2013 NFL free agency: Scores of reasons why Tim Tebow is a bad idea in Carolina

Apr 2, 2013 Full story: Cat Scratch Reader 50

The idea of Tebow to the Panthers is making the rounds, and this is a terrible idea on many levels.

Full Story
gleas07

United States

#21 Apr 18, 2013
Tim Temedia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that can help him get his foot in the door, but he's completed under half of his passes in the NFL. That will send any QB packing.
I agree. But he has a better NFL record than most that would have that completion percentage. He runs well enough that as long as he has the slightest ability to beat you with a pass. He is effective. I dont think he's a starter but I'd love to see him in a backup situation where he's not pressured by fans to start. If he could learn behind Brady for example. He wont be pressed to start and he can focus solely on becoming a better passer while working with Bill. Just a thought. I mean he has weapons. So I think you're right but he has more tools than the average under 50 % passer.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#22 Apr 18, 2013
gleas07 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok learn who Jesus was. No where in the Bible does it say Jesus was against every type of violence. When Peter cut the ear off of the man trying to arrest Jesus he said put away your sword because he didn't need that help if he wanted, he could call twelve legions to free him but then the prophesy would not be fulfilled. Its not that he was against war or battles, but because he knew the only way to fulfill why he was sent was to simply let them take him. So to say he would be against football is folly. Just like saying God was against David killing Goliath. Now on money. Its not evil if its used for good if I take 1 mil and feed the hungry and help the sick is that evil? Please dont speak of what you dont know. Go to church. Learn about it please. And I will still be praying for you.
Wow...So you're comparing spiritual wars and holy battles that helped create and mold the Christianity of today to football that is of no consequence whatsoever to the world? LMAO!

Dude, what you say is pure folly and it's the reason why more and more people are straying from religion because of hypochristians like you that put your own insane and ridiculous personal spin on the bible that's already had 70+ personal spins put on it to suit man's own selfish needs and wants...and no I wont go back to church, I was raised in a catholic church and I grew up and opened my eyes and questioned what was told to be true and decided I wasn't about to live my life and believe man's "truth".

I know, I know...the bible basically says have faith and trust in the unseen and unheard blablabla...so convenient isn't it?
Gatorade distributor

Miami, FL

#23 Apr 19, 2013
gleas07 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But he has a better NFL record than most that would have that completion percentage. He runs well enough that as long as he has the slightest ability to beat you with a pass. He is effective. I dont think he's a starter but I'd love to see him in a backup situation where he's not pressured by fans to start. If he could learn behind Brady for example. He wont be pressed to start and he can focus solely on becoming a better passer while working with Bill. Just a thought. I mean he has weapons. So I think you're right but he has more tools than the average under 50 % passer.
I think he should try playing TE or LB.
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

#24 Apr 19, 2013
Gatorade distributor wrote:
<quoted text>
He is am all-pro punt protector

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#25 Apr 19, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He is am all-pro punt protector
Technically he wasn't good at that either.
gleas07

Houston, TX

#26 Apr 20, 2013
Gatorade distributor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah LB could be an option not te we saw that he cant block lol but I just want to see him given a more realistic chance at QB without the pressure of having to start.
gleas07

Houston, TX

#27 Apr 20, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...So you're comparing spiritual wars and holy battles that helped create and mold the Christianity of today to football that is of no consequence whatsoever to the world? LMAO!
Dude, what you say is pure folly and it's the reason why more and more people are straying from religion because of hypochristians like you that put your own insane and ridiculous personal spin on the bible that's already had 70+ personal spins put on it to suit man's own selfish needs and wants...and no I wont go back to church, I was raised in a catholic church and I grew up and opened my eyes and questioned what was told to be true and decided I wasn't about to live my life and believe man's "truth".
I know, I know...the bible basically says have faith and trust in the unseen and unheard blablabla...so convenient isn't it?
Ok im sorry you had a bad experience with religion but it is Catholicism. Im sorry but not the best denomination. Take the Bible for what it is read it yourself. And no im not comparing that im simply pointing out the fact that you said Jesus was all about peace and would condemn football because its of the devil with money involved just give it another chance with a different outlook. Growing up doesn't mean opening eyes often times it means getting blinded by things that are less likely to lead you in the right direction. Just check out Christianity by itself instead of what anyone including myself says about it. Still praying
Suzanne

