On the state of Christian Ponder's pr...

On the state of Christian Ponder's progress

There are 95 comments on the ESPN story from Jun 20, 2013, titled On the state of Christian Ponder's progress. In it, ESPN reports that:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Standing with reporters Thursday on the final day of the Minnesota Vikings ' offseason program, quarterback Christian Ponder provided this summary of his work with the offense: "We definitely got better, but there were some days that were better than others."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

viking nation

Madera, CA

#62 Jul 31, 2013
I can care less about other QBs or players but when someone starts to compare one player to a vikings players then I will give my opinion. When the Vikings drafted Ponder it really didn't matter if they drafted him in the first round or the second, No one was going to let the vikes trade to get the Cam or others that went before Ponder. I am happy the Vikes got Ponder over Blaine Gabbert Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker That did less for their teams then Ponder to date. I did like Andy Dalton & was hoping the Vikes picked him but he like Ponder isn't a strong arm QB. Cam Newton has everything one looks for in a QB but the Panthers real problem is'nt only the defense it's Cam's ability to grasp a large amount of info at once and then being able to dictate that info to others. If you can't remember where your receivers are going to be you do what you do best RUN. I seen Cam talking with Jon Gruden, He ask Cam to give a play from Auburn's playbook & Cam was lost, Gruden had to step in to to save him from embarrassing his self. You play for four years at one school & can't remember a play when asked. Come On Now as far as Tebow goes he still doesnt place his feet right when throwing I hear he has a good work habit but I guess it isnt putting time in his foot work or timing. I am not a big Ponder fan but he is better then the other QBs that was left on the draft board & he has proved to be a winner & that is the bottom line now isn't it?
viking nation

Madera, CA

#63 Jul 31, 2013
Avant I just wanted to know, Im not jumping on you at all I am only asking - You have said the Vikes wins are because of Peterson but gave no credit at all to Ponder for helping in them wins, Ponder didn't blow them games the Vikes won. Your more then willing to put the blame on Ponder when the team loses like no other player had anything to do with the losses so why not give him some of the credit when the team wins? I know about his yards per - game output & how poor it is & that it's something to worry about but as poor as it is he still helped win them games & Cam Newton hasn't yet you blame other players, the Panthers defense for his losses. The same can be said of the Vikes defense, They didn't cover the receivers in the Vikes losses. Look at the Vikes pass defense rankings.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#64 Aug 1, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Avant I just wanted to know, Im not jumping on you at all I am only asking - You have said the Vikes wins are because of Peterson but gave no credit at all to Ponder for helping in them wins, Ponder didn't blow them games the Vikes won. Your more then willing to put the blame on Ponder when the team loses like no other player had anything to do with the losses so why not give him some of the credit when the team wins? I know about his yards per - game output & how poor it is & that it's something to worry about but as poor as it is he still helped win them games & Cam Newton hasn't yet you blame other players, the Panthers defense for his losses. The same can be said of the Vikes defense, They didn't cover the receivers in the Vikes losses. Look at the Vikes pass defense rankings.
Not only I have said the MVP carried us to the playoffs every NFL Network, ESPN pundit, writers say so too.

If Christian Ponder played EVERY game and had statistically the greatest first 2 seasons EVER not only would I be on his bandwagon but with Peterson we would have won a superbowl already.

HERE'S THE TRUTH!

Wilson, RG3, Kaepernick went to playoff teams Veteran coaches Luck's team made the playoffs the year before had same players they just lacked a QB.

Panthers were a last place team with last place talent and a first year coach. That's the difference,

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#65 Aug 1, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>I can walk and CHEW you out at the same time. Meaning whatever people are talking about I talk about. We have repeated ourselves, there is nothing new with the vikings. You knew this
You just wanted to say something but had nothing to say.
LOL! Awwww whats the matter? Getting mad? Thats ok, maybe someday you will be able to learn the actual game of football, then you can talk about other things besides other teams QB's which unless they are NFC north, have nothing to do with the Vikings. Okay, done shooting you down for awhile, bye-bye.

Location hidden

#66 Aug 1, 2013
viking nation wrote:
I can care less about other QBs or players but when someone starts to compare one player to a vikings players then I will give my opinion. When the Vikings drafted Ponder it really didn't matter if they drafted him in the first round or the second, No one was going to let the vikes trade to get the Cam or others that went before Ponder. I am happy the Vikes got Ponder over Blaine Gabbert Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker That did less for their teams then Ponder to date. I did like Andy Dalton & was hoping the Vikes picked him but he like Ponder isn't a strong arm QB. Cam Newton has everything one looks for in a QB but the Panthers real problem is'nt only the defense it's Cam's ability to grasp a large amount of info at once and then being able to dictate that info to others. If you can't remember where your receivers are going to be you do what you do best RUN. I seen Cam talking with Jon Gruden, He ask Cam to give a play from Auburn's playbook & Cam was lost, Gruden had to step in to to save him from embarrassing his self. You play for four years at one school & can't remember a play when asked. Come On Now as far as Tebow goes he still doesnt place his feet right when throwing I hear he has a good work habit but I guess it isnt putting time in his foot work or timing. I am not a big Ponder fan but he is better then the other QBs that was left on the draft board & he has proved to be a winner & that is the bottom line now isn't it?
You are happy the Vikes draft Ponder over Blaine Gabbert Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker but are you happy we left Colin Kaepernick on the board in favor of our franchise QB?
GBPmies

Finland

#67 Aug 1, 2013
viking nation wrote:
WOw to knock someone for spelling when how many times have I seen missspelled words on here. I guess there all idiots. Culpepper led the 98 Vikings when it was Cunningham Yes the label can be put to that but a missspelled word or two is pretty harsh.
Shur everywon makes misdakes form time to tim....

