobs because they have to win to secure their job. i've often said that they needed to win the crowd. i pretty much felt that this was a way to do that.people will got to the game to see what is in the future with this (qb). yes, flynn is unproven but has shown signs as much as pryor. and i have to agree that flynn is the better (qb) here. i may not be for this regime and not in favor of how this org is being run. but starting season i ain't gonna go against my RAIDERS. i wouldn't be called a RAIDER fan if that was the case(lol). so regardless our (qb) situation or how this regime is run, i hope we keep winning! so im gonna support m flynn and hope for the best for him. it's not his fault this regime is being run the way it is (lol). it's just a conversation about the chosen (qb) and who will win the starting job. my opinion about this regime has not changed!

RAIDERS OF 2012 AND 2013!!!

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I'm glad we didn't over pay for him. I think this is a good move.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

flyn's restructured deal goes from 5.25 to 6 mill --all guaranteed.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
flyn's restructured deal increases. goes from 5.25 to 6.25 mill --all guaranteed.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
in his second year of his restructured contract, RAIDERS (qb) m flynn's base salary drops from 6.25 to 5 mil.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Captain Canada

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Raiders sign CB Tracy Porter to a 1 yr deal.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Captain Canada wrote:
Raiders sign CB Tracy Porter to a 1 yr deal.
i actually wanted him here last year to help out the (cb) situation's mess we had last season,and still have! even if he's one step or two better, will help. i'm sure we will draft a (cb) on our second pick.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>i actually wanted him here last year to help out the (cb) situation's mess we had last season,and still have! even if he's one step or two better, will help. i'm sure we will draft a (cb) on our second pick.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
His talent lies in jumping routes in the zone. He fell for the pump-fake and got beat over the top though. He's a risk/reward DB.
Congrats on Flynn OG
Hope he works out

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>His talent lies in jumping routes in the zone. He fell for the pump-fake and got beat over the top though. He's a risk/reward DB.
Congrats on Flynn OG
Hope he works out
what the hell? this is not the (lbf i know!(lol). you're not talking crap? what? did you get some last night?
i mean, "sleep", lbf.(lol).
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Tracy Porter's stepdad is
Elvis "Toast" Patterson

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Tracy Porter's stepdad is
Elvis "Toast" Patterson
okay that's enough!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I think Matt Flynn will be good for us this year. He's young and has a few years under his belt in the NFL and could be ready to lead a team himself.

I definitely think this move is better than drafting Geno Smith.
neil

Rogue River, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I think the Seahawks may just live to regret this move. wison had a great year, but so have many other qbs, then floundered in their second year. Defensive coaches in the NFL are not stupid, they will devise ways to keep Wilson from getting outside of the pocket, and keep him bottled up behind the line so he cant see his recievers down field. I understand they have other players that want to extend their contracts, but 5mil for flynn and 800 thousand for WILSON, IS NOT TO MUCH TO SPEND FOR TWO QUALITY QBS THAT KNOW THE SYSTEM. gETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR IS ALL ON wilson now, If he gets hurt KISS THE PLAYOFFS GOODBY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••