Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 20...

Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder?

There are 38 comments on the BleacherReport story from May 2, 2013, titled Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Few young quarterbacks will enter the 2013 NFL season with more individual pressure resting on their shoulders than Andy Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals and Christian Ponder of the Minnesota Vikings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 May 4, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jimmy,
walk over to Pro Football Talk and take a look at another of my guys
Audie Cole.He might emerge as the MLB.It's still wide open,I would like that,I'm building my team,right along side "The Rick".As we all know I had a MLB,Wr,CB,with our top 3 picks.I also stated if a top guy falls in the draft,you have to take him.Thus the flip by Minn.from MLB to DT.Spot on.Ponder and Rudolph the red zone reindeer.Yea,it's like that.
Your Viking guys??????????
NOTHING.
I also predicted Minn.would draft a punter in the 7th,never gave the name though.it was in the other site,with witnesses.
You??????????
Nothing.
Audie Cole will not start I don't like his athleticism.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#22 May 4, 2013
No way was a MLB part of the vikes plan with there first two picks. It was CB then WR The vikes plan from day one was go after Patterson if there & same goes with CB Rhodes. The Vikes gave up 4 picks to get Patterson, they said they didn't want to take a chance on Patterson being gone by their second round pick. If the Vikes thought anything about Te'o they sure could have traded down in the second round to get him. by trading their second & third round pick only. they didn't have to use 4 like they did for Patterson so they couldn't have had any interest in Te'o right? myself I don't think the vikes was after Te'o at all & it was a big smoke screen to make teams & fans think they would hold off to later rounds 3 & 4 to pick a receiver.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#23 May 4, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Audie Cole will not start I don't like his athleticism.
Heading into in the draft, many expected the Vikings to take Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o in the first-round if he were to be available to them at either No. 23 or No. 25 overall. Not only did Minnesota pass on him with each of their two first-round picks, but they surprisingly traded back into round one and passed on him a third time when they drafted WR Cordarrelle Patterson.

The Vikings walked away from the draft with two linebackers in Gerald Hodges and Michael Mauti, but it appears as though they are prepared to give Erin Henderson the first shot at taking over as their starting middle linebacker.

Henderson told reporters on Wednesday that the Vikings coaching staff has informed him that they plan to have him open OTAs as their starting middle linebacker, per Tom Pelissaro.

Dan Wiederer of the Star Tribune writes that Henderson is the Vikings “most intriguing option” currently on their roster, but adds that 2012 seventh-round pick Audie Cole could be in the mix as well.

Despite the fact that there are still players in available in the free agent market like Brian Urlacher and Karlos Dansby, Wiederer believes the Vikings are unlikely to consider either player at this point in time.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#24 May 4, 2013
Chlidress Your perdictions was ---with the 1st pick in the 2013 draft,
The Minnesota Vikings (my team)
select
1)Kevin Minter ILB LSU
2)Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
3) Alex Ogletree OLB Georgia
This area is the teams biggest need.Greenway was drafted in 06 a 7 year vet getting on in years.We have nobody else at LB.
Wr we have Harvin and Wright,a need for more but no impact player will exist at 23.Some will argue Allen,etc but I think we go receiver later,just like getting Childs and wright rd 4 last season.Some say safty,I doubt it,same on the OL.DT,maybe, but it will have to be a lights out guy,plus I think the above 3 are more lights out anyway.
Ladiesssssssssssssssss and Gentlemen,( Note the Round of receiver _
viking nation

Madera, CA

#25 May 5, 2013
Chlidress You can't say if the top guy falls in the draft you got to take him & say you perdicted it come on lol & all the papers have Hodges as outside linebacker, its what he played in college. Are you going to say that you perdicted he will play in Henderson's open spot. Also if you put out enough picks one of them has got to be right.. You know Guys all this sounds like a kid bragging on how good he is, It's that or a senior citizen in their second childhood. its like im right im right im not a misfit lol.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#26 May 5, 2013
What a real perdiction was me saying the vikes would pick a CB & WR in the first round & they would have if Floyd would have gone to the projected team that all the experts had him going to. You said Henderson couldn't play MLB I guess your perdiction was wrong once more.

Spring Hill, FL

#27 May 5, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Audie Cole will not start I don't like his athleticism.
The Vikings employee 2 LB's roughly on 60 pct of snaps.Nickel is used the most.Henderson is weak in pass coverage.He's not even a Ben Leber.He is young and more experienced,but not in the middle.Frazier is leaving it open,for a reason.Henderson is not a natural,he may win the job by default.I'll go Cole,Urlacher in that order.Hodges outside,Henderson can be my primary back up at all 3 spots.Tell your little friend,he doesn't factor in discussions,as hard as he tries,until he admits who he is.Fraud with character issues=red flag.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#28 May 5, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Chlidress You can't say if the top guy falls in the draft you got to take him & say you perdicted it come on lol & all the papers have Hodges as outside linebacker, its what he played in college. Are you going to say that you perdicted he will play in Henderson's open spot. Also if you put out enough picks one of them has got to be right.. You know Guys all this sounds like a kid bragging on how good he is, It's that or a senior citizen in their second childhood. its like im right im right im not a misfit lol.
Childress has not said anything to you in a while. You once said you dont come here to talk smack, and insult. Yet once again, thats exactly what you did.