.... but you when you misspell the word "misspelled" TWICE, that is downright f’in hilarious!!!!

WTF are doing? Is you hand hurting you again?

Location hidden

#68 Aug 1, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
.... but you when you misspell the word "misspelled" TWICE, that is downright f’in hilarious!!!!
When you have nothing to say make fun of spelling. Since 06 NEVER have I made fun of anything other than the lack of someones football knowledge. I never lack pertinent things to say on the NFL.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#69 Aug 1, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make a ( misdakes ) is what you posted. It's mistakes & I did see after I posted I used S 3 times It was a mistake Just as yours here So what do you have to tell yourself yes it's f'in hilarious lol
viking nation

Madera, CA

#70 Aug 1, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You are happy the Vikes draft Ponder over Blaine Gabbert Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker but are you happy we left Colin Kaepernick on the board in favor of our franchise QB?
I don't think anyone knew Kaepernick would turn out the way he has Not even the experts.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#71 Aug 1, 2013
Five other QBs was taken ahead of Kaepernick: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Andy Dalton. Sure it's clear now that Kaepernick was the best pick. At the time many were surprised that Kaepernick was taken so early. He was predicted to be a middle-round pick, most likely as a backup.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#72 Aug 1, 2013
Mel Kiper–who had Kaepernick as his seventh quarterback behind Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Dalton, Mallett and Ponder–had him going to the San Francisco 49ers, but in the third round (78th overall). McShay projected Kaepernick to Washington with the 41st overall pick–and how different would things have been if he had gone to the Redskins in the draft?

Location hidden

#75 Aug 1, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Five other QBs was taken ahead of Kaepernick: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Andy Dalton. Sure it's clear now that Kaepernick was the best pick. At the time many were surprised that Kaepernick was taken so early. He was predicted to be a middle-round pick, most likely as a backup.
You fall into believing what the media tells you. Put Newton on the 49ers they would be just as good. Put Kaepernick on the Panthers they would be an 8 and 8 team.

Newton, Kaepernick, Luck, Rg3, Wilson are interchangeable. They are the elite young QB's

Daulton, Tannehill is the next level.

Ponder, Gabbert, Locker is the bottom of the young QB's

Do you agree or disagree of my list of young QB's?

Location hidden

#76 Aug 1, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Mel Kiper–who had Kaepernick as his seventh quarterback behind Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Dalton, Mallett and Ponder–had him going to the San Francisco 49ers, but in the third round (78th overall). McShay projected Kaepernick to Washington with the 41st overall pick–and how different would things have been if he had gone to the Redskins in the draft?
Kaepernick played at Nevada. I knew he was good and certainly better than Christian Ponder. Didn't think he would be as good as Cam Newton tho.

Ponder by most experts was a 3rd to 4th round projet. That was my assessment also.

I'm good at QB prognostication have an excellent record. I put my prestige behind Geno Smith EVERYBODY says he will be a bust, He is now outplaying Mark Sanchez. Looks like I done it again.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#77 Aug 1, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You fall into believing what the media tells you. Put Newton on the 49ers they would be just as good. Put Kaepernick on the Panthers they would be an 8 and 8 team.
Newton, Kaepernick, Luck, Rg3, Wilson are interchangeable. They are the elite young QB's
Daulton, Tannehill is the next level.
Ponder, Gabbert, Locker is the bottom of the young QB's
Do you agree or disagree of my list of young QB's?
2010 2011 the vikings was not as good of a team as the Panthers the vikings secondary sucked in them years & so did the vikings front line, The vikes had no OG or LT their WR receivers sucked. also the last 2 seasons the vikings pass defense wasn't good. so the same can be said of the Vikings that your saying about the Panthers. Don't you see that?

Spring Hill, FL

#78 Aug 2, 2013
Avant has know idea what Newton would do on the 9er's.Personally my guess is the defenses in the west would kill him.All the other Qb's are taken straight from the pages of Walters,if they do good he talks like a kid.If they do bad,he doesn't mention them and hopes people forget.The Jets qb records are held by Namath and his totals are low.Avant figures EJ can catch that.Who cares.I say he's T.Jackson with the mental makeup of a soon to be exposed loser.
Avant can't talk football,the Vikings or anything but qb's that he lumps straight off the mock draft pages.He then uses it in this site and thinks he's something special and talking football.From what I've read from some members to include the G.B. guys,they all can talk football.But not Avant.
Fraud and a fake Viking fan.
How F'ing elementary.