Cary, NC

#28 Apr 22, 2013
The media seems hell bent on keeping Tebow out of the NFL and the news because they just cant deal with his faith. God will take him where he needs to go, whether that is another team or another profession.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#29 Apr 22, 2013
Suzanne wrote:
The media seems hell bent on keeping Tebow out of the NFL and the news because they just cant deal with his faith. God will take him where he needs to go, whether that is another team or another profession.
Just give the guy a couple of years or so as a starter to prove himself or not. There are no end of quarterbacks that have been given high praises and gone after a couple of years. Tebow is no worse. Give him his shot and go from there. And you are right about the media. Unbelievable about their venom due to his faith. And that is the reason.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#30 Apr 22, 2013
Elway really put it to Tebow sending him to the Jets.The Jets are one of the most dysfunctiobal teams there is.Rex Ryan doesnt have a clue what hes doing.They should send Tebow to the Packers or the Bears where hed be an upgrade and could probably carry them a game or two if their QB got hurt.
docholiday46

Orlando, FL

#31 Apr 23, 2013
TT works very hard and also won the H during college. I have watch his trowing in all situations. Everyone is saying he has not improved but he is not playing at all in the real game sitation. How does everyone expect him to improve. If I was an owner I would draft him in a second. He fills up the statdium. Comparing him to other qarterbacks is one demensional at best. The offensiv line and blocking by the backs is key. When he was in Denver that blocking did not happen but later on in the season he was clickin. He got further than Manning 'know it all'. Guess what, did Denver get the superbowl. NO. Tim needs a chance with a team that has real coaches. There is one experienced coach that indicated Tim was very good and only needed some real coaching. He set numerous records in the SEC which have not been broken. Does that tell you sometining. I have watched tapes and I see many QBs that have his throwing form. It has not stopped them from being successful. I'm sure it is Tim's outward demonstration of his religion. Rich Americans are so one faced.
docholiday46

Orlando, FL

#32 Apr 23, 2013
So wake up ESPN and NFL coaches/managers. Tim needs to be a starter QB. He will learn and will be successful. He is probably the strongest QB around in the NFL. That is what they said about DF from Boston. remember him? He went to the Canada league and came back to the NFL. If you have a good offensive line that can block just run him up the middle. Half tackles are not good enough for Tim. He runs through half tackles. When in Denver he made some great passes even with very little blocking. Go Tim. You deserve a chance
docholiday46

Orlando, FL

#33 Apr 23, 2013
So Jacksonville J's don't want Tebow. It will be another long season with no crowds and no wins. The owner is full of it. He could give TT a job and fill up his stadium for at least years. People love TT. Stop being less than smart Jacksonville Js.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#34 Apr 23, 2013
gleas07 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok im sorry you had a bad experience with religion but it is Catholicism. Im sorry but not the best denomination. Take the Bible for what it is read it yourself. And no im not comparing that im simply pointing out the fact that you said Jesus was all about peace and would condemn football because its of the devil with money involved just give it another chance with a different outlook. Growing up doesn't mean opening eyes often times it means getting blinded by things that are less likely to lead you in the right direction. Just check out Christianity by itself instead of what anyone including myself says about it. Still praying
See why religion is so wrong and divisive from top to bottom? You Christians even vilify other Christian denominations in attempts to glorify your denomination and personal beliefs. Who are you to say Catholicism is "not the best" when it's arguably the most believed in Christianity and if not for the Roman Catholic church you and TT wouldn't be enjoying your Jesus'ing privileges today!

How do you expect the world to take you Christians seriously and "come to Christ" when the 3 major christian denominations and it's many branches can't even get along even though you all believe in the same man?! It's a joke. Don't you think if it were real Yahweh and Jesus and the "virgin Many" and John the Baptist etc. would at least unify their own believers and stop all the in-house bickering? You know something's just not right when Christians themselves can't and won't even see eye to eye.

Get it right with your own religion and your followers first and once that finally happens even though you've had 1600 years to get it right and still haven't, then talk to me about going back to church.

BTW, I've "checked it out" and like I said earlier, I choose NOT to believe what men of the past have written and claim to be of a god. The bible you believe in isn't the original and it's been altered and mistranslated SEVERELY over 70 times in the last 1600 years by men of power who had their own selfish beliefs to appease.

Why don't you give logic and objectivity a try? Don't be scared, the big, bad old testament god is long gone and replaced with a more forgiving one remember? Wonder why they changed that too? You think their numbers were dwindling? LOL, joke!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#35 Apr 23, 2013
docholiday46 wrote:
TT works very hard and also won the H during college. I have watch his trowing in all situations. Everyone is saying he has not improved but he is not playing at all in the real game sitation. How does everyone expect him to improve. If I was an owner I would draft him in a second. He fills up the statdium. Comparing him to other qarterbacks is one demensional at best. The offensiv line and blocking by the backs is key. When he was in Denver that blocking did not happen but later on in the season he was clickin. He got further than Manning 'know it all'. Guess what, did Denver get the superbowl. NO. Tim needs a chance with a team that has real coaches. There is one experienced coach that indicated Tim was very good and only needed some real coaching. He set numerous records in the SEC which have not been broken. Does that tell you sometining. I have watched tapes and I see many QBs that have his throwing form. It has not stopped them from being successful. I'm sure it is Tim's outward demonstration of his religion. Rich Americans are so one faced.
Another tebowmaniac who again believes it's everyone else's fault that TT is not a success and will never put the blame where it should go. ON TT for not doing enough to deserve a spot on a roster!

He needs the perfect franchise to play for, the perfect GM, the perfect coaching staff, the perfect offense catered to him, the perfect teammates, the perfect defense etc etc. You guys have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to football or sports for that matter.

You tebowmaniacs really are the reason TT is despised and almost hated. You come up with total BS like this and you refuse to see any sort of logic and you all remain unreasonable.

The best thing you all can do for your Golden Calf is to shut up and let him make his own mark because all you're doing is hurting him by doing what you're doing.
LAWG07

Laurel, MS

#36 Apr 24, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
See why religion is so wrong and divisive from top to bottom? You Christians even vilify other Christian denominations in attempts to glorify your denomination and personal beliefs. Who are you to say Catholicism is "not the best" when it's arguably the most believed in Christianity and if not for the Roman Catholic church you and TT wouldn't be enjoying your Jesus'ing privileges today!
How do you expect the world to take you Christians seriously and "come to Christ" when the 3 major christian denominations and it's many branches can't even get along even though you all believe in the same man?! It's a joke. Don't you think if it were real Yahweh and Jesus and the "virgin Many" and John the Baptist etc. would at least unify their own believers and stop all the in-house bickering? You know something's just not right when Christians themselves can't and won't even see eye to eye.
Get it right with your own religion and your followers first and once that finally happens even though you've had 1600 years to get it right and still haven't, then talk to me about going back to church.
BTW, I've "checked it out" and like I said earlier, I choose NOT to believe what men of the past have written and claim to be of a god. The bible you believe in isn't the original and it's been altered and mistranslated SEVERELY over 70 times in the last 1600 years by men of power who had their own selfish beliefs to appease.
Why don't you give logic and objectivity a try? Don't be scared, the big, bad old testament god is long gone and replaced with a more forgiving one remember? Wonder why they changed that too? You think their numbers were dwindling? LOL, joke!
Ok first and foremost I am not completely downing Catholicism or any other religion as long as the main and firm belief is that there is God and his son died on the cross for out salvation. And you obviously do not know the "God of the Old Testament" if you think that he is gone and replaced with a more forgiving one. Its not that he forgives us just because he's more forgiving. He forgives because the blood that he requires for forgiveness has been spilled already and made it to where we have an undivided relationship with God through Christ. God is just as much of a judge as ever and I truly believe that God will make me answer for my sins one day, but I will have someone who has been to the cross because of and for me. I don't argue with any other Christian denomination about the simple theology of God being God and Jesus being his son who died on the cross for us. We simply disagree on the different studies of the Bible. But everyone, even people who are alike, disagrees on little things. Me and you disagree on this and Tebow but I am simply trying to help you see before its to late this is the last response I will give to this. I hope and pray that things change. Still praying.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#37 Apr 24, 2013
LAWG07 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok first and foremost I am not completely downing Catholicism or any other religion as long as the main and firm belief is that there is God and his son died on the cross for out salvation. And you obviously do not know the "God of the Old Testament" if you think that he is gone and replaced with a more forgiving one. Its not that he forgives us just because he's more forgiving. He forgives because the blood that he requires for forgiveness has been spilled already and made it to where we have an undivided relationship with God through Christ. God is just as much of a judge as ever and I truly believe that God will make me answer for my sins one day, but I will have someone who has been to the cross because of and for me. I don't argue with any other Christian denomination about the simple theology of God being God and Jesus being his son who died on the cross for us. We simply disagree on the different studies of the Bible. But everyone, even people who are alike, disagrees on little things. Me and you disagree on this and Tebow but I am simply trying to help you see before its to late this is the last response I will give to this. I hope and pray that things change. Still praying.
Deny the fact that your own religion and all it's denominations can't get along with each other all you like. It's not going to make it any less of a fact. It just emphasizes the fact that you christians will bury your heads in the sand when it comes to things like this as per usual.

Like it or not, people were turning away from Old Testament christianity and it's authors needed someone or something to help raise their numbers again unless they wanted obscurity. In walks Jesus and maybe he's real and does some good things and has a cool perspective but the son of a god he is not. The story of a christ/hero had been told basically the same way for thousands and thousands of years previously. BEFORE JESUS! Just look up Krishna and Mithra to name 2 out of the 30+ christs/heroes that came before Jesus.

Ever ask yourself why it took nearly 300 years for christianity to come to fruition and why they murdered the pagans and ripped off their religion and made it their own? Ever ask yourself why to this very day the Vatican HAS the books of Jesus and Mary Magdalene yet still will not release them or include them in the christian bible?

I could literally go on and on and on but I digress. Most of you christians are so judgmental and so hypocritical it's scary and all of you live in the proverbial glasshouse yet you still act as if you know it all and will cast every stone you have. Like I said before, get YOUR house and all your christian churches right FIRST and then you might have a leg to stand on but until then you're all just hypocrites plain and simple.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#38 Apr 24, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Elway really put it to Tebow sending him to the Jets.The Jets are one of the most dysfunctiobal teams there is.Rex Ryan doesnt have a clue what hes doing.They should send Tebow to the Packers or the Bears where hed be an upgrade and could probably carry them a game or two if their QB got hurt.
Tebow CHOSE the Jets HIMSELF. Elway gave him a choice because there were only 2 teams that wanted TT; he could go to the Jets or the Jags and TT claiming god instructed him went to NY but god doesn't make mistakes, he just works in mysterious ways...
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#39 Apr 25, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tebow CHOSE the Jets HIMSELF. Elway gave him a choice because there were only 2 teams that wanted TT; he could go to the Jets or the Jags and TT claiming god instructed him went to NY but god doesn't make mistakes, he just works in mysterious ways...
Never ever attempt to confuse Tebowmaniacs with facts
Tebow wanted the big stage to preach from...
trouble is NOBODY wants to listen to a benchwarmer

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#40 Apr 25, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Never ever attempt to confuse Tebowmaniacs with facts
Tebow wanted the big stage to preach from...
trouble is NOBODY wants to listen to a benchwarmer
Haha, you're right as per usual! What was I thinking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commentary: Brady-Belichick Simply the Best 13 hr Mensan Diarrhea 2
One and only choice for NFL MVP: Tom Brady 13 hr Mensans for Best ... 29
Keidel: Aaron Rodgers Is The Greatest Quarterba... 14 hr Katie Diarrhea 38
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) 14 hr Explosive Diarrhea 60
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 22 hr Rossturbates 295
2015 NFL Draft: Oakland Raiders' Top 5 Needs 22 hr Philatus 4
Patriots Clinch Top Seed In AFC Thu Nicks Christmas D... 8
More from around the web