Tebow's pastor in Jacksonville asks for prayer

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: Florida Baptist Witness 56

You must be a registered user to access our website. Please complete the registration form at no cost, or login if you are already a registered user.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carol D

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2013
I pray for Tebow pretty much every day. I ask God to open the right doors for Tebow. I know he will make a great impact for God wherever he ends up. By thwart way, our adversary knows this too, that is why you see such a battle going on. That is why we need to pray!

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#2 Feb 24, 2013
Carol D wrote:
I pray for Tebow pretty much every day. I ask God to open the right doors for Tebow. I know he will make a great impact for God wherever he ends up. By thwart way, our adversary knows this too, that is why you see such a battle going on. That is why we need to pray!
There is no "adversary" or spiritual warfare going on. It's what the leaders of certain religions are saying in order to control their followers and it usually comes down to taking as much money from you blind fools as possible. SMH.

TT backed out of speaking at the Dallas mega church because he knew he'd be destroyed in the media for making his true thoughts and beliefs known which are he's anti gay and lesbian and anti Semitic and he's against a woman's right to choose.

YET...The senior pastor Mac Brunson at First Baptist Church Jacksonville, TT's home church says this: Further, Tebow’s home church and First Baptist Dallas share the same beliefs, Brunson said.

“There would not be a wisp of difference between the theology of First Baptist Church Dallas and First Baptist Church Jacksonville,” Brunson said.“First Baptist Church Jacksonville holds to the inerrant, authoritative Word of God. We hold to the traditional historic doctrines of the faith.

Whether TT spoke at the Dallas mega church or not, he's still a bigot POS.

chiefshere

Hickory, NC

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Jusayin,

You and people like you, are the reason this world is going to "hell in a handbasket" 100 miles an hour. You believe in leaving "God" out letting everything else in. I feel sorry for your soul because we will "all" answer for our actions once we leave this world!
realityguyhere

Miami, FL

#4 Feb 25, 2013
chiefshere wrote:
Jusayin,
You and people like you, are the reason this world is going to "hell in a handbasket" 100 miles an hour. You believe in leaving "God" out letting everything else in. I feel sorry for your soul because we will "all" answer for our actions once we leave this world!
I bet you also believe in the tooth fairy and bigfoot. One of your type is born every minute.
realityguyhere

Miami, FL

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Carol D wrote:
If your god were real, he would've given Tebow the arm of Marino so he could become a great starting NFL QB instead of a benchrider with one foot out of the league. But Tebow can't throw for shit, so there's your proof, fairy tale dreamer.
realityguyhere

Miami, FL

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Typical religinut delusions: The Earth is thousands of years old, a central female character got knocked up without getting laid, and Tebow is a great NFL QB.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#7 Feb 25, 2013
chiefshere wrote:
Jusayin,
So people like me are solely to blame for the state of the world (even though we live in a christian era and have done so for hundreds of years) while ignorant, judgmental people like yourselves conveniently are without fault? You rarely if ever see non-christians do their brand of "evangelizing". Once you've had your eyes opened you learn tolerance and a greater understanding.

I believe there could be many "Gods" that helped mold and create us and the world we live in today. To believe in christianity alone and rubbish all other HISTORY that came thousands of years before(even though the stories/mythologies are similar) is utter ignorance and stupidity.

I don't believe one religious group should be allowed to IMPOSE their beliefs on others (especially on children who can't think or reason for themselves) who don't believe what they do. It's not right and it's not fair.

I'm not going to christian churches saying to board up the place and cease to exist, I don't mind what you do as long as it's lawful and you respect others' feeling and beliefs in the process which by your remarks you have no care for anyone else's feelings or beliefs. So "christlike" of you.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#8 Feb 25, 2013
chiefshere wrote:
Jusayin,
And btw, you don't know me yet you judge and attack me while I myself was simply stating the facts about your beloved BIGOT Timmy T. who can't and won't even take a solid stance on his beliefs because he doesn't want to hurt what little chance of an NFL career he has left. That's putting your faith in God for sure!

Who denied Jesus back in the day...? Who is denying and covering up their true beliefs now...? I think Timmy and his brother Peter have their names mixed up...
Justin

Excelsior, MN

#9 Feb 25, 2013
chiefshere wrote:
Jusayin,
I'm never amazed how a Christian glorify eternal torment in flames but never drool of the idea of eternal worship.You prove exactly why Christianity is a belief of fear rather than a belief from honesty.You fear a being you love which is God.What a sickening belief that is.Your belief teaches the desire to be a slave than to be a rational human being who questions ideas and study evidence.
President Obama

Denver, CO

#10 Feb 25, 2013
I for one hope Tebow gets a job somewhere because if he is unemployed, millions of his followers will feel it is rightous to be unemployed a quit their jobs as garbage men, hotel maids, and toll booth collectors.
Jordan Wetmore