Spring Hill, FL

#79 Aug 2, 2013
This is how it works with Avant.Mention one or two guys coming out next season around now.In his mind,he has now laid claim to them.Anybody else is now copying the info he gave you.During the season,he'll make a few mentions to keep it fresh,around Heisman time he'll be beating the drum on how good he is.Shortly before the draft,he'll name 5 to 10 coming out.From that moment on,he doesn't shut up.During the 1st season of their careers,he'll tell everybody he's the Qb guru if the Qb's are good, collateral damage for those who don't pan out.
Ponder????Simple.Avant has knocked every Viking Qb since 06 minus Jackson.
That's the "troll".Of course he'll tell you he's pulling for Ponder.That would be in the same breath as putting him down at every opportunity.
A fake Viking fan is someone who hopes for a Ponder failure,just so he can say
See,see I'm a guru.He'd really rather see the Vikings fail for the sake of his agenda.
Proof??????????
Reference 09 in the forum.Avant showed his negativity all season.Never for a guy who claims he wants a championship in his life time did he support the 09 squad.
When they lost to N.O.in the NFC Championship,real fans were crushed for a long time.Jimmy was straight in the forum giddy as could be.He'll tell you it was because he doesn't like Favre.
??????????Has anybody ever seen a sports fan with that makeup????
At any rate,Avant talks Qb's that are of no importance around here,and acts like he got them from the Omaha Beef.How sorry.Anybody wanting to be like Avant,go to Walters Football today.Get your list of qb's and bore us to death all year.Then turn it up during the seasons that follow.Mention some positive Vikings thoughts once a week,while putting the team down,everyday.

Location hidden

#80 Aug 2, 2013
Childress wrote:
This is how it works with Avant.Mention one or two guys coming out next season around now.In his mind,he has now laid claim to them.Anybody else is now copying the info he gave you.During the season,he'll make a few mentions to keep it fresh,around Heisman time he'll be beating the drum on how good he is.Shortly before the draft,he'll name 5 to 10 coming out.From that moment on,he doesn't shut up.During the 1st season of their careers,he'll tell everybody he's the Qb guru if the Qb's are good, collateral damage for those who don't pan out.
Ponder????Simple.Avant has knocked every Viking Qb since 06 minus Jackson.
That's the "troll".Of course he'll tell you he's pulling for Ponder.That would be in the same breath as putting him down at every opportunity.
A fake Viking fan is someone who hopes for a Ponder failure,just so he can say
See,see I'm a guru.He'd really rather see the Vikings fail for the sake of his agenda.
Proof??????????
Reference 09 in the forum.Avant showed his negativity all season.Never for a guy who claims he wants a championship in his life time did he support the 09 squad.
When they lost to N.O.in the NFC Championship,real fans were crushed for a long time.Jimmy was straight in the forum giddy as could be.He'll tell you it was because he doesn't like Favre.
??????????Has anybody ever seen a sports fan with that makeup????
At any rate,Avant talks Qb's that are of no importance around here,and acts like he got them from the Omaha Beef.How sorry.Anybody wanting to be like Avant,go to Walters Football today.Get your list of qb's and bore us to death all year.Then turn it up during the seasons that follow.Mention some positive Vikings thoughts once a week,while putting the team down,everyday.
What you didn't mention is 100 percent of the QB's I said would be NFL stars you, the rest of the forum in unison said they would be BUST showing no knowledge of the QB position.

Spring Hill, FL

#81 Aug 2, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Skelton,Yates are mishaps nothing more.
You mean like this??????????

Spring Hill, FL

#82 Aug 2, 2013
Jimmy knows,I know
he knows
N
O
T
H
I
N
G
Avant is a waste of Viking forum space.
GBPmies

Finland

#83 Aug 2, 2013
viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>We all make a ( misdakes ) is what you posted. It's mistakes & I did see after I posted I used S 3 times It was a mistake Just as yours here So what do you have to tell yourself yes it's f'in hilarious lol
Mine wasn't a mistake you F'in retard. The whole first line of what I posted is all messed up on purpose --- as a joke! There are more errors then just "misdakes" you clueless wonder!

For F sakes it starts off with the word "shur", do you think that is an actual word or should it have been written "sure" You are so F'ing dense it pains me. The whole thing went WAY over your dumb
head. English is not your native language is it? It is understandable if it is not.

Here let me help you.

I posted
“Shur everywon makes misdakes form time to tim....“ as a joke

Which normally it would read

“Sure everyone makes mistakes from time to time….”

Congrats though, you managed to pick out only 1 of the 5 errors in the sentence and tried to throw it back at me like an ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings' OT Phil Loadholt a player for Giants t... Jun 17 Stubby 4
News Unsolved: Burger Chef murders (Nov '13) Jun 17 Paul Hogan 3
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun 14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 positions that could cause... Jun 10 Magnum Man II 1
News Does PFF's 11-5 prediction amount to Raiders be... Jun 9 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Kaepernick takes reps for first time since surgery Jun 8 Slap her dick 1
News Report: Talib told friends he shot himself Jun 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web