Spring Hill, FL

#29 May 5, 2013
ProCynic wrote:
<quoted text>Childress has not said anything to you in a while. You once said you dont come here to talk smack, and insult. Yet once again, thats exactly what you did.
check the Hargrove thread,that's what it's all about with ezg/viking n

Location hidden

#30 May 5, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>The Vikings employee 2 LB's roughly on 60 pct of snaps.Nickel is used the most.Henderson is weak in pass coverage.He's not even a Ben Leber.He is young and more experienced,but not in the middle.Frazier is leaving it open,for a reason.Henderson is not a natural,he may win the job by default.I'll go Cole,Urlacher in that order.Hodges outside,Henderson can be my primary back up at all 3 spots.Tell your little friend,he doesn't factor in discussions,as hard as he tries,until he admits who he is.Fraud with character issues=red flag.
Urlacher's mobility has regressed I'm high on our two Penn state draft choices you show be too it's Penn state. Where Ever happens I'm looking forward to a top 10 defense this and many years to come.

Other than the QB position we are better than the Packers. Watch out for Wright and Greg Childs if healthy along with Patterson we have a nice your receiving core.

Spring Hill, FL

#31 May 6, 2013
Urlacher could be a 1 year fit.It depends on what we already have and future plans.The fact Minn.is not set on the position tells me they planned on drafting a MLB.So now they have ????and their trying a few things out.So it might be Urlacher,all depends on Henderson,Cole on the inside and how Hodges looks outside.
Childs should be given every opportunity to heal 1st and then get back in football shape.Not everybody is AP.He seems to be progressing but I hope he'll be 100 percent 1st.
The MLB we drafted has been blowing out both knees for a few years,when healthy he was as competitive or better than Hodges,despite both playing different LB positions.Another guy that needs to get healthy by 100 pct 1st.
Cole was drafted by the Vikings,
I'll go Cole or Urlacher MLB
Hodges outside
Henderson for top depth across the board.
Speaking of Marino,
a Qb who is at the top or close in all passing stats.1 S.B. a loss
Griese another Miami Qb doesn't have Marino stats,won because of a crushing ground game led by Czonk and a no name defense.
Greise was a game manager.They also had a H.C.legend.
If Ponder can at least be a game manager,it will be enough,I think he can be more.If not,there's always a next up.

Spring Hill, FL

#32 May 6, 2013
My final draft,which I placed in here on Wed.,1 day before the draft was,
Rd 1 LB and Wr
Rd 2 CB
Rd 3 OG
Rd 4 Wr and LB
Rd 5 DT
Rd 6 RB
in another site I listed a punter for rd 7.
I also stated if a top guy falls,you draft him.
The top was so OT heavy,we had plenty of talent fall in our lap.I'm satisfied with how I saw things.So we did go LB in the 4th,and pretty much dead on,everywhere else,we did get a few OG's a punter.Trading away the gut of our draft,obviously changed things,but my thinking was sound.We'll see what they do in the MLB short and long term soon enough.There are 4 MLB's projected rd 1 in 2014.I'll start with us getting C.J.Mosley Alabama.I'll also leave OG,S and maybe DE on the board depending how things go for Minn.with the DE's all hitting free agency.Another DT is possible.But as of today,I'll go MLB rd 1 next draft.

Spring Hill, FL

#33 May 6, 2013
Speaking of Matt Cassell:
And it's in the Archives.
I heavily pushed for Minn.to get him when it was apparent N.E.was going to trade him,after all we had the lowly TJ.
In 2008 he had a monster year with N.E.filling in for Brady,he was in the shot gun on most plays.Had an up and down career with the Chiefs,but 2010 was pretty damn good.
With the right coaching,use,and supporting cast,as N.E.proved he can be that good.
Bottom line?
"The two Rick's" have struck again.
Building my team.
Building my team.

I'm starting the Childress and Spielman show
starring
Childress and Spielman.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#34 May 8, 2013
Sand Cassels fall into the sea

Location hidden

#35 May 8, 2013
Childress wrote:
Speaking of Matt Cassell:
And it's in the Archives.
I heavily pushed for Minn.to get him when it was apparent N.E.was going to trade him,after all we had the lowly TJ.
In 2008 he had a monster year with N.E.filling in for Brady,he was in the shot gun on most plays.Had an up and down career with the Chiefs,but 2010 was pretty damn good.
With the right coaching,use,and supporting cast,as N.E.proved he can be that good.
Bottom line?
"The two Rick's" have struck again.
Building my team.
Building my team.
I'm starting the Childress and Spielman show
starring
Childress and Spielman.
Randy Moss made Matt Cassel just like Moss gave Tom Brady his best statistical year. I don't dislike Cassle he's a SC guy but crashed and burned with the Chiefs. He's better than Ponder neither leads us to where we want to go,.

Location hidden

#36 Feb 5, 2016
Avant wrote:
I already said by mid season Cassel will be our QB and the QB of 2014 into the future isn't on the team yet. Hope I'm wrong but you know my QB record.
Magnum Man I even wanted Matt Cassel over Ponder. You say I only like black QB's, I didn't know Cassel was (as you call them) big black quarterback.

You have made yourself look bad with your race garbage I just hated Christan Ponder and I was right he stunk.
Purple Burple

Miami, FL

#37 Feb 5, 2016
This thread was as dead as Duane Allman's nuts, yet it got revived.
Fart news

United States

#38 Feb 5, 2016
Old farts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging ... Mon LittlePhartt 23
News Step aside, Easter bunny. North Korea dominates... Apr 21 Sausage phart 5
News AJ Hawk to retire with the Green Bay Packers Apr 19 Retire Phartz 2
News Packers open workouts with some new changes in ... Apr 19 Open Phartz 2
News Aaron Hernandez lawyers intend call 3 witnesses... Apr 19 Life Phartz 7
News 49ers Lynch on dealing No. 2 pick: 'We're open ... Apr 13 DealingPhartzz 2
News Report: Jay Cutler still considering retirement Apr 13 Considering Phart 2
More from around the web