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Tim Tebow might not have "an arm like marino" but god gave him some legs that give testament to any non believers. Tim Tebow changes franchises! Look @ Denver and if the Jets would have started him you could look @ them. I do believe in TT's god same same. beliefs and all but sports are athletic competition not religion but when athleticism gets judged by popularity i think God gives all of us Davids (David and Goliath) a little boost so we may all learn to praise god and all live fruitfully than i say hell with it let it roll. But I thing Timmy is a test of faith sent by God and you may not believe in him nor do you have to but Tim Tebow has god given legs. some references his Hebrew's 12:12 on his eye black explained it. Tim Tebow's arm out og college was a " marino" arm but it just wasn't what good old timmy thought exceptable to Nfl standards so he prooved more on his legs. Tim Tebow changes lives and the game.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#12 Feb 26, 2013
Jordan Wetmore wrote:
Tim Tebow might not have "an arm like marino" but god gave him some legs that give testament to any non believers. Tim Tebow changes franchises! Look @ Denver and if the Jets would have started him you could look @ them. I do believe in TT's god same same. beliefs and all but sports are athletic competition not religion but when athleticism gets judged by popularity i think God gives all of us Davids (David and Goliath) a little boost so we may all learn to praise god and all live fruitfully than i say hell with it let it roll. But I thing Timmy is a test of faith sent by God and you may not believe in him nor do you have to but Tim Tebow has god given legs. some references his Hebrew's 12:12 on his eye black explained it. Tim Tebow's arm out og college was a " marino" arm but it just wasn't what good old timmy thought exceptable to Nfl standards so he prooved more on his legs. Tim Tebow changes lives and the game.
So Tebow has God given legs, so a baby born with no legs has God given stumps?. It's that all loving God again picking winners and losers.
sexy god legs

Miami, FL

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Jordan Wetmore wrote:
Cool fairy tale bro

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Jordan Wetmore wrote:
This reads like a bad joke. So if "God" gave TT legs, God must want TT to be a running back or tight end. Basically ANYTHING BUT a QB because if God wanted TT to be a QB, don't you think he'd have gifted him an arm and the necessary IQ a QB needs?

I'm trying to decipher this but you say "I do believe in TT's god same same. beliefs and all but sports are athletic competition not religion".

So what you're saying is sports are sports and one should be judged on what one does on the field and not what one brings to the field especially when it's religion? You see, what you tebowmaniacs(not to be confused with actual football fans)don't get is that if TT doesn't bring in the religious right and all his bigoted beliefs he's out of the NFL last year and doesn't get even a sniff at a shot. He remains 4th string in Denver and most likely he's out for the 2012 season as looks to be the case now. His skills didn't win him the job, you maniacs clamoring for him did and the fact is, his skills or lack-thereof is why he rode the bench in NY and why it looks as if he'll be out of the NFL.

You also say "But I thing Timmy is a test of faith sent by God".

So....SMH....You think an all powerful, all knowing, supposed loving and merciful "God" who created the universe and all that's in it decides to make TT and use him as an instrument to test people like me and my faith or lack-thereof? And you and people like you question why so many people are and have turned away from christianity and their followers? It's because of wild and crazy things like this that you all come up with! TT has become your golden calf, your false idol and even though it's in your bible to beware of doing this you people are too blind to see it. Oh well...

"Tim Tebow changes lives and the game."

Yea, look up what most of the Bronco players said about him once they booted him. Look at what the NY players said about him before and during his time there and see the polarization he's created in both sets of locker rooms. If it takes a fraud like TT to change your life, while there are literally millions of better more life changing options available buddy boy your life must have been in the gutter due to your extreme ignorance. Yea, he only changes the game in one regard, the game gets set back decades back to the leather helmet days.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#15 Feb 26, 2013
Tim Tebow is so divisive Dancing With the Stars passed on him
Sgtusmc

Cocoa, FL

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Tim is a great role model. He will make good at anything he does. If someone like Dallas takes him he will be one of the best ever to play QB.
He proved Elway wrong didn't he.
Tim Tebra

Miami, FL

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Sgtusmc wrote:
Tim is a great role model. He will make good at anything he does. If someone like Dallas takes him he will be one of the best ever to play QB.
He proved Elway wrong didn't he.
Yeah, Teblow sure as hell showed Elway, by sitting nailed to the bench of a team with a failing starting QB. Take that, Elway.
realityguy

Miami, FL

#20 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess his throwing arm is what brought a losing Bronco team into the playoffs?
No, a good Broncos defense brought the Broncos to the playoffs.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#21 Feb 27, 2013
realityguy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a good Broncos defense brought the Broncos to the playoffs.
In spite of Tebow losing 6-3 to Kyle Orton led Chiefs at hom on the last game of the season, the Bronco's defense made the playoffs

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Carol D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in equality, Why is it that only gay unmarried couples are eligible for health insurance in the Military? That is fair and equal?
You can't be a christian and believe in equality. It is an impossible compromise.

In regards to your health insurance question I have no idea about any of that but there's little that's fair and equal in this life and that's why instead of fighting against each other from religion to politics to natural resources we should put greed, intolerance and archaic beliefs aside and do what's best for each other. Only then will fairness and equality have a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC Greg Olson's Atrocious Game Planning Costing... 1 hr Tricks and No Treats 11
Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets 1 hr Flatulence Fred 46
Bay Area radio host lays into Reggie McKenzie, ... 2 hr Flatulence Fred 3
Can Broncos afford to keep the Thomases? 2 hr Flatulence Fred 11
Murray sets new NFL rushing record 14 hr Tony 10
Agent: Ellison didn't know Vicodin was a contro... (May '10) 22 hr Flatulence Fred 39
STS*: Several Standouts at New England 22 hr Flatulence Fred 18

NFL Players People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE