Independent voice weighs in on Tony R...

Independent voice weighs in on Tony Romo's performance

There are 50 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Nov 1, 2012, titled Independent voice weighs in on Tony Romo's performance. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

You are coming in loud and clear, via either the written word on e-mail, text and the comments section, or the booming voices of disgust on sports talk radio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#21 Nov 15, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Romo is better than the 3 you mentioned by far. Sure, he was not drafted, but he is a great athlete, who would not have to scramble like he does if he had a decent OL. He could be a terrific pocket passer like Brady if he had the same protection Brady has.
For better protection, Romo could wear a condom while playing.
Marc Colombo job search

Miami, FL

#22 Nov 15, 2012
It is true, the Dallas OL couldn't protect Rowmoe if they were equipped with tasers and night sticks. They suck.
Cowboy fan

Houston, TX

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Eli also has 2 Super Bowl rings...Romo as ring worm...and sucks....
Cowboy fan

Houston, TX

#24 Nov 15, 2012
Romo sucks....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/espn-sports-...

BRISTOL, CT—In an installment of the popular segment broadcast Thursday night, ESPN’s “Sport Science” attempted to investigate the natural phenomena surrounding Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s shittiness and provide conclusive explanations for why the Dallas veteran sucks so bad.

“We always want to highlight the athletes who perform on nearly superhuman levels,”“Sports Science” host John Brenkus said.“And really, nobody in sports presents a better case study of a player who spectacularly collapses under the pressure of a professional athletic stage than Tony Romo.”

The four-minute piece, which used high-tech motion sensors and accelerometers to measure the quarterback’s forced and ill-advised throws, revealed that Romo possesses the exceptional ability to fuck up in just 0.64 seconds. The segment also sought to explain the physics involved in Romo haphazardly chucking a perfect spiral directly into the hands of an opposing cornerback.

“We observed Romo missing 98 percent of our targets,” Brenkus said.“While studying the footage, we were able to determine that his capacity to make poor decisions in less than a second greatly influence why he’s so imprecise.”

“There’s not a quarterback in the NFL who can make a mistake as quickly as Romo,” Brenkus added.

The “Sports Science” broadcast confirmed that Romo’s numerous boneheaded meltdowns in clutch situations correspond to an abnormally terrible field of vision coupled with an unparalleled knack for sloppily throwing into double coverage.

In addition, the show used computer animations of Romo’s brain to simulate the precise slowness of neural firings required for the quarterback to stand in the pocket and take a sack instead of spotting an open receiver streaking down the sideline.

Physicist and local professor Dr. Charles Dunbar, who worked as a consultant on the “Sport Science” segment, confirmed that Romo has seemed to defy logic with his horrid play over the years. Analyzing tape of the Dallas quarterback throwing four interceptions to the Giants in week eight, Dunbar said he was intrigued by how the human body could be capable of such an utterly shitty performance.

“It was truly fascinating to scrutinize Romo’s pathetic struggles on the field,” Dunbar said.“We are finally starting to unravel the science behind the dumb shit tripping over his own feet and falling down well before the pass rushers arrive.”

“Those in the scientific community interested in studying piss poor quarterbacking truly couldn’t ask for a better subject,” Dunbar added.
Cowboy fan

Houston, TX

#25 Nov 15, 2012
Fake story but interesting that they choose Romo as the butt of the joke...Americas Jokes....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#26 Nov 15, 2012
Cowboy fan wrote:
Fake story but interesting that they choose Romo as the butt of the joke...Americas Jokes....
They are obviously monitoring topix for timely satire
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#27 Nov 15, 2012
are you kiddng wrote:
<quoted text>
you gotta be idding? or smokin GGOOODD weed
What would someone from MO know anything about the Cowboys or the NFL period? The Cowboys will make the playoffs, just like the Giants did last year with a 8-8 record. Luck is all it took for the Giants, and luck is all it will take for the Cowboys!
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#28 Nov 15, 2012
Cowboy fan wrote:
Romo sucks....
http://www.theonion.com/articles/espn-sports-...
BRISTOL, CT—In an installment of the popular segment broadcast Thursday night, ESPN’s “Sport Science” attempted to investigate the natural phenomena surrounding Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s shittiness and provide conclusive explanations for why the Dallas veteran sucks so bad.
“We always want to highlight the athletes who perform on nearly superhuman levels,”“Sports Science” host John Brenkus said.“And really, nobody in sports presents a better case study of a player who spectacularly collapses under the pressure of a professional athletic stage than Tony Romo.”
The four-minute piece, which used high-tech motion sensors and accelerometers to measure the quarterback’s forced and ill-advised throws, revealed that Romo possesses the exceptional ability to fuck up in just 0.64 seconds. The segment also sought to explain the physics involved in Romo haphazardly chucking a perfect spiral directly into the hands of an opposing cornerback.
“We observed Romo missing 98 percent of our targets,” Brenkus said.“While studying the footage, we were able to determine that his capacity to make poor decisions in less than a second greatly influence why he’s so imprecise.”
“There’s not a quarterback in the NFL who can make a mistake as quickly as Romo,” Brenkus added.
The “Sports Science” broadcast confirmed that Romo’s numerous boneheaded meltdowns in clutch situations correspond to an abnormally terrible field of vision coupled with an unparalleled knack for sloppily throwing into double coverage.
In addition, the show used computer animations of Romo’s brain to simulate the precise slowness of neural firings required for the quarterback to stand in the pocket and take a sack instead of spotting an open receiver streaking down the sideline.
Physicist and local professor Dr. Charles Dunbar, who worked as a consultant on the “Sport Science” segment, confirmed that Romo has seemed to defy logic with his horrid play over the years. Analyzing tape of the Dallas quarterback throwing four interceptions to the Giants in week eight, Dunbar said he was intrigued by how the human body could be capable of such an utterly shitty performance.
“It was truly fascinating to scrutinize Romo’s pathetic struggles on the field,” Dunbar said.“We are finally starting to unravel the science behind the dumb shit tripping over his own feet and falling down well before the pass rushers arrive.”
“Those in the scientific community interested in studying piss poor quarterbacking truly couldn’t ask for a better subject,” Dunbar added.
If I wanted to read a book, I would buy something worth reading!
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#29 Nov 15, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What would someone from MO know anything about the Cowboys or the NFL period? The Cowboys will make the playoffs, just like the Giants did last year with a 8-8 record. Luck is all it took for the Giants, and luck is all it will take for the Cowboys!
I think Luck plays for the Colts.
Cowboy fan

Houston, TX

#30 Nov 16, 2012
Romo should read a book on how not to throw INTs....
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#31 Nov 16, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If I wanted to read a book, I would buy something worth reading!
What, Redneck Jokes For Dummies.
Cowboy fan

Houston, TX

#32 Nov 16, 2012
I too am eagerly awaiting the mighty Cowboys to squeak in to the playoffs at 8-8 or maybe 9-7 via winning a division that absolutley sucks in 2012...so they can be embarrassed in the playoffs...

Then we all can watch Jerry Jones micromanage the 2013 draft war room with loser draft picks....again...
boys of cows

Miami, FL

#33 Nov 16, 2012
Wishing for good luck is a pisspoor substitute for having talent to compete.
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#34 Nov 16, 2012
Cowboy fan wrote:
Romo should read a book on how not to throw INTs....
You should go to college and write a thesis since you already know how to write a book on the Cowboys, especially being from Houston rather from Dallas! You are really an authority of what goes on in Dallas.
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#35 Nov 16, 2012
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> I think Luck plays for the Colts.
Luck does play for the Colts, but reality plays for the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Falcons, 49er's, etc., sorry but not the Colts this year.
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#36 Nov 16, 2012
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> What, Redneck Jokes For Dummies.
I'm not the one named "Clem"!
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#37 Nov 16, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one named "Clem"!
I told you my name is Winthorpe Maximus 111. You must Tebow with your head-down when you approach his highness.[ That would be me ].
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#38 Nov 16, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Luck does play for the Colts, but reality plays for the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Falcons, 49er's, etc., sorry but not the Colts this year.
Ah, you're just too quick for me.
Cowboy fan 1

Tyler, TX

#39 Nov 16, 2012
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> I told you my name is Winthorpe Maximus 111. You must Tebow with your head-down when you approach his highness.[ That would be me ].
Damn, you must be famous. That name sounds like an extra from the movie "Gladiator".
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#40 Nov 16, 2012
Cowboy fan 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Damn, you must be famous. That name sounds like an extra from the movie "Gladiator".
You get a funny for that one I knew you could do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) Thu Raiders pharts 343
News Former Minnesota Vikings assistant fired by the... Jan 12 SFB Pharts 6
News LeBeau vs Belichick in rare playoff battle Jan 11 Fart 4 Raiders 2
News NFL playoffs: Patriots are rested, recharged an... Jan 9 Raider Fart Time 4
News Brooks: Redskins should let QB Cousins walk away Jan 8 BigRaiderPharts 3
News Los Angeles Chargers 2017 rookie report card: M... Jan 8 SupplyRaiderFarts 2
News Hyde: Rules for the Dolphins to actually win th... Jan 7 Farting Raiderfan 2
More from around the web